PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this probably is fake.

Lifelfb
10-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Soz if I wrote this post in the incorrect place but I need some help. I came upon a url that gives you some goodies like gamecards and cd serials for you completing questionaires. The site genuinely does not look to be a scam, and the sit doesn't ask you to download something or want any account info . Would you try it? Does anyone by chance know of any place like this one that really are not fake? http://www.freewowtimecard.com/reftracker/ref.gif

Teuthida
10-03-2010, 12:11 PM
I've been to similar sites where they'll post 2/3 of a tv show on youtube and have to go to their site to watch the rest if you fill out a survey. Basically the questions never stop and have you sign up for a gazillion things, even if you just put made up names and addresses eventually one of them will want a credit card.

Gamecards I wouldn't be as suspicious of since there are a lot of sites that will send you promotional items. Serials though I'd be very wary of being illegal and all.

Though if you fill out a survey and you get a download button instead of another survey can try that and just run it through an anti-virus program.

I wouldn't risk it however.

And welcome to the forum.

Combine 017
10-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Spammer!

It will probably reply with a link to some site or something.

Teuthida
10-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt just in case. Though really I can't remember the last time someone just stumbled upon this site rather than being referred.