PDA

View Full Version : Shooting

Acebot44
10-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Anyone here own a firearm? I have a lot more free time these days, so decided to pick up shooting as a hobby. Went to a gun show, did some research, and ended up ordering a CZ-USA 452 .22 Rifle (http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-452-special-military-training-rifle/). I chose a .22 bolt-action because I'm trying to learn the right way, by going slow and taking lots of shots. The bolt-action aspect will slow me down, and the .22 will ensure that my shoulder doesn't get beat after long days at the range, and that I can purchase the most plentiful and lowest cost ammo.

So, does anyone have any advice on target, ammo, best practices, anything at all? Also, if you own a firearm, please post it!

Vampyr
10-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Cool gun. :)

I do not own one unfortunately, but I am interested in getting into target shooting one day. I had a small .22 rifle back home that I used for target practice. I didn't really have any professional training though, just look down the sights and hold it steady. Aim small miss small. ;)

I have pretty good genes when it comes to marksmanship though - my mom and both of her parents were excellent shots. Makes me wonder how good I could be.

Fox 6
10-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Living in Canada it's a bit more difficult to own a firearm. That being said, there is a shooting a local shooting range where you can shoot weapons.

I have shot 9mm, .45 acp, .38 special from a variety of weapons, including a shooting .45's from a Tommy Gun! also a 12 gauge shot gun.

If you are going more into firearms, and if you haven't already, a class could be the best option. Especially for handguns you plan on using for home defense. They can get complicated.