PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox locked up during Obi-Wan

Neo
01-24-2002, 04:32 PM
'tis true. "But how could an Xbox lock up" you ask? I know, it's shocking. But there I was in the swamp fighting off badies when the frame rate stuttered to a halt. And to think, I was just about to go apesh*t on Qui-Gon for repeatedly telling me that I was "endangering the mission." I'll show you who the real master is, bitch.

Though I guess I can't complain since Rogue Leader has locked up several times.

Dimava
01-25-2002, 03:55 PM
I have had the same problems once before, I guess Lucas Arts needs to learn how to make full use of the Hard Drive.

-Dimava

Neo
01-25-2002, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the board.

*gives Dimava 100 doubloons*

Shadow Fox
01-25-2002, 11:15 PM
Hell, one of the problems is that Obi-Wan sucks. Maybe your Xbox rejected it...:D

Well, I personally have not had that problem with this game. The sword-swinging, the camera, and the framerate was, though....:unsure:

Shadow_Link
01-26-2002, 06:31 AM
That is what you deserve for buying such a bad game! :D
Halo has locked up on me twice, but nothing too bad, Rogue Leader locked up on me once, because I kind of yanked the controller cord, causing the Gc to move violently, hehe. But all is okay, other than the lock up, and a few drops in frame rate here or there, RL's fine...

Angrist
01-26-2002, 06:33 AM
Hehe...

Maximama
01-29-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
Hehe...

I agree. Excellent post Angrist.

My Xbox has never locked up, and the only time the framerate has ever dropped was on halo playing co-op on the maw in legendary.

The reason my xbox never locks up is because I treat it right. I read to it every night before I go to bed, give it frequent rub downs, massage it, dust it, and everyonce in a while, tell it that its better than Gamecube, just to make it feel special.

The Sorcerer
01-29-2002, 06:54 PM
That sucks for it to lock up. Well good thing i don't have the game. Or I would be fruturated.

surfin4lifer
01-30-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Neo
'tis true. "But how could an Xbox lock up" you ask? I know, it's shocking. But there I was in the swamp fighting off badies when the frame rate stuttered to a halt. And to think, I was just about to go apesh*t on Qui-Gon for repeatedly telling me that I was "endangering the mission." I'll show you who the real master is, bitch.

Though I guess I can't complain since Rogue Leader has locked up several times.

yeah my friends rouge leader locked up on hoth. But he took it back...its just a bug in the cd though. Nothing to do with the game or the system. His FFX locked up also.

Just take the game back Neo.

Neo
02-01-2002, 03:41 PM
I don't know if I can still take it back. It's been a long time since I bought it and I doubt I could find the receipt easily. It doesn't lock up often enough to be a pain though.

Dimava
02-04-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Neo
I don't know if I can still take it back. It's been a long time since I bought it and I doubt I could find the receipt easily. It doesn't lock up often enough to be a pain though.

take it back to the store, say it crashes on the 11th level, and name the level, so they'll swap it for a new one, then take the new one to another store, and swap it for any other game ;)

Professor S
02-04-2002, 11:32 PM
EB is running a promotion right now that if you return 2 old games they'll give you a new one. Check it out.

Yoda9864
02-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Maximama
every night before I go to bed, give it frequent rub downs, massage it
That's jsut sick man :D

Bond
02-09-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Yoda9864

That's jsut sick man :D
It's not any sicker then what you do to your console Yoda. :boing: