PDA

View Full Version : 2017

BlueFire
01-01-2017, 12:23 PM
GameTavern in 2017. Who would have guessed? lol

What are you hoping to accomplish in 2017? What are you looking forward to?

My main goal is taking a 2 week trip to Japan around October.

Canyarion
01-02-2017, 05:26 AM
Switch presentation within 11 days! We're finally going to hear about the launch games.

I'm also looking forward to further growing my Youtube channel. In 2 months, it has grown from 200 to 700 subscribers. Apparently my Breath of the Wild analyses are good. So I'm hoping to double the subscribers before the end of the month.
This video is doing pretty well atm, because I beat GameXplain by a week and I manage to point out much more than they did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiEGgjPWX6k

In 6 months, I should have paid off my whole student loan, so that's going to be nice. Still, my current job is uncertain, so it might balance itself out.

Angrist
01-02-2017, 05:29 AM
Oh, I was logged out and I forgot which account I was using. :) Canyarion = Angrist.

BreakABone
01-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Hmm well my main goal is to land a new job, my current one is going down the drain quickly... so if anyone is hiring! ;)

I'll also do more travel,last year I went to Texas for the first time and Ireland. Also did California and Boston, but been there before.

This year hitting up the Midwest (Michigan, Illinois, Missouri and Nebraska)

I also wanna get back into reading more.

And a year-long project for the site.

Vampyr
01-05-2017, 01:36 PM
My main goal in 2016 was to read more, which I accomplished by reading 20 books on the year. I've set a new goal of 30 books in 2017. I was a voracious reader in middle school/high school, and I've continued to read several books a year, but the volume had dropped off by a lot.

My major goal for this year though is to finish the novel I'm writing. Who knows if it will ever be published, but I would feel accomplished just getting it done.

Then I'll start writing a new book.

Jason1
01-05-2017, 08:14 PM
This year hitting up the Midwest (Michigan, Illinois, Missouri and Nebraska)

What you going to be doing in IL? Chicago?

BreakABone
01-06-2017, 09:04 AM
What you going to be doing in IL? Chicago?

Yup yup

BlueFire
01-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Oh, I was logged out and I forgot which account I was using. :) Canyarion = Angrist.

I remember, lol. Nice job with the YouTube channel. Keep at it.

BaB - nice job with the traveling. What's been your favorite vacation?

Vamp - what kind of novel are you writing? I've made it a mental goal of sorts to read more. I did OK last year. Read a lot of Murakami. Finished the year with As I Lay Dying. Now I'm starting with another Murakami book - Norwegian Wood.

Vampyr
01-13-2017, 11:22 AM
It's a young adult sci-fi novel. Couple of teenagers in high school go to outer space. The thing I think sets is apart slightly is that it has notes of comedy and Lovecraftian horror splashed throughout. I'm trying to not let the story take itself too seriously, but at the same time have these scary "oh crap" moments.

An inspiration has been the Discworld novels, but my book doesn't go nearly as far into the comedy or parody that Discworld does, just a few elements here and there.

I've never read any Murakami but I have one of his books on my to-read list. Kafka On the Shore, I believe it was called.

Lately I've been alternating between Discworld novels and the Chronicles of Amber series. Really love them both.

ulala06
04-04-2017, 11:07 AM
My goal is to post once a year on Gametavern. I will never update my profile.

Vampyr
04-05-2017, 12:35 PM
That signature is so 00's.