PDA

View Full Version : BS=Bullshit

Combine 017
11-27-2011, 07:15 AM
So, I went out tonight, had a fair amount of booze, still had some booze on me and was on the way back home. We were running late so I ran a bit ahead. And when I got to the bus station I saw our bus sitting at its stop. I ran towards the bus hoping to stall it for at least a minute more so we all could board it. As I ran towards it, some cops (probably transit cops) decided to stop me and question my drunkenness. They saw I had some bottles in my hands and took my whiskey and pepsi from me and one of them threatened to write me a $250 ticket if I argued against it. I was not all in for getting a $250 ticket for trying to get to my bus, so I let them take my booze and chase. They continued to ask where I was and what I had been doing, and I told them the truth (been at a friends place playing games and drinking) but they really didnt seem to care. When all was said and done, I started heading towards our bus just as it started driving off. Needless to say, we missed our bus and had to get home by other means.

Yes I was intoxicated, yes I was mad that they took my booze and made me miss the bus home. But were they right in doing so? I think not. All I had done was try to catch a bus.

I was mad that they took my booze, but not as much as when they threatened and stalled me from getting to the bus with a $250 fine. Quite honestly, I think thats bullshit, and if I had the opportunity to get away with it, without any repercussions, I would murder both of those fucking douchebags in a heartbeat.

as most of you do at the end of these things.

/rant

right?

TheSlyMoogle
11-27-2011, 07:53 AM
That is some fucking bullshit. Fucking Pigs.

Bond
11-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Do you have an open container law?

Fox 6
11-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Get a backpack next time

Combine 017
11-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Do you have an open container law?

I think there is a law about open liquor in public. I didnt know you could be fined so highly for it though, and it definitely does not justify the bullshit. Its not like I was chugging it as I walked by, I just wanted to get on the bus. :(

Get a backpack next time.

Backpacks are for Chodes.

I guess you dont really think about these kind of things until they happen to you. If I saw some cops take another guys stuff id probably laugh at him, but I dont know how that could impact his life. Maybe he just lost his job/house/wife and was on the verge of a mental breakdown and thats all it took to go on a genocidal rampage. Humans a fragile things, and stupid things. Can advanced aliens happen yet? :(

Typhoid
11-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Adam, there's a few problems with your view of dickishness on this.
The cops weren't being dicks to you or anything.

You admit to being drunk in public. Right there, that's illegal. You're allowed to be drunk in a bar, in a restaurant (within reason), or in your/someone elses house. You're not allowed to transition between places while drunk. You are allowed to BE drunk, you just cant let people SEE that you're drunk.
You admit to having an open(ed) bottle of booze. That too, is also illegal. Either because [from their perspective] A) You were drinking it in public or B) You have intent to drink it in public.

If they wanted to be dicks they would have thrown you in the drunk tank for public intoxication. If they REALLY wanted to be dicks, they'd write you the ticket and then also throw you in the tank.

Combine 017
11-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Adam, there's a few problems with your view of dickishness on this.
The cops weren't being dicks to you or anything.

You admit to being drunk in public. Right there, that's illegal. You're allowed to be drunk in a bar, in a restaurant (within reason), or in your/someone elses house. You're not allowed to transition between places while drunk. You are allowed to BE drunk, you just cant let people SEE that you're drunk.
You admit to having an open(ed) bottle of booze. That too, is also illegal. Either because [from their perspective] A) You were drinking it in public or B) You have intent to drink it in public.

If they wanted to be dicks they would have thrown you in the drunk tank for public intoxication. If they REALLY wanted to be dicks, they'd write you the ticket and then also throw you in the tank.

I know I was doing illegal things, but there are worse people out there than me holding booze wanting to get on a bus. I just wish people could listen to reason, that I could just explain myself and be on my way. They could even have still took my booze cause they do have the right to do that, and that was my bad for having it in visible sight, but having to question me and ID me and shit like that so that I miss my bus was a diskish thing to do. It was sitting right there, 10 feet away. I was obviously running towards it, wtf else would I be running at?

I dont think I mentioned it before but it was the last bus of the night, which is a big chunk of the "im pissed off" part.

Jason1
11-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Cops generally need to find better things to do than stupid shit like this. Drugs, actual crime, ect.

Typhoid
11-27-2011, 08:19 PM
I know I was doing illegal things, but there are worse people out there than me holding booze wanting to get on a bus.

Well, weren't you breaking the law directly in front of them?
To them you're just some drunk punk kid who thinks he's above the law by walking directly by some cops with open liquor, while being really drunk. Of course they're going to stop you. If you light up a joint in front of a cop he'll totally search you.

but having to question me and ID me and shit like that so that I miss my bus was a diskish thing to do.

You do sort of look underage occasionally . :ohreilly:

And i'm not saying you shouldn't be pissed off. I'd be choked if I missed the last bus, too.

Combine 017
11-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Well, weren't you breaking the law directly in front of them?
To them you're just some drunk punk kid who thinks he's above the law by walking directly by some cops with open liquor, while being really drunk. Of course they're going to stop you. If you light up a joint in front of a cop he'll totally search you.

