PDA

View Full Version : Tasks you perform with your non-dominant hand

Teuthida
10-30-2011, 02:42 PM
For example I'm right-handed yet I always hold the handle of a pan with my left while cooking. Feels weird to use my right. Also, masturbation.

ZebraRampage
10-30-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't really know which hand is my dominant hand. I write and eat with my left hand. I play all sports right handed though. The only exception with sports is tennis/badminton. I still don't feel comfortable holding a racket in either hand when it comes to serving. Usually I just hold it in my left hand once the ball is in play though. I do kick a soccer ball with my left foot though.

My mom has told me that I tried copying my twin sister when I was really little, and she's left handed. So we always thought I was right handed, and switched to left.

TheSlyMoogle
10-30-2011, 06:15 PM
I write with my right hand and eat. That's about as far as it goes though. I never played a sport with a dominant hand involved so...

I would say I lean more towards my right hand for stuff.

I do a lot of cooking stuff with my left hand though.

Angrist
10-30-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm right-handed, but I shoot a bow and arrow with my left hand. Well, to me it feels like I shoot with right... I aim with right while I pull with left, feels pretty natural. But apparently most people do it the other way.

I peel a tangarine with my left hand.
I open bottles with left.

Edit: My feet are weird, I don't know if I have a dominant one. I used to play soccer with left a lot, but in the last 5 years I use both. But I jump with right.

KillerGremlin
10-31-2011, 05:02 AM
Not much. I always wanted to practice writing with the left hand, but I never did. Maybe I should do that. If I lost my write hand I would be screwed.

Typhoid
10-31-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm right handed. Play all sports that way, always have, never tried it another way. Seems too unnatrual. occasionally I'll eat left-handed and pay it no mind, though. I'll open jars with my opposite hand as if it's normal. I'm pretty ambidextrous, unless it's sports related. Or handwriting. I actually can't do that to save my life with my left hand. Okay, maybe I'm not ambidextrous at all, but I do a lot of shit with my left hand as easily as I do them with my right. Just never sports related things.

Also with my back being so horrible, and being unable to bend to the floor to pick up various things; cat toys, lighters, etc - I use my right foot. I've always been oddly pro at picking shit up with my feet. just mainly by grasping with my big toe and the one next to it, like the way you'd hold a smoke with your hand. And now since that's how I have to pick up stuff from the floor unless I want to spend 5 minutes meandering down then back up, it's so goddamn natural to me. Anyone else utilize a monkey-foot?

If I lost my write hand I would be screwed.

That's the beauty of a keyboard. It doesn't discriminate.

Angrist
10-31-2011, 06:31 PM
I like to drop things and break their fall with my foot. I've saved bottles of wine like that. And sometimes I pick up stuff with my toes, but it's not like I walk around barefoot a lot.

Combine 017
10-31-2011, 11:53 PM
I like to drop things and break their fall with my foot. I've saved bottles of wine like that.

To me, doing that has become a natural action to something thats been dropped, which sucks when that something is very heavy.

Im right handed, so I use my left hand to do the more dangerous things, like fish a ring out of the garburator, or pull a stick from a jammed lawn mower, or feed the animals when it says "dont feed the animals".

Professor S
11-01-2011, 09:40 AM
I bat and golf left handed, and shoot left-handed. I think this is because my left-eye is dominant.