PDA

View Full Version : Link's Sister... wanna know what she looks like?

Ric
05-26-2002, 04:02 PM
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_18.jpg http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_19.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_20.jpg http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_21.jpg
Checkin out your sisters arse you dirty git.
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_22.jpg http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_23.jpg
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_24.jpg http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_25.jpg

Ric
05-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Hmm :unsure: not the blonde, big breasted, string wearing, computer game babe we all wanted but hey.

I would like to add that I am unsure of the reliability of these screens but make of them what you will.

Jason1
05-26-2002, 04:21 PM
They look real to me...

Link's sister looks a lot like link...yep...dosent look like zelda though...

BreakABone
05-26-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Ric
Hmm :unsure: not the blonde, big breasted, string wearing, computer game babe we all wanted but hey.

I would like to add that I am unsure of the reliability of these screens but make of them what you will. The screens are real enough. I was reading the Nintendo Q & A briefing and one of the reasons Link's sister is in the game is so that someone calls him "Big brother". At first, I thought it was a just, but low and behold they actually have that in the game.

Also, the quality of the screens make it look like it was taken from a movie, and since she was in the e3 demo it makes sense. Also if you note the first screen, you can see Link's heart in the upper left hand corner. So it would mean that it ent from in-game to an in-0gme mocie or the rest of the screens are missing the hearts.

Ric
05-26-2002, 04:44 PM
I believe the screens are taken from a video, if this is the case does anyone know where I can download it. I want a decent quality video if possible.

Jonbo298
05-26-2002, 04:46 PM
It seems like we will be seeing most/all of Link's family member's. She mentions "grandma". Hmm......

Revival
05-26-2002, 05:08 PM
Let's get the whole family in this game :D

Ric
05-26-2002, 05:46 PM
Arill

Link's sisters name is Arill, I just downloaded a video from www.jeux-france.com its the Zelda video number 43 if you are interested.

So there we have it now she has a name, and I even attached a screenshot so you can see for yourselves.

Jonbo298
05-26-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Ric
Arill

Link's sisters name is Arill, I just downloaded a video from www.jeux-france.com its the Zelda video number 43 if you are interested.

So there we have it now she has a name, and I even attached a screenshot so you can see for yourselves.

Odd name, but not surprising. I expected a weird name for Link's Sis.

BlueFire
05-26-2002, 05:49 PM
Too bad their mom is dead. :unsure:

bobcat
05-26-2002, 06:17 PM
Arill spelt backwards is llira!!!!!!!!

She's Italian!

Story is that her parents were in the stock exchange type business :unsure:

And they named her after a currency that was Italian because they kept on eating pizza.

:banana:

Ric
05-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Who do you think this is then dudes (See Attachment) Zelda perhaps???? I am not sure.

From what I have seen on the videos, Arill gives you a telescope and then you look with it and see a huge bird carrying something, all of a sudden a pirate ship starts shooting cannonballs at it and the bird drops the girl, she plummets into a forest on top of a high cliff far in the distance. From the looks of things you will be able to walk all the way there, cool.

Drunk Hobbit
05-26-2002, 07:56 PM
That's some pirate girl. She's in a bunch of the videos. I forget if they mentioned her name.

After Arill gives Link the telescope he uses it to see one of the bird mailman people looking at the sky. Link zoomed in on the sky and sees the pirates chasing the bird (shooting cannon balls at it) and then sees the pirate girl fall. In another video she's the one who catapalts Link into the secret fortress island where his sister is held (funny facial expressions on Link's part). She's then stuck in some tree and Link gets her down.

Ginkasa
05-26-2002, 11:41 PM
I thought we already knew all this.... :unsure:

Drunk Hobbit
05-27-2002, 12:04 AM
We did.

Don't tell Ric. ;)

Ric
05-27-2002, 11:46 AM
:mad2: Well some people didn't know this, and I never seen anyone talking about it as of yet. :mad2:

But hey give me some credit you didn't know what Link's sister looked like or what her name was did you????

Drunk Hobbit
05-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Ric
:mad2: But hey give me some credit you didn't know what Link's sister looked like or what her name was did you????

Well, found out her name on May 22, and then saw her in motion on May 24.

*runs and hides*

Revival
05-27-2002, 12:50 PM
So Ric's not that late.. give him some credit.

:burger:

Drunk Hobbit
05-27-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Shooter
So Ric's not that late.. give him some credit.

:burger:

I never said of what year...