I wasnt brandishing liquor out in the open or anything, and I sure as hell wasnt acting drunk running for a bus. Thats why it would be nice to explain to them that im not a punk kid who thinks im above the law. If I was stumbling around shouting around like an idiot then sure, id deserve it, but to them I wasnt doing anything unruly aside from holding a bottle of booze. Until they got closer and probably could tell I was drunk then.

Typhoid
11-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Meh. I was just saying that they only stopped you because you were holding a bottle of booze. From there they can then assume you have been drinking from the bottle, and because of your fetus-like appearance probably wanted to double-check that you were at least legally allowed to be drunk in the first place.

So then we arrive back to that bottle of booze you were carrying, and to possibly the most important thing of all: Why the fuck didn't you finish your booze?

Haven't I taught you anything? If you simply manned up, you wouldn't have been caught with a bottle of booze, and stopped by the cops, leading you to miss the last bus.

Next time, drink up.
Jesus, Man.

Combine 017
11-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Meh. I was just saying that they only stopped you because you were holding a bottle of booze. From there they can then assume you have been drinking from the bottle, and because of your fetus-like appearance probably wanted to double-check that you were at least legally allowed to be drunk in the first place.

So then we arrive back to that bottle of booze you were carrying, and to possibly the most important thing of all: Why the fuck didn't you finish your booze?

Haven't I taught you anything? If you simply manned up, you wouldn't have been caught with a bottle of booze, and stopped by the cops, leading you to miss the last bus.

Next time, drink up.
Jesus, Man.

Leave my fetus like appearance out of this! Besides, I have my sideburn going right now.
And there was half a 26 left, id probably die if a drank it all. :p

KillerGremlin
11-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Do Canadian police even carry guns?

I would have laughed at his funny accent and called his mom a moose. Your mom's so fat, eh, she poured extra maple syrup on her Canadian bacon!

Combine 017
11-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes they have guns, but they're not loaded. Mainly just for show.

Bond
11-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Yes they have guns, but they're not loaded.
Do you know this from experience?

Typhoid
11-28-2011, 08:56 PM

Nope. They only carry gold stars. If you get 5 of them you have to go see Doug. Doug is in charge of the court.

Do you know this from experience?

Well, what dumbass police force doesn't give it's officers guns?

oh yeah.
The British.

Seth
12-03-2011, 06:27 PM

I would have laughed at his funny accent and called his mom a moose. Your mom's so fat, eh, she poured extra maple syrup on her Canadian bacon!
Just an excuse to post this Dr Oz clip on Forks Over Knives!

http://www.naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=7B417F65B0EB39F10B259B2D9DAE643F

I had a cop(rcmp) check out my junk when I was being fined for open alcohol. haha

KillerGremlin
12-05-2011, 05:23 AM

I had a cop(rcmp) check out my junk when I was being fined for open alcohol. haha

Very cool video. I love Dr. Oz and I'm checking out the documentary now. This type of lifestyle shift is never going to fly in America, though. We already have anti-skinny-agenda movements emerging.

Typhoid
12-05-2011, 03:24 PM
We already have anti-skinny-agenda movements emerging.

See, you're looking at it all wrong.
The McDonald's/Burger Kings aren't anti-skinny. They're pro jobs.
People need to serve those fat people their food. People need to sell those fat people their diabetes medicine. People need to operate on those fat people when they get too fat.

Job Creators.

KillerGremlin
12-06-2011, 04:55 AM

Okay...I watched the documentary Forks over Knives inspired by the Dr. Oz special.

That was powerful stuff. So I want to ride this wave of motivation now when I feel passionate about not getting cancer or having to need heart surgery...you know...before I remember how delicious Taco Bell and Hamburgers are.

Do you have any healthy cookbooks you can recommend? Ones that make vegetarian food not taste like shit?

Also...do you take supplements or vitamins in place of things like Vitamin D or Protein?

And...do you have any recommendations for supplementing oils?

Things I would have a hard time living without:

-Cheese....
-BBQ Sauce
-Mustard
-Oil

Also, I fucking NEED beer and wine in my life. But Beer is just barley malt, hops, and yeast...so that shit should be good to go.

KillerGremlin
12-06-2011, 05:03 AM
Also, I work out 5 days a week. Cardio and weight lifting means a lot to me. I'm a runner/lifter. So I need protein and carbs.

What are bulk protein sources with no meat? And how do you supplement the important Vitamins like B-12 that are often deficient in vegans?

And is popcorn kosher on a Vegan diet...and what food in boxes are okay? Is popcorn okay? Are any crackers or boxed cereals okay? Can you use soy milk and shit like that?

/sigh - once the excitement/honeymoon phase dies down, I have some real research to do. I dropped 60 pounds with simple diet changes a year ago, so I'm willing to evaluate and put more work into my lifestyle choices. I'm selfish enough to give up meat to live longer and try to avoid cancer. I honestly could give a shit less about animal empathy. If it's the bacon's feeling or delicious bacon...I will side with delicious bacon 100% of the time.

Combine 017
12-06-2011, 05:20 AM

Emu Oil!
I dont know what it does, but its expensive which means it has to be good.

