PDA

View Full Version : Nintendophiles Cause Wal-mart To Panic

GameKinG
01-23-2002, 11:20 PM
San Francisco Chronicle

NINTENDOPHILES CAUSE WAL-MART TO PANIC

AP Writer

Local West Albany Wal-Mart employees and customers were evacuated from the building last night when one stock clerk reported a bomb scare to the manager.

The story begins when two young males returned a Microsoft X-Box gaming console Tuesday afternoon to the customer service desk. Claiming that it was defective, they received a full refund for their purchase. After buying a Nintendo GAMECUBE with their refunded money, the two males left the store. It didn't take too long for the stock clerk that was responsible for re-packaging returned items, John Telren, to find a note attached to the returned X-Box's box. It was written in blue ink and reportedly read "We hate Microsoft NINTENDO is their destroyer." The clerk then opened the box to find that the console had been pried apart and that there was a small computer chip attached to the outer casing. The clerk then reported this to the manager, who rushed to call 911.

The two 22 year old males were later identified as Hong Wu and Jeff Scaggs, both of Sausalito. They attend University of California at Berkeley and were majoring in Computer Science and Chemical Engineering, respectively.

The duo was then linked to the theft of eight bottles of carefully chosen chemicals from a University of California chemistry laboratory.

They have since been charged and taken to a hearing, in which they both pled guilty, saying "Nintendo deserves more respect.""

Ginkasa
01-23-2002, 11:28 PM
LOL! They are the ultimate fanboys!

DeathsHand
01-23-2002, 11:43 PM
Ultimate fanboy? More like ultimate loser... wait... fanboy..... loser...... fan...boy...... loser..... hmm... Nevermind

*walks away*

GameKinG
01-23-2002, 11:46 PM
Stupidest fanboy...if ever...

Neo
01-23-2002, 11:54 PM
omfg, that's one of the dumbest most irresponsible things I've ever heard of. Did they not think they would get caught?

When I first read the title, I thought nintendophiles referred to the website n-philes. :-o

GameKinG
01-24-2002, 12:06 AM
Thats what I thought too...

Shadow Fox
01-24-2002, 12:23 AM
bad fanboys...bad. now go sit in the prison corner

*continues scolding the fanboys*

Now what's your favorite site?

*both chant "GameTavern" like drones*

And blowing up Walmart's is what?

"Bad."

And why is it bad?

"Because Walmart is Nintendo's largest retailer."

Good. Now run along like good little fanboys to your respective cells.

GameMaster
01-24-2002, 01:46 AM
Ahh, they're just a couple of fun loving sports if you ask me. :)

Gamer
01-24-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Gamemaster2002
Ahh, they're just a couple of fun loving sports if you ask me. :)

No kidding!

Angrist
01-24-2002, 05:22 AM
What a dorx :rolleyes:

I'm suprised that they just got their money back... didn't the store want to let it get fixed???

C.H
01-24-2002, 12:15 PM
How truely pathetic, thats just plain sad.

People may argue over which console they prefer, but to go so far as to use bombs. Jesus, what deprived lifes they must have.

Gamer
01-24-2002, 12:24 PM
HAhaha, OMG personnally i find this story quite helarious.:rolleyes:

Blix
01-24-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by gamer
HAhaha, OMG personnally i find this story quite helarious.:rolleyes:
Ditto!

BlueFire
01-24-2002, 04:52 PM
A few adjectives for this: Pathetic, moronic, idiotic, stupid. ;)

Bond
01-24-2002, 05:06 PM
Is this a joke?

I find it sad what the videogame 128-bit war is getting to. It would be great if fans of all systems could just get along and enjoy videogames for what they are, but obviously these fanboys want to have a war over it. What a way to act mature!

Megaman
01-25-2002, 09:16 AM
That's funny. I never tought that a fanboy could do something like that :P Those guys are such loosers.

I hate Microsoft NINTENDO is their destroyer :D

LoudHowardZERO
01-25-2002, 09:36 AM
The first one has struck.. now I know it is my time

*Turns around and walks away slowly yet dramtically ;)*

GameKinG
01-25-2002, 10:12 AM
Well really, theres nothing to say this story isnt fak or not...I dont live in Sn Fran. so all I did was copy it from a topic in another forum. Could be fake, could be real. For the sake of humanity, it better be fake.