PDA

View Full Version : Rats!

Neo
01-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Last night I went into the garage to get a package of delicious nutty bars out of the fridge, and heard rustling sounds on all sides of me. I saw two rat-like creatures, one brown and one grey, rush past me. At least I think they were rats; maybe they're just really big mice? One of my roommates thinks they are baby opossums. Whatever they are, they're about to meet a gruesome end. I bought traps at the Home Depot which I plan to deploy after work. Wish me luck.

Teuthida
01-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Surely you can afford to buy yourself some chicken or tuna fish? Those things are probably dirty.

Neo
01-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Surely you can afford to buy yourself some chicken or tuna fish? Those things are probably dirty.

It's a rough economy, Teuthida.

Teuthida
01-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Be sure to share your recipe.

I've been hearing gnawing sounds between 1-4am in one of my cabinets in the kitchen. Emptied it out twice and found nothing. Sounds stop when I do this. Think it/they might be in the walls. Yet to see any scurrying.

Angrist
01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
I once had mice walk in the roof above me. It creeped me out because I was a teenagers and I didn't know they could walk there.

BreakABone
01-18-2012, 05:46 PM
I once had mice walk in the roof above me. It creeped me out because I was a teenagers and I didn't know they could walk there.

Spider-Rat
Spider-Rat

Does whatever a Spider-rat can!

Neo
01-18-2012, 09:00 PM
I keep trying to "like" ya'lls posts but of course it don't work.

We have five traps set with a variety of baits. :)

BreakABone
01-19-2012, 12:05 AM
I keep trying to "like" ya'lls posts but of course it don't work.

We have five traps set with a variety of baits. :)

Someone is too addicted to Facebook it seems.

Better than the creepy "Smile" for FormSpring.

Neo
01-19-2012, 04:14 PM
My roommate called and said one of our 8 traps got a rat! She's too scared to get close enough to send me a pic, though, so I have to wait until I get home. When I checked this morning, that particular trap had the bait missing so I guess one of them must have come back and accidentally ran over the trigger plate and BAM!

Typhoid
01-19-2012, 04:22 PM
I've only ever seen 3 wild rats around here. :ohreilly:

But those bastards are evil. At least mice are inquisitive and can be adorable. Rats are just garbage-eating-squirrels with a worm for a tail.

Combine 017
01-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Was it a normal trap that breaks the neck or the kind thats like a club and cracks the head? Or maybe one that has a pressure plate that, when stepped on, sends a spike trap swinging out.

Neo
01-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Was it a normal trap that breaks the neck or the kind thats like a club and cracks the head? Or maybe one that has a pressure plate that, when stepped on, sends a spike trap swinging out.

There's a blade that shoots out of the wall and slices its head off unless it bows down before me.

Swan
01-19-2012, 09:47 PM
I remember I used to have squirrels in my roof and that may have been what made me hate animals. They would chew through my ceiling while I was sleeping or in another room. One of the most annoying things ever.

Angrist
01-20-2012, 05:14 AM
There's a blade that shoots out of the wall and slices its head off unless it bows down before me.Ah, the Indiana Jonesİ Special Edition Mouse Trap. Great taste.