PDA

View Full Version : Relationships: Please read

Wilson
01-23-2002, 06:32 PM
I would like to hear your thoughts on relationships between two would be "lovers" for lack of a better word. Have any of you ever been in long term relationships? Meaning more than a year. Ones that had just gone sour? If so, what was it that ended it for you? Did he/she cheat on you? Did you cheat on them? Was it something you found out about them that just turned you off, or vice versa? Did you virgins ever get to the point when you thought "this is the time"? You know what I'm referring to so don't be coy.

Before my wife, there was this one girl (long term) who I thought I could easily be with the rest of my life. Well, obviously things didn't work out that way. We were practically doing everything with each other, other than actual intercourse, and when we were reaching that horizon, I noticed a change in the look in her eyes. Something that bothered me... a loss of interest perhaps? I don't know, but I was really insecure about it, and one day we just stopped talking, phoning, going out, everything. Like someone had just poured a bucket of cold water on me. It was weird, and I haven't spoken to her since. Man, that's ********up isn't it? I never really noticed it until now... hmmm.

Perfect Stu
01-23-2002, 06:40 PM
:hmm:

I think this topic is a little too "personal"

Perfect Stu
01-23-2002, 06:42 PM
by the way, what does a dirty old man like you want to know about teenage relationships?

Shadow Fox
01-23-2002, 06:55 PM
Well, to outline my love life would be like this:

3 year relationship from 7th to 10th grade: she cheated on me, and I beat the guy up.

Rest of 10th grade- beginning of 12th: I was a whore, simply put. (Mike, that isn't a swear word, is it??) Went out with everyone at my school and rival schools. At my job, and out-of-town girlfriends. Cheated on numerous "girlfriends" for a 3-year revenge spree, or so I thought...

End of 12th-now: High School sweetheart ditched me for the prom to go with some other cat. So I went with another chick. Fell in love with her, proposed to her, she broke off the wedding, and later the relationship 3 1/2 years later. 1 Year later- still single, and flirting with all sorts of women, working out the "kinks", I suppose...:unsure: Nightclubs are no longer the spot for me; Malls are....;) Still lookin' for that special someone, and if I have my it way, that will be eons from now....

Wilson
01-23-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
by the way, what does a dirty old man like you want to know about teenage relationships?

Umm... old?

Perfect Stu
01-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Wilson

Umm... old?

I meant oldER...than most of us 14-16 year olds

Andromida_
01-23-2002, 07:41 PM
G this sounds just a little familiar to me. But I'm not really going to tell my story because it will basicly take all day and Shooter won't believe me anyway.

Perfect Stu
01-23-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Andromida_
G this sounds just a little familiar to me. But I'm not really going to tell my story because it will basicly take all day and Shooter won't believe me anyway.

Andromida...welcome back!

Mechadragon
01-23-2002, 07:53 PM
Yeah haven't seen you in a long time.

Andromida_
01-23-2002, 07:54 PM
Thanks it's glad to be back. Havn't been here in awhile, oh well doesn't look like I missed much.

fingersman
01-23-2002, 10:21 PM
All my relations ended with my girlfriends dumping me because...............

I was to sexy for them :stud::stud:
yup yup :D

Ginkasa
01-23-2002, 10:23 PM
My relationships haven't existed yet.....

GameMaster
01-23-2002, 10:38 PM
Relationships! where? *starts looking around* Uh... I mean, yeah, I'm single. :(

N8
01-23-2002, 10:46 PM
I'm 18, haven't ever gone out. Tried to ask a girl out a few days ago and it blew up in my face...kinda. I think I can salvage it. The problem is that while talking to her to ask her out, she asked if I like another girl, who asked me if I like the girl I was now calling, and to make it even more complicated, they are friends. I couldn't say no. Call me stupid or whatever, but I don't lie. I think we can work it out tho. So I guess I don't really apply to this topic since I haven't even had a long term relationship, or any for that matter, but it is chick problems, so it fits sorta.

