PDA

View Full Version : Official: No GTA 3 for the Cube!

Snake
01-24-2002, 10:33 PM
http://cube.ign.com/news/41202.html

It cleary states that Gta 3 will not be coming to Gamecube. And no, I did not post this to hear a bunch of you cry like little babies! If you want the game that bad, buy a farking PS2.

Your thoughts? :D

GameKinG
01-24-2002, 10:38 PM
To good to be true...just too good to be true...

DeathsHand
01-24-2002, 10:38 PM
I think when the guy said that thing about having something for gamecube fans coming later this year, he was talking about the GBA version for some reason... :unsure:

Snake
01-24-2002, 10:40 PM
This has got to be the happiest day of my life.. :D

Joeiss
01-24-2002, 10:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... PS2 is just too sweet... Sorry, but it is true.

Snake
01-24-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

Over one game? :rolleyes:

*Cough* Biased *Cough*

Oh sorry, I had something in my throat :D

Blix
01-24-2002, 10:53 PM
I own a ps2 so I don't care. But it would've been good for the cube.

Shadow Fox
01-24-2002, 10:56 PM
I'm wondering why this is so "great" for PS2 fans; Rockstar still has GTA3 planned for PC/Mac and Xbox, so...eh.:unsure:

Well, there's always GTA4; by the time GTA3 would've debuted on GCN, it wouldn't have grossed much anyways, I think DMA learned from RE2, Perfect Dark, and CBFD's mistakes...good for them...I think...:unsure:

Heyyoudvd
01-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
I'm wondering why this is so "great" for PS2 fans; Rockstar still has GTA3 planned for PC/Mac and Xbox, so...eh.:unsure:

Well, there's always GTA4; by the time GTA3 would've debuted on GCN, it wouldn't have grossed much anyways, I think DMA learned from RE2, Perfect Dark, and CBFD's mistakes...good for them...I think...:unsure:

RE2, PD and CBFD's mistakes was that they were released so late, and by that time, N64 had already crossed the 'event horizon', in which it was forever doomed to be considered a 'kiddy' console, and these games would not cause too many "mature" gamers to switch over and get an N64 at that point in time.

DMA should realize that Gamecube is a very new console and they still have the chance to help sculpt what kind of a console it will be/be known as, and they still have the chance to get many 'mature' gamers to get a Gamecube, causing DMA to gain addiction profits.

I was really hoping for GTA3. :(

(Question: Who would have ben porting it over if it has happened, DMA or Rockstar?)

Shadow Fox
01-24-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd
(Question: Who would have ben porting it over if it has happened, DMA or Rockstar?) DMA design. They are the original developers of the game, and that won't change for the next installment, according to cloudchaser. Rockstar and Take-Two Interactive are merely publishers, and have nothing to do with the actual groundwork of the series, other than touch-ups here and there...

Mechadragon
01-24-2002, 11:33 PM
I'm getting an xbox anyway so its all good....

LoudHowardZERO
01-24-2002, 11:50 PM
Great! Now I have to get a PS2.. o well not to long anymore...

Gamer
01-25-2002, 12:07 AM
Meh, i can do without GTA

BigJustinW
01-25-2002, 01:14 AM
I guess GCN isn't getting Ps2's best game... oh well, I always knew that it was impossible to port to GCN.

cubeman420
01-25-2002, 03:05 AM

Man your a hipocrit, always leaning one way or the other, never on the same side.:D J/K

Joeiss
01-25-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Snake

Over one game? :rolleyes:

*Cough* Biased *Cough*

Oh sorry, I had something in my throat :D

Yes. I am happy that I have a PS2 just because of "one game". I am sorry, but this isn't just one game, it is THE game. It is so amazing. Which is why I am happy... because if it were to be on GCN, it would probably have updated graphics and such... But since it is not, I get to experience it fully... Unless they add extra stuff to the XBox and PC versions. :unsure:

Shadow_Link
01-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Ah well, just proves you shouldn't pin your hopes up on rumours...

Now, do I get it for PS2 or the Xbox?

BigJustinW
01-25-2002, 12:39 PM
Depends on what you own...

If you own both Ps2 and X-Box, I'd say X-Box

If you don''t own a Ps2 or X-Box, I'd say X-Box (or wait until Ps2's price drops)

If you own one or the other, get it for the system you own.

Shadow Fox
01-25-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
Depends on what you own...

If you own both Ps2 and X-Box, I'd say X-Box

If you don''t own a Ps2 or X-Box, I'd say X-Box (or wait until Ps2's price drops)

If you own one or the other, get it for the system you own. Or get it for PC, since it'll likely be cheaper than an Xbox or PS2 copy ($50+)...

N8
01-25-2002, 02:29 PM
er...
some of you are morons

Why the crap does it make you happy that GTA isn't going to be on GC?
The only people who should care are those who only own a GC because this game is a masterpiece. If you are trying to rub it in someone's face then you are a jerk and should be hung or something.