Seth
12-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Do you have any healthy cookbooks you can recommend? Ones that make vegetarian food not taste like shit?
Since I'm living on my own as a poor student, all my family's cookbooks aren't with me. The online resources are endless however, so I would start with that.
One thing to remember, beans and legumes are your friend, especially if you're a strength trainee. When cooking beans, bring them to a boil and simmer for an hour. Then drain and rinse the beens. Add the appropriate proportion of water and cook until done. This gets rid of any gassy effects. Also, I think it plays a role in neutralizing phytic acid. I know that by soaking grains for sprouting(sprouted grain bread is the best!) phytates can unbind the zinc and magnesium that otherwise are held as less absorbable due to the natural phytic acid in foods. Another example is the traditional Scottish way of soaking oatmeal over night(steel cut) which removes phytic acid. This can be done to normal baking flours as well by making sour dough or soaking with an acidic solution like lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.

(A quick note on apple cider vinegar: if you want to experience an overall balance of your body's pH, take apple cider vinegar in a glass of water: 1 tbsp cider/cup of water, and digestion is enhanced. Another amazing improvement to digestion, and this is important to an athlete, is taking a healthy dose of cayenne powder in water, about 15 minutes before meals).

Also...do you take supplements or vitamins in place of things like Vitamin D or Protein?

Most 'grocery store' supplement brands are full of filler ingredients that aren't healthy in the least. Taking Vitamin D3 in tablet form is hardly absorbable by the body. Over the years I have had the blessing of a parental income which was put towards bulk purchases of vitamin supplements through companies that are established as reputable. Hope for Health supplements are great, especially their multi vitamin which is a whole food tablet(no isolated ingredients) and it doesn't include iron which is important, since dietary iron should be the only source + cast iron pans which help iron intake if you're on the anemic side. Organic blackstrap molasses(unsulphured) is full of potassium and iron and B vitamins. I use it as a sweetener with coconut oil and ground/whole seeds. If I'm working out, this fat source is medium chain and saturated which is the type of fat you want for heart health as well as easy utilization. It does not require emulsification by bile, so if your gallbladder is full of stones(most north american diets pretty much dictate that you will have a substantial amount of gallstones and bile stone deposits in the liver), then coconut oil is the answer to fat replacement.
As far as Vitamin D3 goes, I have to wait until Christmas break so I can go to a health food store in BC (Albertan's only believe in the hearty affects of beef), but from what Mike Adams has said regarding supplement superiority, the oil capsules are by far a better choice than tablets, as tablets may be useless.

I want to address specifically the inadequate supply of D3 through any food source. Fortified milk is negligable in helping D3 levels, and the quality of D3 is generally low. The current 'mainstream' recommendation for daily D3 is somewhere around 400 iu for a middle aged adult. This was recently bumped up from 200 iu. These levels are laughably low in the face of piling research which shows that 5000 iu is more close to the D3 requirements of those living above Atlanta, Georgia. Especially if you have darker skin. Many supplement at 10,000 iu a day, and this is nowhere near upper limit toxicity levels. If you feel you may have need of HGH, and as most males living in a BPA and phytoestrogen rich society, this is important. I would start at 5000 iu of a quality D3 oil capsule or liquid form. I noticed that upaya.ca sells a liquid dropper bottle, but that's through an eastern cdn health distributor. I get free shipping with bulk orders but for americans, naturalnews.com has a lot of higher quality products, which if you want to find elsewhere is at least a good place to identify product brands.

Coconut oil. Expeller pressed and organic. Make sure it's not a processed form that has been powderized and reconstituted as it is harmful. This oil lasts extremely long as MCFA's don't go rancid the way olive oil will. Olive oil is good, but use sparingly and only high quality, expensive bottles that are UV protective(dark). There are many other oils, such as grapeseed oil, which is better for cooking as its smouldering point is higher, but in general, from my own experience I would stick to eating whole food sources of healthy fats. Avocados, nuts/seeds. Udo's Oil is a blend of DHA and EPA omega 3 fats. It's expensive but quite anti-inflammatory. Flax seed!!!! All men should be taking flax seed on a daily basis. It heals abused prostates and counteracts the high intake of omega 6 fats which predominate the american diet. Chronic illness has a direct correlation with the switch to vegetable oils such as corn, canola, and soy. These food should be eaten in whole forms and not denatured into cooking oils which promote disease. like I said, coconut oil all the way.
One food I've fallen in love with is chia seeds. Highest omega 3 content in the vegetable kingdom, highly absorbable and a complete protein. Between chia and hemp seeds, it is easy to get more than your protein requirements. Hemp seeds could single handedly reverse the health issues of America. It's a complete protein source, has the iron, magnesium and B vitamins that are deficient in modern agriculture. Organic is best for lots of foods, but as big corporations tap into the fastest growing food market, the 'certification' of organic foods becomes obfuscated.

