PDA

View Full Version : Trackballs or Mice?

GameMaster
01-24-2002, 08:04 PM
Wanna get myself a new thing. But don't know which to buy. What do you guys use? BTW, are those cordless ones good. Are they as quick now that they're..well...cordless:D Would you also recommend a laser one instead of the old mouseball? Don't forget to cast your vote btw. Thanks! :)

Neo
01-24-2002, 08:38 PM
Get an optical mouse. I've got a normal one and it doesn't always respond quickly over short distances.

Bond
01-24-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Neo
Get an optical mouse. I've got a normal one and it doesn't always respond quickly over short distances.
Yep, defiently go with a optical. I've had one for quite sometime now and it's been the best mouse I've ever owned.

Happydude
01-24-2002, 11:26 PM
i got an optical mouse:D

its amazing!!!!

all you have to do to keep it working is.....NOTHING!!!!!:D

and it has amazing sensitivity...it respons so smoothly to everyting!

GameKinG
01-25-2002, 12:38 AM
I got a trackball for christmas...not exactly what I wanted but...whatever...

Here it is:

http://www.logitech.com/lang/global/images/productov89.gif

Gamer
01-25-2002, 12:43 AM
I would defenitely go with the optical mouse, they are more precise and you dont have to clean the crap out of them.

GameMaster
01-25-2002, 02:11 AM
Now what about the wireless feature? How is it?

Gamer
01-25-2002, 12:29 PM
I've only used the wireless mouse and keyboard a couple times, at my friends house. His are wire less and optical(im not sure if they have wire less ball mouses.)

As far as i could tell they worked great, i didnt notice any problems with them while i was using them.

Revival
01-25-2002, 02:51 PM
Wireless mice are totally pointless.

First of all, when would you need to carry your mouse across the room to use the computer? I know that it's suppose to be one less cord, that's that just it - it's only 1 cord! Not like it's going to make a huge difference, lpus some of those wireless mice cost a bundle.

Now, wireless keyboards on the other hand might be something to think about (for some people). For instance, if you like to relax, put your feet up on the computer desk, and want to have the keyboard in your lap when you're sitting a bit further back than normal, then I can see a use for it.

I have a plain old normal mouse with a scroll wheel down the middle (I'm lost without the scroll wheel). No wireless-waste-of-my-money crap.

GameMaster
01-25-2002, 05:12 PM
Wireless keyboard...hmmm...I want it!

gekko
01-25-2002, 06:32 PM
Best use of a wireless keyboard I've seen was when my teacher did powerpoint presentations. Sat in the front of class and easily switched through the pages. Sure they make remotes, but who really owns one?

And yes, there are others. Called a track pad.

Heyyoudvd
01-26-2002, 12:37 AM
I have both a wireless mouse and a wireless keyboard. They're great.

Angrist
01-26-2002, 06:21 AM
Optical mouse. :roll:

Neo
01-27-2002, 12:08 AM
Well all this talk convinced me to go out and buy an optical mouse myself. It's sweet because it.... lights up and stuff. But the Logitech drivers suck. Browser windows would stutter when I tried to scroll them, no matter what configuration I tried. So now I'm using the old microsoft driver and it works great.

Drunk Hobbit
02-01-2002, 05:17 PM
have mouse...goes squeak...like cheese...

Cyrax9
02-04-2002, 10:19 AM
I prefer Optical Mice, I have one right now, and I'm enjoying it right now.