PDA

View Full Version : Fuck the NCAA and fuck Joe Paterno

KillerGremlin
11-11-2011, 07:09 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mXCZKUp45o0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I cannot believe the frat boy, douche-bag mentality being put on display at Penn State. What was clearly a cover up involving MASSIVE and LONG TERM child abuse is basically being ignored over the coach being fired. Based on the present evidence, it seems pretty fucking clear that Paterno was well aware of the abuse if not in on it.

This shit makes me sick. These are future politicians. God damn communication majors.

The whole Penn State organization is going to get brutally butt-fucked by the long hard dick of the law. Appropriate justice in this situation, I think. But this scandal is on par with the Catholic Priest molestation stuff.

Fucking disgusting. What does this say about the motives, intentions, and organizational structures in place in NCAA sports?

Professor S
11-11-2011, 08:10 AM
Overall, I think this is a sober reminder of the dangers of institutionalism. Joe Paterno lived as a Penn Stater for over 60 years, and was ensconced in that culture. When he was informed about the abuse, he reported it to the highest authority that he could think of... HIS BOSS. Not the police. Not the district attorney. THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR.

As you can see in the video, the psychological effects of institutionalism can override morals and reasoned judgement, because the institution must be protected at all costs... even to the detriment of the individuals it was created to serve.

Institutions exist to serve individuals. Once that balance is tipped in the other direction, things like this are bound to happen.

KillerGremlin
11-11-2011, 03:11 PM
When he was informed about the abuse, he reported it to the highest authority that he could think of... HIS BOSS. Not the police. Not the district attorney. THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR.

This right here is the saddest part. :(

The real monster here is Penn State, Athletic Director Tim Curly and Vice President of Finance Gary Shultz, coach Joe Paterno, and everyone else who was aware of the abuse.

Obviously Sandusky's abuse is henious, but the guy is likely a deeply disturbed individual on the fringe of sanity/reality. It wouldn't surprise me if he was abused at one point or has anti-social tendencies. Obviously he should stand on trial for his abuse and face the consequences of the law. But I can sort of empathize with a disturbed individual...I cannot empathize with people enabling a disturbed individual (and enabling to win something trivial, like football games!, nonetheless).

The only thing worse than being a horrible child abuser/molester/rapist is being an enabler. The Penn State organization and the people who were aware of the absue should not only be ashamed of themselves, but they should face the full brunt of the consequences. In many ways, I think Tim Curly and Paterno should possibly face worse consequences than Sandusky because they apparently gave Sandusky open access to the entire athletic facility as well as an office - all after presumably knowing about the abuse.

I know Penn State is firing everyone and trying to distance themselves from this mess, but I hope the law/FBI/Investigation tears down that University and the personnel who get to make these decisions. And I hope this sets a future precedent or tone for the NCAA.

This is an American University. This is supposed to be a world class institution. Corruption can happen anywhere...but this incident should not have cruised under the radar. Really makes you question Penn State's motivations as decided by some of the Presidents and Administration. And based on the reaction, it makes you question the Penn State student body as well.

KillerGremlin
11-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Here is the Sandusky Grand Jury Presentment.

23 Pages of heart-wrenching pain. I would say it is easy reading, but it's so fucking disturbing it's hard to get through.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Press/Sandusky-Grand-Jury-Presentment.pdf

Really, read that. 23 pages. If you think Joe Paterno should keep his job after knowing about that ^ ^ ^ ^

Yeah. If there is a Hell, Paterno is going to get a high-five from the Devil himself.

TheSlyMoogle
11-11-2011, 04:55 PM
http://www.believemewhenitellu.com/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/80081_111105060741-jerry-sandusky-story-top.jpg

Dude straight up has creepy rape eyes/smile.

Typhoid
11-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Definitely has the face of a clergyman.

Bond
11-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Hey now...

Professor S
11-15-2011, 10:54 PM

This is an interesting point, though. Essentially the Catholic Church, as an organization, was guilty of the exact thing that everyone is lambasting Penn State for, but on a far larger scale.

And aside from Late Night monologue jokes, where is the outrage? Where is the accountability?

KillerGremlin
11-16-2011, 04:43 PM
This is an interesting point, though. Essentially the Catholic Church, as an organization, was guilty of the exact thing that everyone is lambasting Penn State for, but on a far larger scale.

And aside from Late Night monologue jokes, where is the outrage? Where is the accountability?

I wanted to send a S.W.A.T. team to the Vatican. :p

Something about international laws and 97% of the war-mongering part of the country being 100% pro-religion....

My sister was just confirmed. If you want to see the systemic grip of Catholicism look at how they move youths from Sunday School to CCD. CCD requires family involvement, so you get the family tied into the system.

You're not a "true Catholic" if you don't get Baptized, receive Communion, do Confession, and get Confirmed. Sacraments 101. Moving through the Sacraments requires CCD involvement (in most cases).

So you can imagine how abuse flourishes in these structured, systemic environments.

I'm all for regulation, tell me how we do it. At least the NCAA is a product of public universities, and it should be regulated by the government to some degree.

Typhoid
11-17-2011, 03:16 PM
In all honesty I hope this dude gets raped every day and night in jail by at least 5 different guys, so his sphincter never gets used to the dick size.

Crimes on children are inexcusable. Rape is also inexcusable.

I'm going to try and make a thread on religion because of this thread. Let's see how that turns out.