PDA

View Full Version : WWF Raw vs WWF WrestleMania X-8

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 11:07 AM
Well finally some dam information on the WWF game for GameCube.. Really can't do much since it's insider info but I will compare a pic of the two..at 50% since it would be pretty unfair to compare a pic of a near unfinished WrestleMania and a finished Raw

http://www.xbox.com/cms/images/games/wwfraw/sim-wwfraw-0002.jpg

And since I can't link to the URL for the pic.. it's attached...

Don't care for the Rock much..But good thing he is popular..was easy to find two coparable pics

BigJustinW
01-24-2002, 11:15 AM
Raw looks Better IMO... for 2 reasons:

1) the animation of the rock bottom is ugly on the cube version

2) the Raw pic is more zoomed in

When is WWF Wrestlemainia going to be released for Gamecube?

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
Raw looks Better IMO... for 2 reasons:

1) the animation of the rock bottom is ugly on the cube version

2) the Raw pic is more zoomed in

When is WWF Wrestlemainia going to be released for Gamecube?

IMO both Rock Botoms need work....
The one for X-Box is a little too neat for the Rock
The one for GC is a little too sloppy for the Rock

The GameCube ones better in my opinion...
1)A referee...
2)The crowd looks better....

The X-box version looks better....
1)Better character models
2)Much closer..or zoomed in

And like I said before the GC game is due out in the summer

BigJustinW
01-24-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by BreakABone

The GameCube ones better in my opinion...
1)A referee...
2)The crowd looks better....

1) Just because there is a Ref in the GCN shot doesn't mean there isn't one hidden in the X-Box shot

2) We can't even see the crowd in the Gamecube shot because of all the fog...

I will get a nice low res pic of Raw:

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/wwfrawiswar/rawest6.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/wwfrawiswar/rawest5.jpg

does the crowd look better in these pics just because they are foggy???

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 11:39 AM
Hmm as far as I know Raw has no ref in it.....

Well the crowd looks better in WrestleMania..fog or no fog.. I mean I could careless about the crowd but eh....

And please tell me those pics are old..because that little bar at the bottom might get annoying...

BigJustinW
01-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BreakABone
And please tell me those pics are old..because that little bar at the bottom might get annoying...

http://n64media.ign.com/media/previews/newimages/nomercy/mercyno31.jpg

Attitude (spirit) Meters take up the same amount (or More) of space... it's all a matter of getting used to it.

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 11:57 AM

http://n64media.ign.com/media/previews/newimages/nomercy/mercyno31.jpg

Attitude (spirit) Meters take up the same amount (or More) of space... it's all a matter of getting used to it.

Attidue meter was divided... Attitude meter took up more room depending on the amount of people on screen.. for Raw it looks like it takes up the same amount for all of the game.. and I'm not nit-picking.. the game looks good and proabbly would be the only reason I pick up an X-Box....

Joeiss
01-24-2002, 02:13 PM
I think that the Rock Bottom for WrestleMania X-8 looks alot better. It looks better becuase it is a bit loose, so-to-speak. I think that it adds for realism because not all moves are perfect.

As for the power meter's are concerned, I do not mind the meter's on XBox's Raw... It just needs a little getting used to. Same with the WCW vs. nWo games.

And to make a final judgement on the graphics at this half-way point in development, I would have to say that the GCN WWF looks better, but not by far. I like how the crowd looks, and the whole atmosphere. Plus, I hate the XBox logo in the rafters. *shudders*

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 02:27 PM
Well the GC version has it beat in features so far... I mean ECW/WCW wrestlers plus Hell in a Cell.. sweet heavens

Well another comparison pic of the 2002 Royal Rumble winner HHH..The Game

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/xbox/rawiswar/rawiswar_screen001.jpg

Joeiss
01-24-2002, 02:31 PM
The shot of HHH for RAW looks alot better than the shot of him on Wrestlemania. But I think that is because it is a close up. Also, are all of these in game shots? Because some of the views are pretty aukward (sp?)

gekko
01-24-2002, 04:00 PM
Do you really want the best graphics? I mean, do you really want an acurate bulge?

And GC's dev kit takes ****ty shots. You should all know that by now.

BlueFire
01-24-2002, 04:34 PM
I thought this would be the generation when the crowd actually looks like a crowd and not cardboard. :p

Bond
01-24-2002, 04:43 PM
Both images look alright, but both of them need a lot of work also. In my own opinion WWF WrestleMania looks a tad better. But I think at 50% completion of both games it is just pure opinion.

gekko
01-24-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by BLueFire
I thought this would be the generation when the crowd actually looks like a crowd and not cardboard. :p

Only in Hitz.

