PDA

View Full Version : What deoderant do you wear?

KillerGremlin
02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I feel like this is perhaps the most important topic ever! And we haven't discussed it! I love the Old Spice commercials:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PvYP_d2S1Pg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love them even more because I have been a devout Old Spice user for the past....I dunno, 10 years? I perspire a lot...I know, gross. So back in the day I did the ring around with every deodorant, looking for one that turned my sweat into the sweet smell of awesome. And then I found Old Spice, and my life changed forever. I was done with Adidas or Gillette. I now rely on Old Spice Arctic Force to make me smell like awesome.

I also find that Axe is great to cover the smell of marijuana and farts, or to use against your enemies to make them smell like cheap Jersey Shore hooker.

So what deodorant do you all use!?

Combine 017
02-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Ive been trying out a few different ones, using Axe right now and it works just fine. Im not very sweaty so really anything will do, but I hate gel sticks, they just make everything wet and sticky.

Teuthida
02-09-2012, 05:20 PM
How long do they usually last for you guys? I've been using the same Speed Stick for about five years now.

Angrist
02-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm probably using brands that you've never heard of. I also buy discounted products, as long as they smell nice and aren't bad quality.

The Germanator
02-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Generally Old Spice, though also whatever happens to be on sale when I need some.

I'd say a stick of deodorant lasts me maybe 4-5 months I think? You've definitely drawn yours out for a while, Teuth

KillerGremlin
02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
I probably get 3-5 months with my non-gym stick? I reapply before I work out, and after I shower. When you run 3 miles and lift weights for 2 hours, you are soaked in sweat and can work up a nice funk. So I have a dedicated gym deodorant in my gym bag.

Professor S
02-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Old Spice deodorant (not anti-antiperspirant)

ZebraRampage
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Generally Old Spice, though also whatever happens to be on sale when I need some.

I'd say a stick of deodorant lasts me maybe 4-5 months I think? You've definitely drawn yours out for a while, Teuth

4 to 5 months, really? Mine don't last quite that long...I must sweat a lot. I used Speed Stick until the beginning of college, but I switched to Right Guard when speed stick stopped agreeing with my skin. I also use antiperspirant, so it's all white and not sticky. I hate the gels just like combine.

Vampyr
02-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I hate gels. I hate deodorants without anti-perspirant.

I don't get that much life out of mine. Around 2 months maybe?

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/128668/old_spice_matterhorn.jpg

Jason1
02-09-2012, 10:28 PM
I actually use old spice Gel. Most people I talk to hate the Gels. I like em!

Oh, and you GOTTA have the anti persperiant. Its a must for me.

Professor S
02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Antiperspirants make my pits hurt. I actually developed lumps over time. Keep in mind, an antiperspirant works by literally blocking your sweat glands. That can't be good for you.

Vampyr
02-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Antiperspirants make my pits hurt. I actually developed lumps over time. Keep in mind, an antiperspirant works by literally blocking your sweat glands. That can't be good for you.

I've thought about this, and it definitely doesn't sound good, but I've decided that in this case I'll sacrifice my health to not be uncomfortable and stink.

As for the gels, they just make my underarm feel sticky and wet...like I'm sweating, which completely defeats the purpose. Plus they kind of cause a burning sensation, not sure what's up with that.

Typhoid
02-10-2012, 04:50 PM
To me it doesn't matter all that much what I use. As long as it doesn't smell like monkey taint, I'll use it.

Right now I'm using Speed Stick antiperspirant. I usually switch up between that or Old Spice. I say it doesn't matter what I use, but I usually wind up getting one of those two brands. I've used axe before, but I didn't feel like it made me smell as much of a man as I'd like to. I feel like I'm too old to smell like an axe product now.

My antiperspirant lasts around 3 to 4 months I think. I don't really use it every day anymore because I can't really go anywhere, so I don't give two shits how my arms smell - but when I'm being active and playing sports/being outside I'll just put some on every day when I wake up or before I go out.

I enjoy having the breeding-worthy females telli me I smell good. That is not something I am willing to give up. :lolz:

Edit: And yeah, that gel stuff is gross as shit. But I guess if you're allergic to the white stuff, it's really your only other choice. It just feels gross and greasy though. Like you just finished smuggling two toads under your arms.

Seth
02-10-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't use generics. Natural crystal deodorant, the kind that you wet and then rub on. It's like a hard crystal stick. I don't eat shit food so I don't have bad body odor. I find that if I apply it right after showering, it works perfect for at least a full day. Simple really.
also, as Ryan Reynolds once said, that shit delivers aluminum into your bloodstream.

I recommend at least trying the crystal option. It's cheap.

Typhoid
02-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Ryan Reynolds once said, that shit delivers aluminum into your bloodstream.

Voice of God, that Ryan Reynolds is.

TheSlyMoogle
02-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Phoenix Axe with anti-perspirant.

A stick probably lasts me about 6 months. I only use it once every 3-4 showers. So about twice a week. I don't really need it that often. Even after workouts as long as I shower I generally have no odor.

Neo
02-13-2012, 03:23 PM
This is one thread that needs a pit maneuver.