Bond
09-25-2012, 12:02 AM
FML.

gekko
09-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Packers deserve that.

Professor S
09-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Hey, you could be like the Eagles and have the world's most athletic and talented blind quarterback.

The Germanator
09-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Yeah, it's been a weird season for the Eagles and kind of the NFL in general so far with the replacement refs and all. I'm not really sure who the really "good" teams are, maybe with the exception of the Texans. Lots of parity.

Eagles/Giants should be a good game to see where the NFC East is..

Professor S
09-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Eagles/Giants should be a good game to see where the NFC East is..

This is not a good match-up for the Birds. You have arguably the best pass rush in the league against a depleted Eagle's o-line and a QB who can't get rid of the ball. My prediction? Pierre-Paul knocks Vick out of the game.

ZebraRampage
09-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Pierre-Paul knocks Vick out of the game.

And the Eagles could have had him when he was in the draft...IDIOTS! Hopefully he does knock Vick out so we can start training a new QB who actually plays the position correctly. I can't wait for Reid to finally be gone.

Also, my condolences Bond.

The Germanator
09-29-2012, 01:07 PM
And the Eagles could have had him when he was in the draft...IDIOTS! Hopefully he does knock Vick out so we can start training a new QB who actually plays the position correctly. I can't wait for Reid to finally be gone.

Also, my condolences Bond.

One of my big fears is that Vick gets benched/hurt and Andy Reid convinces Jeff Lurie that he's the man to groom Nick Foles to be the starter and he sticks around for three years. I don't think that will happen, but it's kind of a nightmare scenario.

KillerGremlin
11-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Packers scare me. Radjaah! You bastard.

This guy, tho, MVP:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9f/Charles_Tillman.jpg/225px-Charles_Tillman.jpg

The Germanator
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Eagles...Ugh.

FIRE ANDY!!!!! FIRE ANDY!!!

And we got to see Foles and the results were...kind of the same. O-line is injured and horrible. Another wasted season. We'll see what happens, I don't know if another coach can help the personnel that's here. Oh well, a good year to go to Europe for a few weeks during football season.

Professor S
11-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Eagles...Ugh.

FIRE ANDY!!!!! FIRE ANDY!!!

And we got to see Foles and the results were...kind of the same. O-line is injured and horrible. Another wasted season. We'll see what happens, I don't know if another coach can help the personnel that's here. Oh well, a good year to go to Europe for a few weeks during football season.

Yeah, the play calling is insane. They run a balanced offense UNTIL Vick is hurt. Then they send in the rookie QB with ZERO experience and run 14 of 17 pass plays... This level of obliviousness needs to go, but even if they fire Andy his replacement will be Marty and he calls the stupid plays now.

The Germanator
11-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah. I don't really think they'll fire him in season, or really even see how that would benefit anything at this point. I agree that they'd replace him with Marty, and you're right, he's just Andy's right hand man anyway, so that wouldn't help. I just think if it wasn't official that he was going to be fired before, it should be now...UNLESS they rip off 7 straight. Haha.

An interesting note from Yahoo Sports today say that Vick will sit out the rest of the year because of the concussion and Foles will start. The sources say it's because Reid will try to convince Laurie to keep his job if he does a good job with Foles. I'm not sure anything will save Reid's job at this point, but it's the exact nightmare scenario I talked about earlier in this thread...I doubt Laurie buys it.

I do see Reid as the coach of the San Diego Chargers next year though. The Eagles? Who knows...Chip Kelley of Oregon keeps being thrown around.

Bond
11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Sorry to hear about Vick and Cutler. Very unfortunate for both.

KillerGremlin
11-20-2012, 12:40 AM
And Alex Smith.

Oh wait.

Man, I'm crying, and drinking, and crying. Good thing I have shit to do other than mope about how awful the Bears played on the national stage tonight.

On the bright side, the NFC North is suddenly very competitive, with the injured Packers, the surprising Vikings, and the always explosive Lions. I don't think the Bears have shit the bed yet...but they need to reevaluate their coaching and game plan.

The Germanator
12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Andy Reid has either already been fired or it's happening tomorrow! He had a good run, but it's time...42-7 to end the year...just too much.

Bond
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Pretty amazing he was there for fourteen years (that has to be a modern record?).

The Germanator
12-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Jeff Fisher was actually with Tennessee for 16 years, but 14 is very long these days in professional sports. It's funny, I feel like I've been an Eagles fan for a long time, but the only other coach I really remember is Ray Rhodes. I barely remember Kotite...It's just wild that one man has been there for most of my fandom and for most of it with one QB...

If he had only gotten ONE Super Bowl...He'd be a legend and never fired. That's how it goes.

*Tough game for the Packers, by the way...I have to to defer to being a Packers fan for the playoffs now that the Eagles season is officially killed (even if that happened 9 weeks ago)

Bond
12-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah, that was intense to watch. I think we'll be okay with Woodson and Cobb returning next week.

The Germanator
12-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Black Monday in full effect!