GameMaster
01-24-2002, 01:56 AM
Hey don't worry man, things will look up :)

Fez
01-24-2002, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by N8
I'm 18, haven't ever gone out. Tried to ask a girl out a few days ago and it blew up in my face...kinda. I think I can salvage it. The problem is that while talking to her to ask her out, she asked if I like another girl, who asked me if I like the girl I was now calling, and to make it even more complicated, they are friends. I couldn't say no. Call me stupid or whatever, but I don't lie. I think we can work it out tho. So I guess I don't really apply to this topic since I haven't even had a long term relationship, or any for that matter, but it is chick problems, so it fits sorta.

Congratulations. Compared to most of these pissweak forum members, myself included, you're one of the only ones that has actually taken the courage to ask someone out. It's a pity it didn't work out, but you didn't lose anything did you.

Me...well no. I had a like this good chick and everything, but she was a loony and we broke up. She said "did I love her" I said "uhh..dunno". Haha. And ShadowFox, the first paragraph is amusing.

Sounding a little angsty there Wilson buddy, don't worry it'll all pull through...hopefully...hmm...eer..*runs*

Shadow_Link
01-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Well, as you know, I just got married. I have only been in one releationship, and it is this existing one... It has lasted for atleast 9 years, and is still going strong. I'll be 21 in a 4 days... I just hope things never change.

Revival
01-24-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Andromida_
:rolleyes:

Anyways, in answer to the original question - yes - more than a year, but then ended - blah, blah, blah. You know the story. If not, make one up that makes me look good :D

BigJustinW
01-24-2002, 03:25 PM
I used to go out with a Girl for my junior and senior year (about 1.5 years)

when we left HS, we decided to break up... but keep what we really wanted from each-other

and I'm not talking about friendship(even though that also did stay)

Revival
01-24-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
I used to go out with a Girl for my junior and senior year (about 1.5 years)

when we left HS, we decided to break up... but keep what we really wanted from each-other

and I'm not talking about friendship(even though that also did stay)
Friendship after dating is just plain akward. Especially if you knew (shared) a lot about that person (with that person).

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-24-2002, 03:28 PM
Agreed, get a set and ask the woman/man out already

lol

What's the worst that can happen. she says no.

Oh well. move on

BigJustinW
01-24-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Shooter

Friendship after dating is just plain akward. Especially if you knew (shared) a lot about that person (with that person).

Not really... it depends on what drove your relationship in the first place... If one person dumps another person, that's one thing, but our relationship was about 99.9% sex... and 0.1% friendship, and we both knew it... so we are in a mutual relationship now... we are not in love, but we, um, meet each other occasionally, to, um, do, um things.

Joeiss
01-24-2002, 03:34 PM
Haha... My relationship life is quite funny... and probably the reverse for a lot of people. In grade school I was quite the player, lol. Ever since grade 1 I was flirting with girls and such. I had a long term relationship from the beginning of grade 5 until end of grade 6, that girl dumped me, because she is a psycho hose-beast.

Then in grades 7 and 8 I had about three or four girlfriends... But nothin serious, and only lasted about a month or so each.

And ever since I have reached highschool I havent had a girlfriend... I halfway through grade 10 now... and there is a girl that I am beginning to like. So hopefully things with her will work out.

Revival
01-24-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
Not really... it depends on what drove your relationship in the first place... If one person dumps another person, that's one thing, but our relationship was about 99.9% sex... and 0.1% friendship, and we both knew it... so we are in a mutual relationship now... we are not in love, but we, um, meet each other occasionally, to, um, do, um things.
Well, that's how my breakup went. One person dumped another.

