PDA

View Full Version : why

BlueFire
12-11-2016, 10:26 PM
why do you think we still check on this place even though it's essentially dead?

Seth
12-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Because this php bulletin board is a quiet sanctuary from all of the channeled, algorithm based social networks. This place has a nostalgia factor for me.

We have members from all over the world. It's like we're part of a 16-128bit private school internacional alumni.
I know I can come here and spray my geek all over the place. There's a tolerance of expression.
Despite the online username, this is anonymity in the Japanese flavour.

This is a Clean Well-Lighted Place
It is nada barely internet ether packets

I set my internet browser to open with several tabs. I like to set the tavern as one just so that I'm more likely to notice if someone posts. Like seriously, why lose this forum(shutdown or loss through non use) over diverting interests and no time.

I actually think there's a slight modification to the social interaction trends of the internet that can be humbly compared to the way neighbors don't talk and meet each other like they used to. There's a 'friends' and 'like' button abbreviation to the collective interactions that make honest communications "old fashioned"
That all sounds a bit like I'm grinching on social media, and I suppose I am but I think there's a magical realism aspect to the html scryptyverse of the old internet, even if it's a subjective attachment to that 90's style carryover that phpBB seems to retain for me.

I enjoy seeing old net identities and flash reminiscing AGB moments.
The other day Aspen and I tried to find spamcan.

BlueFire
12-12-2016, 02:29 PM
i like your post.

this place is a weird treasure trove of nostalgia. it's weird. does anyone know if vampyr plans to pull the plug sometime?

Ginkasa
12-14-2016, 07:22 PM
Hope not.

Zen
12-16-2016, 12:22 AM
The day this thing disappears part of me goes with it.

BreakABone
12-19-2016, 09:39 AM
Because Geo sent me a link to this thread...

I use to frequent more often, but then there would really be no posts of notes or anyone around so it just fell off my radar.

Vampyr
12-19-2016, 09:44 AM
i like your post.

this place is a weird treasure trove of nostalgia. it's weird. does anyone know if vampyr plans to pull the plug sometime?

Not as long as their is breath in my body.

BlueFire
12-20-2016, 02:41 PM
Not as long as their is breath in my body.

nice. keep this relic alive so i can time travel every now and then.

Jason1
12-21-2016, 10:02 PM
Gotta say im a little surprised its still here. I mean, it does cost $$$ right? Im glad its here though and does not appear to be going anywhere anytime soon.

BlueFire
12-22-2016, 09:46 AM
Shh, don't tell him.

Seth
12-24-2016, 10:25 PM
Vampyr is a trustfund baby
#madeuplies

MERRY CHRISTMAS comrades!!!
I've been snowboarding 9 times this season. I'm just getting my riding legs. Good nuff christmas present for me, no injuries and the best snow yet to come.

Almond egg nog ftw

I hope you all are in the moment with family and friends.

BF1 PC this is what I'm playing through the holidays... we have a dedicated TS3 server

Last chance to soak with the holiday music

BlueFire
12-25-2016, 11:12 PM
Happy Christmas, y'all