PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys post in other internet forums?

BlueFire
11-29-2016, 09:37 AM
?

Jason1
12-04-2016, 03:10 PM
No not really...

Zen
12-05-2016, 07:59 PM
What is... other internet forums?

Ginkasa
12-05-2016, 08:47 PM
I generally lurk around on Reddit and only post on occasion (with the occasional spree). There is also a forum that chronicles developments and such in my local metro area that I frequent as well as a smattering of this or that fan forum that I visit when something new has been released.

BlueFire
12-06-2016, 02:07 PM
i used to frequent reddit, but it got too annoying.. especially in the last couple of years. i've been lurking and posting on luelinks for some time now.

Seth
12-08-2016, 03:00 AM
I post on a few car forums, a local bmw forum with a lot of members.

I used to frequent eatpoo/apedog

Now I just teamspeak with my friends over BF4+1 simracing and get a constant stream of internet finds from them. They scour reddit for me.

BlueFire
12-08-2016, 11:24 PM
i'm digging your sig

Seth
12-09-2016, 05:25 PM
I'm a bebop fan
I'm digging your use of empty space

Happy birthday to Kirk Douglas!
100 years wow

*does a tribute dance with Pulp Fiction's Misirlou in the background

Ginkasa
12-14-2016, 07:24 PM
i used to frequent reddit, but it got too annoying.. especially in the last couple of years. i've been lurking and posting on luelinks for some time now.

I usually stay outside of most default subs. I'll occasionally swap over to /r/all if I want some mindless inanity for some reason, but that's about it. Most of my subs are regarding a specific topic and only a few are very large. This helps me avoid most of the drama that comes spewing out of the default subs, for the most part.

BlueFire
12-15-2016, 01:28 PM
what subreddits are you following?

Ginkasa
12-17-2016, 09:34 PM
Mainly sub dedicated to franchises I enjoy. Gaming and Movies are probably the largest two I follow. The rest are things like Star Wars, Zelda, Game of Thrones, etc.

Angrist
12-19-2016, 06:09 AM
It's mainly the Zelda Universe forums for me now.
http://zeldauniverse.net/forums/
I even bumped into Ginkasa there. :)

As for subreddits, /r/Zelda and /r/Breath_of_the_Wild. I have to admit that I started posting there to promote my BotW analysis videos.

BreakABone
12-19-2016, 09:38 AM
I forumed around for a while, but now mostly NeoGAF

Have Twitter for all my inane conversational needs.

BlueFire
12-25-2016, 11:11 PM
It's mainly the Zelda Universe forums for me now.
http://zeldauniverse.net/forums/
I even bumped into Ginkasa there. :)

As for subreddits, /r/Zelda and /r/Breath_of_the_Wild. I have to admit that I started posting there to promote my BotW analysis videos.

Link a video!

Angrist
01-02-2017, 05:29 AM
Link a video!Alright! Latest weekly analysis then!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8oKoQTNIAM

Vampyr
01-05-2017, 01:31 PM
I think Reddit killed the small community forum, sadly.

I do think there's a future for small community chat stuff, though. Most of that has ended up on slack or discord, but there may be room for sites that focus on that sort of community.

BlueFire
01-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Oddly enough, Luelinks is still around. I first found out about it back in 2008 when my friends got an account and I got to download literally anything I wanted. Then when Megaupload got owned in 2012, Luelinks slowly died. There's still an active community. I didn't even start posting until last year because some friends kept linking stuff from there.

Posting there only made me think about this place though. I'd check up on this time to time, but that website somehow reinvigorated my interest in online forums.

Reddit really turned into a steaming pile of shit in the last two years. I was never an active poster because I find most posts obnoxious (and those end up being the top voted posts, too). I'm also not a fan of all of the drama on that site. I mostly use it for content.

Vampyr
01-13-2017, 11:18 AM
I kind of hate reddit, honestly, but it's also the best source of information for a lot of topics.

I feel like 90% of the people on there are really stupid teenagers and the rest are really stupid adults. People are just so cynical, pessimistic, and hateful towards anything and everything, especially in the video game communities.

I sometimes wonder if the people on there even like games at all.

BreakABone
01-14-2017, 10:55 AM
I kind of hate reddit, honestly, but it's also the best source of information for a lot of topics.

I feel like 90% of the people on there are really stupid teenagers and the rest are really stupid adults. People are just so cynical, pessimistic, and hateful towards anything and everything, especially in the video game communities.

I sometimes wonder if the people on there even like games at all.

Sounds like GAF or Twitter... or honestly any online community. It's easier to rally people to hate.

BlueFire
01-14-2017, 12:45 PM
It didn't feel like this was the case in the early 2000s, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Ginkasa
01-20-2017, 03:04 PM
I think its a byproduct of having behemoth social media websites rather than smaller communities. Larger forums like IGN's back in the day had a similar tone to modern day reddit, IMO.