I would recommend reading the China Study. Legumes, beans, seeds and nuts supply so much protein that it's hard not to have enough. As a male, pumpkin seeds are high in zinc and selenium, which is proven to be first line nutrient defences against cancer. Brazil nuts should be consumed regularely, but no more than 10 a day as selenium toxicity could result. Don't need much of the stuff, but most people don't get any.
I eat bee pollen with my workout meal. It's used in famine stricken areas to resupply nutrients in children. It has every single nutrient/phytonutrient that a human needs to be healthy. Its expensive. And due to the farming practices, there are issues with contamination of pesticides, but getting to worked up about this, coming from a meat diet is unproductive and I hesitate to talk about a lot of things which could seem overwhelming at first.
Corn is only a bumper crop, claimed to counteract world food shortages, but it is in fact subsidized by tax payers dollars, which supports monsanto and pesticide/nitrogen saturation of the soil, which drains into the mississippi river and creates a deadzone in the gulf that wastes over 200,000 metric tons of seafood each year. The effects are staggering when one considers that their are 400 of these deadzones around the globe, as modern agriculture destroys vital food sources for millions.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1917726-5,00.html
this is a great article from 2009 about the issues. I'm not completely anti-meat, but the practice of stuffing animals into small areas, pumping them full of antibiotics to "prevent" disease, is creating superbug issues for human populations. The combination of rBGH hormones to increase profit, and the feeding of highly unhealthy corn feed and other pesticide laden, gmo crops is enough to dissuade anyone who actually reads into this. There are organic, grassfed freerange alternatives that cost more, but also reflect the amount of meat that one should have in their diet if they so choose to eat it. Same goes for dairy. imo it is best to cut out all of these animal protein sources as they do not in anyway increase health in a person who is trying to regenerate tissue in the aims of meeting personal health and strength goals.

Things I would have a hard time living without:

-Cheese....
-BBQ Sauce
-Mustard
-Oil

Nutritional yeast!!!!!!!!!!! Dr. Oz mentioned this in that clip. I have recently come back to this wonderful food. I mix it in with lentil soups, rice, anything that I think cheezifying would be good. It has so many different B vitamins you'll probably make it a staple. You'll piss bright yellow as if you took a B-complex. Underscore the need for B vitamins.

BBQ sauce has recipe replacements that probably aren't too difficult once you adjust to buying the dry ingredients that combine for that wonderful flavour.

Mustard is actually a superfood, full of nutrition. Ideally you'll get organic instead of Frenchies, but even the commericial stuff isn't too bad. White vinegar isn't great. Their are recipes that use applecider vinegar and I have a bunch of mustard seeds so gonna try home made soon. It's a great anti-inflammatory.

Oil - honestly I would avoid spending big bucks on krill or cod liver oils. The D3 content of cod oil is still negligable. for instance, 20-30 minutes in the high sun produces about 20,000 iu of vit D3. Think about that when you make food purchases based on D3 fortification. Also, the ocean is being over fished, and the mercury/PCB levels should deter you. Especially if you have a child, seafood is no longer a viable protein and fatty acid source. Sardines are less toxic than say, salmon, but it's still there. Plus, the northwest coast of NA is experiencing fairly high levels of cesium 131/137 in rainfall, and the ocean currents aren't changing, so there is real contamination issues in regard to seafood.

I prefer to cook with coconut oil, it makes so many foods taste good, just different. Garlic bread (garlic is high in selenium-making it a potent anti-cancer addition), popcorn, rice, all taste great with this oil. I'm a curry lover. I use turmeric and blackpepper combos(freshly ground pepper) and it's great for inflammation. Tumeric is also the best item to help prevent alzheimers.

Berries!!! blueberries and goji berries are my crux. They have shown high benefits for preventing brain degeneration and the antioxidant levels are great. I have a freezer full of blueberries from the lower mainland, which isn't ideal as metro traffic polution gets carried to abbotsford in the form of rainfall and whatnot, but meh, better than not.

Also, I fucking NEED beer and wine in my life. But Beer is just barley malt, hops, and yeast...so that shit should be good to go.

My rule with liquor is organic. Springwater is great to see on a bottle as well, but hey, there are alternatives. European brews tend to better, but its impossible to determine if GMO grains have been used since it's directed at a NA market. In our consumer idiocy we have failed to take note from europeans and demand GMO labeling. It's a pathetic example of media power and lobbyist influence.

Further comments,
popcorn is okay. It's great for fiber and I love nutritional yeast with coconut oil and seasalt. mmm Just make sure it's non-gmo since mexico banned monsanto crops after studies concluded infertitility in rats after the 3rd-4th generation.
There is severe sperm inoculation effects from eating gmo foods. Whether is is primarily a result of the gene make-up or from glyphosates in RoundUp pesticides is unclear.

For protein, it is best not to eat too much nuts and seeds at a time, since these are hard to digest. No more than a handful. Walnuts are great and show signs of cognitive support directly after it has entered the bloodstream. It's shaped like a brain so makes sense. You'll notice how freshly cracked walnuts don't have that bitter, rancid flavour that most preshelled walnuts have. Almonds are great for potassium and are probably one of the best nuts for shelf-life. Make sure you get raw almonds and soak them to make almond milk if you have the high-quality blender needed. Bit of salt, bit of raw cane sugar, and almond milk is deliciously available at a low price. This is my preferred smoothie base for protein shakes. Better than shelf almond milk as it sits, and sits, and sits, with chemical support.

Calcium. Need D3 to absorb calcium. Must have magnesium/calcium/potassium ratio that is healthy. Most people's sodium/potassium ratio is completely skewed. It's been found that you can still ingest a lot of salt as long as potassium levels are kept high.
Organic bananas. Don't buy non-organic. People with allergic reactions to bananas sometimes find that organic bananas produce no adverse effects.