Night Stormer
06-01-2002, 09:30 PM
Let's get the whole family in this game :D

hmm.. am i remembering right or does that clash with OoT? i thought when everythin went to hell this mother gave link to the tree, died, and he lost his family forever... i'm confused:confused: .

yes_yes i am
06-01-2002, 10:47 PM
whoaaa talk about being obsessed. u guys are analyzing this like crazy, go play some gamecube instead.

Ginkasa
06-01-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Night Stormer

hmm.. am i remembering right or does that clash with OoT? i thought when everythin went to hell this mother gave link to the tree, died, and he lost his family forever... i'm confused:confused: .

*sigh*

If you believe that the Zelda games fit together in a timeline then you have to believe that there are different Links and different Zeldas in a few of the games because otherwise it just doesn't fit, such as now. The Link in Celda is a different Link from the one in OoT and MM and because of what we know of the story he is also a new Link we haven't met yet.

DeathsHand
06-01-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Link1130

*sigh*

If you believe that the Zelda games fit together in a timeline then you have to believe that there are different Links and different Zeldas in a few of the games because otherwise it just doesn't fit, such as now. The Link in Celda is a different Link from the one in OoT and MM and because of what we know of the story he is also a new Link we haven't met yet.

Yeah exactly... it's annoying trying to stick the zelda's together...

I think there are two likely situations for the series...

a: There are multiple links and zeldas and it takes place over different generations...

b: The stories aren't meant to tie together at all... with the exceptions of the ones that are DIRECTLY linked like OoT and MM...

but I'm talking NES games compared to LttP... LttP compared to OoT and MM... maybe the Zelda series doesn't seem to fit together right because it's not supposed to... Nintendo made this game called the Legend of Zelda... everyone loved it... and everyone liked Link... and since they had to keep zelda (legend of zelda, duh), they kept Link to... but they just stick him in different adventures not related to each other... just making up totally new stories... Similar to how FF has a totally new adventure each game... but in this case, it has the same characters too... :D

but I've said that before :unsure:

Jin
06-02-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Ric
http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Gamecube_Zelda_24.jpg

I don't think I know anyone that calls their sisters or brothers by their titles. I just can't imagine saying, "Hello younger sister" to my sis'.

Drunk Hobbit
06-02-2002, 01:04 AM
Well, they do that in Japanese...and you know how those translators are...

bobcat
06-02-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Jin

I don't think I know anyone that calls their sisters or brothers by their titles. I just can't imagine saying, "Hello younger sister" to my sis'.

Link is Big Brother?!?!? I knew it.

*report to the diary room*

For ne of u that watch big brother, I'm sure you would have enjoyed reading that post :unsure:

Night Stormer
06-02-2002, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

Yeah exactly... it's annoying trying to stick the zelda's together...

I think there are two likely situations for the series...

a: There are multiple links and zeldas and it takes place over different generations...

b: The stories aren't meant to tie together at all... with the exceptions of the ones that are DIRECTLY linked like OoT and MM...

but I'm talking NES games compared to LttP... LttP compared to OoT and MM... maybe the Zelda series doesn't seem to fit together right because it's not supposed to... Nintendo made this game called the Legend of Zelda... everyone loved it... and everyone liked Link... and since they had to keep zelda (legend of zelda, duh), they kept Link to... but they just stick him in different adventures not related to each other... just making up totally new stories... Similar to how FF has a totally new adventure each game... but in this case, it has the same characters too... :D

but I've said that before :unsure:

heh, i guess i get it now... heh =/ ya i do :p anyways....
*runs away*

Revival
06-02-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
Link is Big Brother?!?!? I knew it.

*report to the diary room*

For ne of u that watch big brother, I'm sure you would have enjoyed reading that post :unsure:
<off topic>

Big Brother 3 is starting here soon.. I'm actually going to watch this series, and maybe even subscribe online!

</off topic>

bobcat
06-02-2002, 08:17 AM

<off topic>

Big Brother 3 is starting here soon.. I'm actually going to watch this series, and maybe even subscribe online!

</off topic>

There's a smiley for that you know!

:offtopic:

Yeh at first I thought it was crap, but watching people doing stupid things is actually fun.

Ginkasa
06-02-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Jin

My little brother called me "Brudder" when he was two or three....

:unsure:

Angrist
06-03-2002, 09:30 AM
Blast. I really don't know what you're talking about. Ric's pics don't work. The site he gave doesn't work either. :(