Null
01-24-2002, 07:14 PM
i havta say wrestlemania looks better. But not more realistic maybe.

See, xbox looks TOO realistic. the Character models look stiff. So far the Models in WM look more flexable. which is what the THQ games for N64 were always like.... Flexable.

makes for a faster paced more fun game.

have to wait and see if they actually end up being like that tho

nWoCHRISnWo
01-24-2002, 09:42 PM
I agree with Null.

And no matter which looks better, WM looks great. I can't really tell from the Rock Bottom pics because they're not at the exact same position. If they were both of the ending of the bottom or beginning it'd be easier, but in air there's about twenty different positions the Rock and his opponents are in.

BreakABone
01-24-2002, 09:57 PM
Well if anyone can find a good pic of the arenas in Raw to compare to this one

GameKinG
01-24-2002, 10:28 PM
1) Wrestlemania is zoomed out, and I doubt it stays like that the whole time, you can probably choose to zoom in.

2) Wrestlemania has a lot of time to have its graphics tweaked (and most likely will). Remember star wars, it looksed way better in a few months.

3) Wrestlmania is a better game. (period)

Null
01-24-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by GameKinG
3) Wrestlmania is a better game. (period)

Ah, so you've played them both? thats cool.

Its nice to hear an opinion from someone who's actually played both games to see which is better and not just saying one cuz he likes GC better.

:rolleyes:

dumbass...

Heyyoudvd
01-24-2002, 11:39 PM
As far as graphics go, why has no one mentioned the textures? (especially the skin textures).

IMO the garphics in Wrestlemania kill the graphics in Raw mainly because of the skin textures. The wrestler's skins in Raw look absolutely terrible compared to Wrestlemania's charcter's skins, whcih makes the entire game (Wrestlemania) look a lot more natural and realistic.

I obviously haven't played either, so I can't judge which is a better game, but judging by these pictures alone, Wrestlemania looks better.

GameKinG
01-25-2002, 12:26 AM
From past games and demos I know! *sees the poor examples he has*.

Ummm...What I meant to say is THQ is a great developer of Wrestling games and Im sure the next one will be hard to beat...yes...that sould do it.

BigJustinW
01-25-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by GameKinG
From past games and demos I know! *sees the poor examples he has*.

Ummm...What I meant to say is THQ is a great developer of Wrestling games and Im sure the next one will be hard to beat...yes...that sould do it. Funny... THQ is making both Raw and WM

Yukes is the real developer behind WM... they made Smackdown for Psx

and um... that developer that makes UFC is developing Raw for X-Box

sooo... you can make ANY type of gamelay judjement yet. Aki made the N64 versions, and they aren't working on the cube version.

Joeiss
01-25-2002, 11:15 AM
Funny... THQ is making both Raw and WM

Yukes is the real developer behind WM... they made Smackdown for Psx

and um... that developer that makes UFC is developing Raw for X-Box

sooo... you can make ANY type of gamelay judjement yet. Aki made the N64 versions, and they aren't working on the cube version.

Ouch... You just made GameKing's hole deeper to get out of! Lol.

nWoCHRISnWo
01-25-2002, 03:10 PM
I stopped reading replies after GameKinG's post... Umm... You DO know that THQ only PUBLISHES the games, right? And you DO know THQ is publishing both of those wrestling games, right? The Smackdown series on PSX and PS2 is published by THQ too, so I don't know how you're comparing these things...

BreakABone
01-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by nWoCHRISnWo
I stopped reading replies after GameKinG's post... Umm... You DO know that THQ only PUBLISHES the games, right? And you DO know THQ is publishing both of those wrestling games, right? The Smackdown series on PSX and PS2 is published by THQ too, so I don't know how you're comparing these things...

haha I don't think THQ has ever touched a wrestling game.. They just ship out the license to different companies

Let's see..There was...
Inland Productions
AKI/Asmik ACE
Anchor
Yukes

Yeah that is about it

Null
01-25-2002, 05:11 PM
yes, AKI makes the ones we all love. for N64.

i believe Yukes ? makes the ones for PSX and PS2, and is making this GC one.

so far all of thier sucks.

It remains to be seen weather the people making this one for Xbox can do a good job. i think thier characters look a bit stiff. but ya never know how thigns can turn out.

My only relief for the one on GC is that they said the fighting style is VERY similar to the control style from N64 games.

meaning grapple first. and the differnt buttons from there do the differnt moves. They said its much like the N64 ones in the IGN artical...... Soooooo so far the GC game has got my interest most. that and also the caracters look more flexable as i've already said.

Hopfully they can do a good job.

GameKinG
01-25-2002, 06:43 PM
Aki not doin cube WM? Thats a lot different...