I recommend everyone do a liver flush at some point, and continue to flush their liver until there are no more lodged stones. John Hopkins University acknowledges the role that congested bile ducts have in the formation of most disease.
It's an ayurvedic medicine trick that saved my grandma's gallbladder back in the 80's. Don't ever get a gallbladder removal because you'll be stuck eating medium chain fats for the rest of your lilfe since bile is kind of necessary.

I did the flush once last year, and keep telling myself I'm gonna get it done. Lilfe's hectic though. Its non obtrusive for the most part. No harsh fasting required. 6 says of malic acid intake (apples) and a last day that requires ingestible epsom salts and an olive oil/grapefruit juice mix that triggers the release of hundreds of stones in the liver. The epsom salts dialate and relax the gall-duct and liver bile ducts. Seriously, do this cleanse, appropriately with a cleansed colon and you'll experience cognitive changes.

A couple years ago I did the lemon master cleanse and adhered to a very healthy diet for the months following. I no longer considered 'cheese' aromas or unhealthy food to be appetizing. It takes about 21 days for synaptic connections to rewire behaviour habits. Fasting one day a week is probably the healthiest thing that most of us could do to start living better. By living better I mean less chronic pain, more energy, and much better nutrient absorption.

habits are a bitch. That's what the standard american diet amounts to. Outside market influencing the dietary choices which are implanted by parents trying to give their kids enough dairy calcium and protein.

Also, a lot of people have gluten intolerances which make nutrient absorption difficult. Something like 70% of the population has this without knowing they do.

L-glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body, and it helps restore intestinal vili. Probiotic supplementation is a good idea as well, although high quality probiotics are expensive. l-glutamine is probably one of the best 'processed' supplements you could buy to help in your workout regime.

My roommates and I love kefir grains. We use water kefir to produce tons of probiotic cultures, while making a rather tasty, low alcohol drink.
It's a 24-72 hour brewing turnover that makes a 1%-3% alcohol full of nutrients. It's kind of like kombucha tea. I'm about to make another order from a lady in Alberta since my last batch died after I went on vacation.

Kefir grains need sugar and water. They convert the sugar into less insulin spiking forms of probiotics and b vitamins. Definately give it a go if you're into simple, quick brewing. It makes a killer apple ginger ale.

http://www.yourkefirsource.com/water-kefir/water-kefir

also, cinnamon, ginger root(tea mmm), and lemons are great for inflammation. Starting the morning off with a warmed lemon/water drink is habit for me. Lemons are 79 cents a pop now which sucks but cost effectiveness in the long term is worth it.

Seth
12-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I'd like to add a few things.

Weight loss has never been my issue. So the results i've experienced from adjusting my food habits has been considerable, but less visable. Being a vegetarian for life has been great, and I am thankful to my parents for this. However, my eating habits have been awful at times, with high carb, high processed foods and soda taking its toll. Typical dumb teenage years. Anyway, the mental clarity and physical bio-feedback I have experienced while maintaing a healthy diet are almost impossible to express. It is something I recommend to everyone.

Also, I supplement with a methyl B12(make sure it isn't cyanocobaline sp?) as cyano--- is a synthetic cyanide compound that actually leaches B12 from the body. Most supplements of B12 are in this form as it is much cheaper to produce.

Saurcraut makes natural B12.Kimchi and other fermented foods are great additions to any diet. People have issue with soy because of phytoestrogens, but all the studies linking soy to illness have been made on soy isolate products, gmo. Traditional tofu is great, just make sure it is non-gmo. Full of iron and protein. I've been buying a smoked tofu that is sooooo delicious without having to spice cook it more. Natto soy is an indonesian traditional fermented soy food that is also quite delicious. My last bottle of non-radioactive soy sauce is almost gone :( It's aged 4 years in wooden barrels mmmmmm
some health authorities recommend eating only fermented soy forms...

and something to keep you on track: in the summer season, try eating lots of brocoli, watermelon and green tea. If you consume 4+ cups of GT, and the others, you'll find that it takes quit a bit longer to get a sunburn, and that you will tan much nicer. The most recent studies show that melanoma is actually inhibited through moderate sun exposure, and that genetic qualities such as fair skin and moles are more indicative of developing melanoma.
If the diet is good, skin regenerates and deals with UVB's. By sunscreening the body no longer can produce D3 (vital hormone) and disease becomes unrestrained. The consensus now is that breast cancer is completely preventable if vit D3 levels are high enough. Most commercial sunblocks not only prevent vit D, they permeate carcinogens directly into the bloodstream.

Also, it's good to note that a lot of produce in the supermarkets has been irradiated. The FDA used e.coli excuses to impliment draconian laws on vegetables and nuts. It is nearly impossible to find a californian almond that hasn't been microwaved.

They also went after small owner butchers by requiring expensive inspection fees that large, meat packaging companies can afford. It is the large industry corps that are mostly responsible for bacteria contamination, but this scare has been used to further degrade the family farmer's ability to remain competitive.

My aunt and uncle who live close by in BC have finally retired from the organic farming business. They never made money really. Their melons were always the best tasting and for a long while they had the largest organic carrot farm in BC. My father was part of the generation which saw the move from sustainable farming practices towards mono-crop pesticide bumper crops which require obscene nitrogen spraying. It's disrupting not only the health of consumers, it is destroying the long term viability of the human race. Arguments to the contrary are from deep pocket interests and fully dismissable, despite the pope's (haha) reluctance to outright condemn the use of gmo food crops.
Study after study is showing higher crop yields through rotation and organic fertilization. There are so many ways to reinvigorate depleted soil.

