PDA

View Full Version : Phrases/words/terms that make you cringe...

KillerGremlin
03-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I've heard numerous people address me as "bro" in the past year. This level of douchebaggery is not acceptable.

What terms make you cringe?

Typhoid
03-01-2010, 02:48 PM
"Totes", or any slang snowboarding term. "Shred the gnar", "fresh pow", etc.

Either talk like a tool 12 months of the year, or not at all. Liking a fad such as snowboarding doesn't give you the right to talk like a retard only 3 months of the year.

Teuthida
03-01-2010, 03:30 PM
(Epic) fail, lulz, bro, brah

Dyne
03-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Bro has made a surging recovery. My old boss came up with a new bro- term every day. I'm pretty sure he started the word Bromance.

To be honest.. the word "Buddy" annoys me. Not up the wall annoy, but it's just used way too much.

BlueFire
03-01-2010, 10:59 PM
(Epic) fail, lulz, bro, brah

I hate hearing people exclaim "fail!" and then think it was hilarious

Dylflon
03-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Bro has made a surging recovery. My old boss came up with a new bro- term every day. I'm pretty sure he started the word Bromance.

To be honest.. the word "Buddy" annoys me. Not up the wall annoy, but it's just used way too much.

Brotel Rwanda, Broman Polanski, Broseidon King of the Brocean, Broblerone...

Krypton
03-02-2010, 12:26 AM
the amount of times people can use the word "like" in a sentence/explanation gets quite annoying. "fer", "yr", or when anyone uses more letter's that a word calls for, example: "what's upppp?" or "thaaat's coool" just makes me wonder how obnoxious someone can really be.

Xantar
03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
"I could care less"

You're using it to say the opposite of what it actually means, people! That one extra syllable is not that hard to say.

Typhoid
03-03-2010, 10:13 PM
"I could care less"

You're using it to say the opposite of what it actually means, people! That one extra syllable is not that hard to say.

I always correct people when they say this, then I feel like an asshole for correcting them.
Then I assure myself I'm not an asshole because they're the idiots.

TheSlyMoogle
03-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I always correct people when they say this, then I feel like an asshole for correcting them.
Then I assure myself I'm not an asshole because they're the idiots.

I usually just let this go these days. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that knows it should be "couldn't" but then I get online and someone corrects someone for saying this and I'm like "Oh ok, good."

I assume this is a problem none of you ever have to deal with but around here there are a lot of people with thick redneck accents going on and perhaps the two worst words to hear are wash and fire, which come out "worsh" and "Far"

It's the dumbest thing ever when someone says shit like that. For realz.

Angrist
03-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I read something awefull 2 days ago (translated from Dutch):

"Inspired on true facts"
How wrong is that??? In Dutch it sounds even a bit worse (inspired on really happened facts).