PDA

View Full Version : You are dead!

Teuthida
03-18-2010, 05:28 PM
What do you want done with your body?

Typhoid
03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I want to be buried.
I've actually had this conversation a few times with my mom, because she wants to be cremated.

But for me, being cremated means you're completely gone, sure you can have a headstone or something for people to go to but there is absolutely no physical trace that you ever even existed left. If you're buried, sure you may be in the ground and decomposing but you're still there. Plus I've always been really attached to the city I grew up in, and have some family (who also grew up here) buried in the cemetery, and as morbid as it seems I'd want to be buried there. Not to mention Terry Fox is buried there - so I mean come on.

I won't get into what my personal beliefs are, but being buried for me - is the only way to go. Keep the vessel in tact, keep the soul.

Combine 017
03-18-2010, 08:11 PM
I want to be buried, in hopes that one day I rise from the grave as a zombie.

Dylflon
03-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Cremated and spread somewhere (perhaps in water).

Quickest way back into the circle of life. Like...maybe some fish will eat my ashes on accident. Or perhaps I'll help fertilize some form of plant.

BlueFire
03-21-2010, 02:43 PM
I think I'd like to donate my body for science when I die (specifically, as one of the cadavers in those med school classes). Whatever remains are left, cremate them, I suppose.

My mom wants the entire family buried, though. Haha.

Swan
03-21-2010, 04:47 PM
I picked other though it does take cremation.

Cremation, then have my ashes shot into space.

I need to get rich

TheSlyMoogle
03-21-2010, 07:58 PM
http://www.greenburials.org/

This.

I saw it on 6 feet under several years ago.

Teuthida
03-21-2010, 09:16 PM
^ That's what was done at the only burial I've been to. My great uncle was wrapped naked in a sheet and laid to rest. I was always put off by the idea of being buried until I saw that. Liked how simple and natural it was.

EDIT: Well not exactly like that after looking at the links. Was still a normal, if plain looking, cemetery.

Still not sure what I'd want. Thought it would be nice to have a tree planted directly above me so I'd become part of it.

TheSlyMoogle
03-22-2010, 02:51 PM
^ That's what was done at the only burial I've been to. My great uncle was wrapped naked in a sheet and laid to rest. I was always put off by the idea of being buried until I saw that. Liked how simple and natural it was.

EDIT: Well not exactly like that after looking at the links. Was still a normal, if plain looking, cemetery.

Still not sure what I'd want. Thought it would be nice to have a tree planted directly above me so I'd become part of it.

Oh from my understanding you have to be buried in certain places that way. Like against some state laws and stuff apparently. Definitely much cheaper on the fam too.

I also don't want a traditional funeral or viewing.

Basically told my friends I would prefer it if they all got drunk and hung out or something. I don't need 50 people to show up and be like "Oh it's so sad" when probably few of them know me. I don't know if you guys know people like this, might be a southern thing, but there's always like a lot of people in southern rural communities who go to almost every funeral to be seen kinda. Like when my Grandfather and Grandmother died, all these people just showed up outta nowhere, people who I hadn't seen before in my life, to the viewings and also funerals. People who not even my parents knew.

Also when my friend Channing died in a car accident our senior year like everyone in the community came out to the funeral, and like really those of us who did know him well were sitting in a back room of the funeral parlor, sorta a stock room, actually remembering him and stuff. While all these adults and people who had never even talked to him in high school came out to the viewing "Oh it's so sad"

Why are you there?

It was pretty much that experience that made me dislike the viewing/funeral process. Like I said, would much rather have my friends build a bonfire around my grave and drink until the wee hours of the morning and actually have a good time, while I rot underground and return to the earth. :D

Seth
03-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Cremation, or sailor style, just over the side of a boat.

FuzzTop
03-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I want the same treatment as gene roddenberry. After death, he was cremated and scattered into space. I want to also be sent into space, but not cremated, I prefer to be put in an airtight tungsten casket and fired off into an unknown quadrant of space.

KillerGremlin
03-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I don't think I'm going to care much, since I'll be dead.

There is a romance to being buried and preserving your body. Although I have a phobia of both being buried and cremation, I also have come to the conclusion that having a phobia of such things is retarded.

Unless I was being buried or cremated alive. But let's hope it never comes to that. :lolz:

Typhoid
03-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Unless I was being buried or cremated alive. But let's hope it never comes to that.

Heaven forbid both!

Combine 017
03-24-2010, 02:40 AM
I want to be put in a coffin and fired out into space.
Then maybe in a billion years some aliens will find my corpse and make a clone or something. That or be shot into space with an FTL drive, then my corpse would be forever flying though space moving faster than the speed of light.

Angrist
03-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Cremated because it's cheaper. And my family is ok with that.