This comes down to the same issue that sparked revolt in 1381. The Peasants' Revolt was of an agricultural nature. Serfdom has been replaced by economic feudalism and we can now identify class disparity through diet and food availability. Organic foods is seen to be elitist, but only because food price suppression, purposefully orchestrated by monolithic corporations, has removed any alternatives to their controlling, free market edition of democracy. Food should never be relegated to commodity because it is directly related to the inalienable rights of an individual to... LIFE. This is where the word conspiracy gets dropped.

Typhoid
12-06-2011, 03:42 PM
This went in an odd direction.

I'll throw my hat into the ring on this.

My weight's fluctuated a lot in the last 6 years, so I feel I've got some experience on what will and won't work long-term for weight loss.

First of all, I tried the drug diet. Don't do that. That's lesson 1.

Secondly, you'll have a hard time cutting weight if you love wine and beer. I too, love beer and wine. Giving that shit up (on a regular basis) was one of the hardest things I've done in recent years.

The problem with alcohol and exercise, is alcohol essentially transfers entirely to bad fat in the body; and when you go to work out, the alcohol is the first thing the body tries to work off. So you're not even really making progress if you drink frequently. I'm not sure what the proper ratio or whatever is on what will and won't impede progress, though.

I just know it will be ridiculously harder on you to cut weight/build muscle if you're chugging back beers often. And it's alcohol in general, it's not JUST beer or wine. Alcohol as a whole impedes cutting weight/building muscle.

I also eat a lot of food sans-meat. I don't like calling it vegetarian, because it's not. It's just meat-less. Hell, Fruity Pebbles can probably be vegetarian.

Anyways, my advice on how to make vegetarian things taste good if you have no cookbook is to just be creative, add lots spices. Vegetarian food tends to be inherently bland, unless it's Indian cooking. Cooking isn't precise or anything like that, it's all preference. I'd say just start trying some shit out. See what works for you.

Stay away from candy, chocolate, sugars, pops. Normal things like that. You probably shouldn't eat too much potatoes/breads/dairy. I'm not saying at all, just don't have 6 sandwiches a day. Everything's cool in moderation.

And also, eat frequently. That's one of the best things I've noticed you can do when you want to cut weight. Eat smaller portions [of things like a small yogurt, some fruit, granola bar etc] more often. Don't have 'meals', just eat when you're hungry. Have healthy snacks often. Keep your metabolism working for you, not against you.

Seth
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Typhoid, you make good points. Beer raises estrogen levels, and promotes inadequate bile secretion which directly affects the digestion of fats. Sugar is also disasterous as it raises insulin. By going on a 24 hour fast, thus keeping insulin completely dormant, HGH levels increase by over 2000% in men, and around 1400% in women. This is why kungfu training and all that hardcore stuff promotes fasting as a way to increase testosterone.

Now about eating regularly, I have this one point to make.
The way the digestive tract absorbs nutrients requires a lot of energy. What happens is that our gallbladders get triggered by the ingestion of fats, so when we eat something with fat content our body signals the release of bile to emulsify and breakdown food into absorbable nutrient forms.

This reason is why, eating often and smaller amounts, is inherently a bad idea.
Weight loss in and of itself should not be the goal. We can measure basic health levels through weight indicators, but simply reducing fat stores isn't going to indicate proper health. Fat does store toxins and estrogens so by burning fat off, one is in a better hormone balance.

My point about eating schedule is this: If the gallbladder supports the liver and the digestion process, if we eat smaller 'snack' sized meals this does not allow the body the time to carry its digestive process into a cycle, where bile re-enters the gallbladder and is ready for the next batch of food. Also, food that is in the small and large intestine has to be fully digested and broken down into blood soluble forms before new food is introduced, otherwise a redirection of blood action is required to digest the new food in the stomach. What happens is that food remains half digested, while new food is added. This combination causes fermentation within the gut, causing gas as well as food particulate entering the bloodstream that the immune system has to identify as 'enemies'.
Most people have disrupted food absorption in the gut, and many have 'leaky-gut syndrome' which indicates the presence of candida and damage to the gut lining.
If one were to eat primarily fruits and vegetables, this process of repetive food introduction isn't has harmful, as these foods are full of fiber. However, a healthy diet requires fat, as many vitamins are fat soluble, such as E and K.
So, for a quick conclusion on this matter, it is suggested that 5 hour breaks between meals is preferable for not only athletic performance but for general health.
The 5 hour break allows the body's resources to distributive nutrition at a cellular level without having to be burdened by further digestive processes.
In order to alleviate the 'weak from sugar level drops' one should avoid the high sugar forms that Typhoid identified. This causes insulin spikes that are short lived, incurring feelings of further hunger, and a period of 'withdrawel' like symptons which many attribute to their low sugar. By constantly requiring insulin to mediate blood levels, the pancreas becomes stressed and in time, pancreatic cancer and diabetes SYMPTOMS become more likely.

