PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil (and no, not the remake)

DeathsHand
01-24-2002, 09:03 PM
well this is like two topics in one... I saw similar ones on the IGN boards so I decided to post it here...

first is... well... *looks up at the poll*...

and the second is, if there are 1 or more returning characters in RE4, which would you want? I'm talking jill, claire, leon, barry, wesker, etc... And what would you want the game to be about? Maybe a little barry sidestory? Or a game where you play as wesker trying to get a sample of some kind of new virus or something? Maybe some sort of something having to do with Sherry Burkin (the little girl in RE2)? Hmm hmm? I want some more RE discussion around here, and I want it to not be about RE1's graphics ;)

GameKinG
01-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Fully 3D, or at least I hope so:unsure: . I am puzzled by why they are using pre-rendered for RE1. Im guessing its because they want that to be the same as the original RE1. If not, then maybe they have choosen pre-rendered the official style and wont change it. NOOO!

And, I would want totaly new characters. As I am very excited about the game either way, a fresh start (for 4 at least) would be interesting and fresh. I think 0 will have some originals from RE1...maybe even a twist with some other later ones.

DeathsHand
01-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by GameKinG
I am puzzled by why they are using pre-rendered for RE1.

It's probably because they wanted to make it so people can say that the graphics rox0rzrzzzzzzzz and is 100x bettear rthan anytihng esse out nwo!

Gamer
01-24-2002, 09:41 PM
Hmm, well the game looks alot better pre-rendered so i think i will still prefer it like that.

Blix
01-24-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

It's probably because they wanted to make it so people can say that the graphics rox0rzrzzzzzzzz and is 100x bettear rthan anytihng esse out nwo!
Ditto! And also I voted completely 3d but I guess I really don't care, since the game plays the same, moving camera or not. Just that I got used to 3d.

Shadow Fox
01-24-2002, 10:52 PM
Voted prerendered...that way the characters are more detailed. Plus, if it was in 3D, it may as well be Dino Crisis...:unsure:

DeathsHand
01-24-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Plus, if it was in 3D, it may as well be Dino Crisis...:unsure:

Or resident evil: Code Veronica... ;)

DeathsHand
01-25-2002, 07:15 PM
c'mon peoples, nobody wants to talk about RE? Gekko? Anybody? :(

What about the second question... only person who's answered that so far is Gameking... my topics never get replies :mad:

The_Dunadan
01-26-2002, 08:55 PM
3d.

i thought i heard they were going to be fully 3d anyway, right?

Blix
01-27-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by The_Dunadan
3d.

i thought i heard they were going to be fully 3d anyway, right?
If you mean RE1, then no. RE0 is going to be fully 3d. And about the second question, I would like the game to have new characters. There's actually no character which I would like to know more about right now. So new characters would be cool.

Ginkasa
01-27-2002, 03:56 PM
I don't really care which so I guess a mixture of the two.....

And I've never played any of the RE games so I don't know about the second question.........

drolldurham
01-27-2002, 10:39 PM
BARRY! Where's BARRY!

Yoda9864
01-27-2002, 10:52 PM
I would prefer full 3D if it didn't downgrade the graphics that much. If it looks a little worse, that's fine, but if it goes any lower, I'd go with hte pre-rendered.

I am interested to see how RE4 will look.

For a returning character, I would take Jill or Chris, I don't know why, but I'm just liked them.

DeathsHand
01-27-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Yoda9864
I would prefer full 3D if it didn't downgrade the graphics that much. If it looks a little worse, that's fine, but if it goes any lower, I'd go with hte pre-rendered.

well then looks like you'd go with pre-rendered, because I'm sure it would downgrade the graphics quite a bit...

aaanyways... I havn't mentioned what guys I'd like to see return...

A new cast would be nice... buuut if characters returned, I'd want it to be... well... Barry and Wesker... wouldn't it be neat to play as wesker? learn more about this new thingy he works for or whatever... or barry... see whuzzup with him... ooorrrrr both... see what they do to each other after that whole mansion dealy in RE1...

"BARRY! Where's BARRY!"

Well I'm sorry, but he's probably....