I don't get it at all. Why would you want people to have to spend an extra 300 bucks to play one game?

Retarded...

*walks away shaking head*

Revival
01-25-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by N8
er...
some of you are morons

The only people who should care are those who only own a GC because this game is a masterpiece. If you are trying to rub it in someone's face then you are a jerk and should be hung or something.

I don't get it at all. Why would you want people to have to spend an extra 300 bucks to play one game?

Retarded...

Whoo! :rock: Go Nate!

I agree - paying a bunch of money to play one game is a total waste. It has to be 2 or more games to make it worth it ;)

N8
01-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Shooter
It has to be 2 or more games to make it worth it ;)

Well, that isn't my point, because PS2 definitely has more than 2 games worth purchasing the console for, but some people don't have the money.

Thx tho.

But some of you others are very immature.

azazela31
01-25-2002, 03:09 PM
Well it's denitely a minus for the GCN, but it has other games to offer, but somehow missing out GTA3 really sucks.

Revival
01-25-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by N8
Well, that isn't my point, because PS2 definitely has more than 2 games worth purchasing the console for, but some people don't have the money.
Hence the ";)" in my post.

Xantar
01-25-2002, 03:21 PM
N8, you deserve to have 50 doubloons added to your account for that insightful post.

Oh wait...

:D

Joeiss
01-25-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by N8
er...
some of you are morons

Retarded...

And what would you call the Nintendo Difference? This is sort of the same thing... But They would call it the Rockstar Difference. Oh, and GCN will probably end up getting GTA4... so it all evens out eventually.

Bond
01-25-2002, 03:56 PM
http://cube.ign.com/news/41202.html

It cleary states that Gta 3 will not be coming to Gamecube. And no, I did not post this to hear a bunch of you cry like little babies! If you want the game that bad, buy a farking PS2.

Your thoughts? :D
*Cough*Looks at all GameCube fanboys insisting GTA III would come to the GC.*Cough*

Well, I'm not really surprised. But I also doubt that it will come to the Xbox.

BigJustinW
01-25-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Bond

*Cough*Looks at all GameCube fanboys insisting GTA III would come to the GC.*Cough*

Well, I'm not really surprised. But I also doubt that it will come to the Xbox.

Well... cube.ign.com said it's not coming out for Cube, and they are in fact working in the XBox and PC versions.

Snake
01-25-2002, 06:04 PM

Yes. I am happy that I have a PS2 just because of "one game". I am sorry, but this isn't just one game, it is THE game. It is so amazing. Which is why I am happy... because if it were to be on GCN, it would probably have updated graphics and such... But since it is not, I get to experience it fully... Unless they add extra stuff to the XBox and PC versions. :unsure:

Well I can safely say that X-Box will finish off that job that you were afraid that Gamecube would do.

I think :unsure:

Snake
01-25-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by N8
er...
some of you are morons

Retarded...

I'm happy because I'm getting a PS2 in a few days.. and I like being happy :)

N8
01-25-2002, 06:23 PM

I'm happy because I'm getting a PS2 in a few days.. and I like being happy :)

but uh... that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. You aren't saying that you are happy because PS2 has GTAIII; you are saying you are happy because GC doesn't have GTAIII. Thus you are an idiot.

N8
01-25-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Xantar
N8, you deserve to have 50 doubloons added to your account for that insightful post.

Oh wait...

:D

spiffy!

Since you didn't, I'll give 'em to myself :p .

Snake
01-25-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by N8

but uh... that has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. You aren't saying that you are happy because PS2 has GTAIII; you are saying you are happy because GC doesn't have GTAIII. Thus you are an idiot.

I'm happy cause then I knew I wouldn't have had one of my reasons took off for buying a PS2 by Gamecube getting GTA 3... Plus a little bit of sarcasm here and there :D

N8
01-25-2002, 06:49 PM

I'm happy cause then I knew I wouldn't have had one of my reasons took off for buying a PS2 by Gamecube getting GTA 3... Plus a little bit of sarcasm here and there :D

I'm sorry, but that still doens't make any sense. If you were only buying a PS2 for GTAIII, then wouldn't you have rather gotten GTAIII on GC and saved 300 dollars? That would make sense to me. If you wanted a PS2 and GTAIII is one of the reasons you were getting a PS2, why would it matter that GTAIII would be on another system? That would mean that more people get to play this great game. Plus you could still get a PS2 if GTAIII was only one of the reasons for you buying the system.

Sorry pal, but it makes no sense any way you slice it.

Methinks you should have stated this before. That way you wouldn't look like a fanboy idiot. From the statements you gave, it seemed to me as if you had a PS2 already, and were glad that those who only have a GC couldn't play GTAIII. But now you just look silly and make no sense :p .

Look at it this way, at least you're not an idiot anymore.