The best way to alleviate the hunger pangs that accompany appropriately spaced meals is to eat fruit separately(always) from proteign and carb meals. If one consumes an orange or apple at least 30 minutes before a main meal, the sugars are timely absorbed to feed energy needs, and the natural fiber spaces out the absorption of sugar so that ATP stores are used to fuel energy levels, and not feed competing bacteria such as candida.
Since the fruit is fully digested(without much digestive effort, with no bile being secreted), the body is then ready with vitamins and phytonutrients already in the bloodstream which helps balance the stress that protein and carb intake have. Vitamin C for instance really helps the body absorb iron.

Also, I really recommend that evening meals be finished by 6pm. Try this for a while and you'll find that you need less sleep to feel just as rested, and your overall health will benefit from the ability to rise with the sun. Circadian rhythms are crucially important for over all health, and many people force themselves into a coffee morning ritual in response to late meal times and blue-light interference in the production of natural melatonin.

At this moment, i'm two weeks into no coffee(I quit cuz of insomnia and overall anxiousness from it), and i'm starting to feel a bit more normal with my adrenals responding better to GABA green tea which has compounds that work in tandem with smaller amounts of caffiene, producing a calming energy as opposed to coffee. Everyone's different with caffeine tolerance, and I'm not calling coffee necessarily bad(it supplies the larger amount of America's magnesium intake).

edit: and just one of many reasons that seem to surface daily, why healthy 'lean' meats are just as awful as the red, iron providing alternative.
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1466/138/FDA_Finally_Admits_Chicken_Meat_Contains_Cancer-Causing_Arsenic.html

Chicken isn't the only thing with arsenic, its in rice too. Ground water is tending towards more arsenic concentration. An animal eats 'rice' and concentrates it into a fiberless form of dead protein.
Meat is only worth eating if it's high in omega 3 content. This requires free range grazing and healthier grain feed such as flax. Hay trumps corn feed because cattle are actually meant to eat it.

Also, lots of the 'meat' in fast food is actually a mixture of soy protein isolates and the meat that said soy produces as cattle feed. So while one is chemically altered (Hexane) and devoid of phytonutrient support that's in all whole foods, the other 'actual' meat is made from pesticide laden, gmo soy or corn which makes it as/even/more harmful than the isolates themselves.

They think salmonella is deadly dangerous, but MSG, aspartame and sodium nitrite are just fine. They believe in the lie that chemicals are safe as long as the FDA doesn't say anything against them!

http://www.naturalnews.com/026303_soy_protein_hexane.html#ixzz1fnnfFCiD

I took a 3rd year public health class last year. It's interesting from an advocacy point of view just how warped the governing health boards are(administrations).

It's a slippery slope, because as advocates we have to demand change in industry. With media channels the way they are, this is mostly in consumer dollar votes. Whether or not one finds soy disgusting, alternative vegetable proteins are at risk of complete nutrient scalping, and people don't see the health changes promised when switching onto a vegetarian diet. In fact, a lot of people experience heavy withdrawel from rBGH hormones, just as refined corn syrup screws with mood levels so much. People start to detox(fat is full of 'body allocated toxic stores' and when fat starts to burn off, and elimination organs start to function, symptoms of toxic nausea result. Fatigue, is a reason why lots of people claim that a vegetarian diet didn't work for them.
It's really a combination of detox overload, chemical dependency(familiarity), and comfort food habits.

Quitting meat can be like quitting any harsh drug. There are withdrawel symptoms.
anyway, back to FDA shortfalls, the bills that have been passed under the Obama administration have continued the trend of agression to small farmers who don't want to pledge their lives on the seed distribution of a mega corp like Monsanto.

What happens, acting as an advocate, when you appeal to legislation already in place to safeguard public healthl? In Hawaii there is such legislation in place that should dictate an immediate halt to the use of glyphosate on crops. They got them to ban its use in a public park so that kids wouldn't have to absorb it through their feet. Getting them to stop using it in 'the massive food market' isn't working because of vested interests. The kids can't walk on this neurotoxic stuff as acknowledged by concessions, but they can damn well eat it.
http://www.naturalnews.com/034307_GMOs_Hawaii_Monsanto.html

The food liberty bills that are being passed in local municipalities reflect an educated public who are more and more taking decisive action against the direct assault on their human rights.

Right now, based on Bill Geates charitable organization, and other platforms, the Obama administration has furthered the same food relief aid that has caused hundreds of thousands of suicides in India since its introduction. Dependency on a profit/control oriented corporation is not in the best interests of anyone, even the richest of the organization though they fail to see it.

Sub-saharan Africa is being 'helped' in the same way. Did you know that suicide rates of farmers are the highest of any working groups in America?

It's actually possible to make good money farming. If you're willing to buy the big equipment and purchase the roundup and patent seeds, as well as the germination initiator spray that some of the seeds require. My cousin up north makes a buttload of money each year in this farming practice.
I'm not willing to say he's happy though.