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Null
yes, AKI makes the ones we all love. for N64.

i believe Yukes ? makes the ones for PSX and PS2, and is making this GC one.

so far all of thier sucks.

It remains to be seen weather the people making this one for Xbox can do a good job. i think thier characters look a bit stiff. but ya never know how thigns can turn out.

My only relief for the one on GC is that they said the fighting style is VERY similar to the control style from N64 games.

meaning grapple first. and the differnt buttons from there do the differnt moves. They said its much like the N64 ones in the IGN artical...... Soooooo so far the GC game has got my interest most. that and also the caracters look more flexable as i've already said.

Hopfully they can do a good job.
*Ignores spelling mistakes*

Well got some good news and then some good news for you.
Well apparently THQ didn't see fit to give Nintendo Yuke's B-team as they have created a custom team to work on WrestleMania X-8.

the good news is this team happens to be composed of some of the key developers of AKI/Asmik and worked on the Nintendo 64. But like someone pointed out to me before just because they worked on a previous game that was great doesn't mean a split off will make a game as good.

The other piece of good news comes from IGN's Hands on Impressions of the game. According to their stint with the game it plays very similar to the n64 classics. They said they were able to start playing in no time. And they even made the game faster. Anyone who played No Mercy will tell you it's a great game but.. well it's a great game.

fingersman
01-26-2002, 04:39 PM
Well I hope they get the one thing that the rest of wrestling games lacked....the atmosphere.....the atmosphere for the game and the T.V show is completly different ...why are they different?? Well I think it's the crowd that adds the atmosphere to wrestling...how they react to what's going on in the ring. :D I mean if the crowd was silent through out the whole show....I'm sure you would think that wrestling was bit dull and strange. :D
So I don't care about the look of the people....I have faith in the gameplay...but what I really want is the atmosphere. :D If they can achieve that...then they got my money. :D

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by fingersman
Well I hope they get the one thing that the rest of wrestling games lacked....the atmosphere.....the atmosphere for the game and the T.V show is completly different ...why are they different?? Well I think it's the crowd that adds the atmosphere to wrestling...how they react to what's going on in the ring. :D I mean if the crowd was silent through out the whole show....I'm sure you would think that wrestling was bit dull and strange. :D
So I don't care about the look of the people....I have faith in the gameplay...but what I really want is the atmosphere. :D If they can achieve that...then they got my money. :D

If there was one thing I had to give Attitude credit for it was this..I mean they had cheers and jeers and all type of non sense.. only grip I had with it was all that crap for created wrestlers... "Player 1"..Player 1"

Well if THQ delivers on there promise (Read the other thread in GC forum for that) they are looking to recreate the atmoshpere with cheers,jeers and all that other good stuff

Neo
01-26-2002, 05:47 PM
Do any of these wrestling games have a royal rumble feature?

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Neo
Do any of these wrestling games have a royal rumble feature?

Well you can get all the announced modes in the GC thread.....

But to give my 2 cents on this issue....

Well one of the first arenas shown in WrestleMania X-8 was the Royal Rumble arena... I mean it may not be much....

but they have only 6 arenas in the game... one being for WrestleMania x-8(it is the namesake), one for Raw and SmackDown (I guess for Championship mode since you son't usually start off fighting PPV), SummerSlam (as many believe it is the 2nd biggest ppv on the WWF schedule), and Survivor Series.

The 6th choice is the Rumble.. They could have went with King of the Ring since that is about when the game is being released but I think they wanted to put the arena in since they hope to include the mode in Champisonship mode... and since the game is capable of 7 people on screen.. (4 wrestlers, 2 announcers and a ref).. I don't see why they couldn't drop 2 anouncer and make it 6 pplz in the ring at a time....

Anyhow that is just my 2 cents on the issue

Neo
01-27-2002, 12:05 AM
I haven't been following the wrestling threads. Actually I haven't been following wrestling at all. Not for several years anyway. But I was bored one night and a friend of mine convinced me to order the Royal Rumble, which was my favorite way back in the day. So yeah,

BreakABone
01-27-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Neo
I haven't been following the wrestling threads. Actually I haven't been following wrestling at all. Not for several years anyway. But I was bored one night and a friend of mine convinced me to order the Royal Rumble, which was my favorite way back in the day. So yeah,

Hmm Royal Rumble is by far one of my favorite matches but personally I'm a sucker for Iron Man Match.. I don't care what anyone thinks of wrestling.. the fact is they are out there for over an hour... Giving it their all..whatever that is in wrestling

Come to think of it Iron Man Match will probably be in this game.. even though no game has ever done the iron man justice....

BTW...Neo reply to my PMz already...:(