Both people are over it now though :)

And you have fun when you meant and do.. things. :unsure:

Revival
01-24-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
I halfway through grade 10 now... and there is a girl that I am beginning to like. So hopefully things with her will work out.
You can do it! You can do it all night long! :D:D:D

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-24-2002, 03:37 PM
gotta love Casual Sex Justin

lol

BigJustinW
01-24-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by D_Beckham7
gotta love Casual Sex Justin

lol

:hump:

lol, I was trying not too use those words, cause there are too many kids around... even though I made it pretty damn obvious ;)

Revival
01-24-2002, 03:43 PM
I don't think you have to worry about kids seeing something that's inappropriate - there's enough sex topics around.

Joeiss
01-24-2002, 03:57 PM
I don't think you have to worry about kids seeing something that's inappropriate - there's enough sex topics around.

I know! It is kinda wierd.. oh well!

Revival
01-24-2002, 03:58 PM
Ehh.. welcome to 2002.

Welcome to 2002 at the GT forums.

Xantar
01-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
Well, as you know, I just got married. I have only been in one releationship, and it is this existing one... It has lasted for atleast 9 years, and is still going strong. I'll be 21 in a 4 days... I just hope things never change.

Wait a second...

*does math*

You've known her since you were 11 or 12 years old?!? :eek:

How did you manage that? Most of the time, one person matures faster than the other and decides he/she wants different things in a relationship than the other. And then things go downhill from there.

I'm not saying it can't happen. Hey, my parents met in high school which isn't that much later than the age you met your wife. I just find it interesting that anybody can manage to hold on to a relationship like that for so long through the growing years.

I personally have never known anyone for more than 5 years. :(

LoudHowardZERO
01-24-2002, 05:23 PM
What can I say... I repel women... I doubt I'll have any relation ships to talk about.... ever....

Joeiss
01-24-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by LoudHowardZERO
What can I say... I repel women... I doubt I'll have any relation ships to talk about.... ever....

I think it might be your hair.

Shadow_Link
01-24-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Xantar

Wait a second...

*does math*

You've known her since you were 11 or 12 years old?!? :eek:

How did you manage that? Most of the time, one person matures faster than the other and decides he/she wants different things in a relationship than the other. And then things go downhill from there.

I'm not saying it can't happen. Hey, my parents met in high school which isn't that much later than the age you met your wife. I just find it interesting that anybody can manage to hold on to a relationship like that for so long through the growing years.

I personally have never known anyone for more than 5 years. :(

Hey, I thought you of all people would know? Well yes, you are right, we have been together for that long. Even more surprising though, is the fact that we were friends even before the age of 11. If I can do my math correctly, I have 'known' Hayley for 14 years. I also have some 'other' friends I have known for around that long. Not only is she my wife, but my best friend...

GameMaster
01-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by LoudHowardZERO

Not with that lame @$$ attitude. ;) Come Howard, perk up

Andromida_
01-24-2002, 09:06 PM

Well, that's how my breakup went. One person dumped another.

Both people are over it now though :)

And you have fun when you meant and do.. things. :unsure:
You say your over it but then again you don't seem like it.

Xantar
01-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link

Hey, I thought you of all people would know?

How could I have known? Contrary to what some people believe, I don't have a secret underground cache of files on every person in the world where I can dig up their personal lives for my biographies. All I know about you and everyone else is what you post about yourself.

It's just that I'm the only one who seems to remember a lot of the junk I write about...:unsure:

Andromida, please keep whatever's going on between you and Shooter between you and Shooter. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with your post, but I just want to let you know that this forum is not the place to be discussing your relationship with someone else.

TheGrimReaper
01-25-2002, 12:54 AM
Ive been with my girlfriend for about 6 months.

People say I am too young to have a girlfreind, but what is wrong with having fun with the person I am attractred to.

Mechadragon
01-25-2002, 12:58 AM
You too young? I know 1st graders that have "girlfriends". Not really sure what they do though....:unsure:

GameMaster
01-25-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Mechadragon
You too young? I know 1st graders that have "girlfriends". Not really sure what they do though....:unsure:

First Grade Relationship: :Poke:

Mechadragon
01-25-2002, 01:09 AM
I think they like "pretend" to be together or something.