The answer to world food shortages isn't to induce unnatural bumper crops and then throw 14% of it away, as Americans do. All the while the environment gets destroyed, and people get sick. This 14% doesn't represent the truer waste of the system. And that is, that the meat industry uses more fossil fuels than any other sector in America, including transportation. While requiring the highest energy consumption, it pollutes waterways to the point that irrigated produce can be targeted for salmonella outbreak, and thus legislate measures to irradiate the nutrients that are kids are developing on. It is insanity, as this market drive for meat consumption leaves the rest of the world in poverty; they at least experience less chronic illness than our elevated, modern countries experience, with their mortality and lacking life quality is a result of infrastructure failings. The same guys that push for this control of food through commodity, are the same who utilize IMF unequal trading to keep these countries in 'their proper place'. It's the new market similiarity to the imperial 'unequal treaties' that were forced on China and Japan, back with Britain and the US were strutting their stuff. It carried over after WWII when the US allowed Japan to become an industrial giant, as long as they signed on to a lesser currency(which aided in self-identification as a sovereign nation-important to a defeated Japan) and traded through the IMF interaction scheme which insured American industrial supremecy. At the time America was making everything and shipping it around the world. Electronic gizmos were delegated to the Japanese front, and America gained the military foothold that it now flexes.

When Donald Rumsfield's company was passing the 'safety' of aspertame, Japan had better common sense to use stevia sweetener in their coca cola. What I'm saying is the American people are duped into a diseased system, and because of their ignorance they are passively supporting the oppression of the international states which cannot assert independance. What happens to an African nation that achieves the highest literacy rates and high standards of life? The leader gets identified as a tyrant and the infrastructure gets destroyed, ready to be remade democratically through Haliburton contracts. The US threatened Nelson Mandela to stop showing support for Quaddafi, the man who supported him in prison while America allowed South African injustice. The injustice of Libya was to allign with a trading partner to didn't force the nation into inhumane servitude. The result was catastrophic to the people of Libya, and Bill Maher plays up the leftist puppetry, joking about the fate of Arab dictators. Ha!
America just legislated the right to assassinate its own people, and the president threatens to veto this because it would give the US citizens legal rights foudn in the Geneva Convention. The fact is, Bush jr already made it legal to kill 'enemy combats' so it serves their interests, in a time of OWS, to keep enemy combat identities instead of placing its denizens within the protection of international law. If only the U.N. could act as an international law, in the vein of the Geneva Convention.
Quaddafi wasn't a saint, but neither was George Bush. The difference is that the Libyan people actually liked him, as the Venenzuelan's continue to re-elect Chavez. What America proclaims as justified means to U.N. mandate their bombs into other nations, in America we say that an opposing political party will change things. It doesn't. The 'system' to label it such, is completely feudal in its culminated form. No prancing economic theories are going to solve the situation, as economic theories can't account for a free market that is controlled by an elite. Ron Paul won't get elected because he doesn't have the charisma of the sell-outs, and the media refuses to acknowledge that his message resonates with the people.

This ties back to public health advocacy, because the system is full of intelligent individuals who want to, and have, made remarkable impacts. To extend this advocacy into political reform is going to require the type of attention that OWS phenomena create.
If people stopped eating meat at its current rate, the industry would implode, the media would blame people's heartlessness for deserting the working farmers, and everyone would look better. Black Friday would roll around, and the media would threaten 'buy nothing' advocates as hurting the most vulnerable(clerks, floor employees), and urge people to extend their insolvency for the mere purpose of perpetuation a market cycle that continues to leave the masses with less and less protection. It can be termed as protection because their elected officials promote bank bailouts with Keynesian gusto, and then live out their life with the prefix President as their distinguishing reward.

best to end a rant with something elementary conclusive, such as

Take a note at urban farming, its surge in the face of economic troubles. It directly relates to the type of subsistence that the majority of the world survives on. It is healthy, environmentally sustainable, and less GREEDY. The problem with America is that its majority has been infantilized into a state of immediate gratification response, and since majority rules, the dietary indicators of this will continue to get worse. Science has been marginalized into a profit tool, where the institution of learning itself becomes servant to the financial benefactors.

In 1963, Kennedy took control of his nations finances. He was murdered for it. As was President Garfield.

Seth
12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
organic. Blacksmith Institute on the most dangerous pollutants in developing countries. Doesn't include NA, Europe, and Japan which uses 75% of global pesticides.
http://www.naturalnews.com/034328_pesticides_pollution_toxic_chemicals.html

Combine 017
12-08-2011, 01:53 AM
I think you guys need to start a new thread...

BreakABone
12-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Apparently these are the evil Canadian cops?

http://yfrog.com/gzcl3puqj

manasecret
12-09-2011, 12:49 PM
I like Dr. Oz and that video. But I think the no meat and cheese and alcohol is overzealous (not to mention unrealistic for the majority of Americans). Less meat, cheese, and alcohol is sufficient. Countries like France, Italy, and Greece have heart disease rates almost as low as Japan, and what do you think of when you think of those countries? I think of countless wines, cheeses, pastas, salamis, and more wine.

KillerGremlin
12-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I like Dr. Oz and that video. But I think the no meat and cheese and alcohol is overzealous (not to mention unrealistic for the majority of Americans). Less meat, cheese, and alcohol is sufficient. Countries like France, Italy, and Greece have heart disease rates almost as low as Japan, and what do you think of when you think of those countries? I think of countless wines, cheeses, pastas, salamis, and more wine.

I love wine.

There's a lot of info in this thread that I will have to parse and research. Thanks for the input, Seth, and everyone else.