Crennel out in KC
Tannenbaum out for the Jets
Shurmur and Heckert out for the Browns
Turner and Smith out for the Chargers
Smith out for the Jaguars

And...I'm hearing rumblings that Lovie Smith is fired by the Bears...That one is a surprise.

Andy Reid to the Bears?? Might just make sense.

EDIT: Gailey is fired from the Bills as well.

Bond
12-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Looks like Lovie Smith is officially out: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119943/article/lovie-smith-fired-by-chicago-bears

Professor S
12-31-2012, 01:59 PM
I'd love to have Lovie as the Eagles' DefCo. They man creates turnovers wherever he goes.

The Germanator
12-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Whisenhunt and Cardinals GM out as well....Maybe Andy Reid ends up out there too...

EDIT: Yep, looks like Andy Reid to the Cardinals is pretty much a done deal...Eagles and Cardinals play each other next year I think. Should be interesting.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8800439/andy-reid-favorite-become-arizona-cardinals-coach-sources

KillerGremlin
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM
I think a lot of people are confused about Lovie's departure...but the stats don't lie. We've missed the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years. Our Super Bowl team was the HIGHEST our offense was ranked in the Lovie era....15th in the league. Since then, we've been shoveling shit on offense with the bottom of the league, which is unacceptable.

We don't beat winning teams. Lovie's record against crappy teams is pretty good! But there is a reason the Bears are nicknamed "bum slayers."

Our offense can't keep up with good teams, and when we play good teams that don't make mistakes and don't turn the ball over...we lose. Our 10-6 record this season is the biggest scam ever. It's a SOFT 10-6. Look at the humiliating losses we have against the 49ers, or the Packers in week 2.

I enjoyed Lovie's tenure in Chicago, but the guy had 9 years to get some consistency on the offensive side of the ball. It was always something. The quarterback...the coordinator...the line...the lack of receivers...injuries...

Guess what, every team in the NFL deals with the above shit. At some point in those 9 years, you are expected to figure something out.

Having said that...I wish Lovie well, and I'm sure he will do good things wherever he goes. The Bears decision to let Lovie go was more circumstantial than anything, I think. Our defense is ending an era. Briggs, Urlacher, Tillman, and Peppers are all on their way out. So with a declining defense, it's the perfect time for a paradigm shift.

I have no hard feelings about Lovie, and I look forward to see what he does on another team.

Also...Andy Reid to the Cardinals?

The Germanator
01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
New reports are Andy Reid to the CHIEFS is more likely to happen, and potentially very soon. They do have the #1 pick, so maybe that's a more attractive rebuilding job for him...

I think KC also comes to Philly this year...again, should be fun!

Bond
01-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I think a lot of people are confused about Lovie's departure...but the stats don't lie. We've missed the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years. Our Super Bowl team was the HIGHEST our offense was ranked in the Lovie era....15th in the league. Since then, we've been shoveling shit on offense with the bottom of the league, which is unacceptable.

We don't beat winning teams. Lovie's record against crappy teams is pretty good! But there is a reason the Bears are nicknamed "bum slayers."

Our offense can't keep up with good teams, and when we play good teams that don't make mistakes and don't turn the ball over...we lose. Our 10-6 record this season is the biggest scam ever. It's a SOFT 10-6. Look at the humiliating losses we have against the 49ers, or the Packers in week 2.

I enjoyed Lovie's tenure in Chicago, but the guy had 9 years to get some consistency on the offensive side of the ball. It was always something. The quarterback...the coordinator...the line...the lack of receivers...injuries...

Guess what, every team in the NFL deals with the above shit. At some point in those 9 years, you are expected to figure something out.

Having said that...I wish Lovie well, and I'm sure he will do good things wherever he goes. The Bears decision to let Lovie go was more circumstantial than anything, I think. Our defense is ending an era. Briggs, Urlacher, Tillman, and Peppers are all on their way out. So with a declining defense, it's the perfect time for a paradigm shift.

I have no hard feelings about Lovie, and I look forward to see what he does on another team.

Also...Andy Reid to the Cardinals?
I completely agree. Lovie Smith will make a great defensive coordinator somewhere, but he could never fix the offense.

Sounds like Reid to Chiefs might become official tomorrow. I think a few teams are set to interview Kelly from Oregon after the bowl game tonight. It's always interesting to watch coaches move from college to the pros.

Professor S
01-03-2013, 05:34 PM
What upsets me most about otherwise talented coaches are the blatant managerial errors they make along the way.

Example: Andy Reid. The man knows nothing about defense, but yet he hired a D-Line coach with a built-in system before hiring a Coordinator. How is a coordinator supposed to operate when he only has control over 2/3 of his scheme????? A good coach would empower his coordinator to choose the supporting staff he felt best fit his scheme, especially when you're a head coach with ZERO defense experience. That one incredibly STUPID mistake caused chaos and eventually brought Reid down.

Bond
01-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Chip Kelly to the Browns appears to be almost official. That will be interesting.