PDA

View Full Version : MAFIA Scooby Doo Round 2

Dylflon
02-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Alright, so here's the stuff that happened.

The vigilante took it upon himself to make an arrest. He set a cleverly placed trap that no thieving ghost could resist! When the suspect stepped into the snare, the vigilante quickly trapped the suspect in a cage and brought him to the lock-up.
But ZOINKS! It was like, Scooby Doo (Xantar) wrapped up in a bed sheet, man!

While all this was happening, the ghosts abducted a villager (Typhoid).

The townsfolk needed a scapegoat, and the most likely culprit was obviously that cactus-loving Swan. Clearly up to no good. Too bad he was innocent.

Removed from game in Round 1:
Xantar - Scooby Doo (Guardian on even rounds) -taken out by vigilante
Typhoid - Villager - taken out by mafia
Swan - Villager - taken out by vote

Player List:

01. Thespis721
02. The Germanator
03. Bond
04. takegiantsteps
05. Teuthida
06. Bube
07. ridkidjory
08. Schadenfreude
09. magus113
10. TheSlyMoogle
11. Nighthawk
12. Combine 017
13. jeepnut
14. BreakABone
15. thatmariolover
16. manasecret
17. ZebraRampage

Germanator didn't make his two posts or his votes. One more round like this and he's out. :O

Round ends an hour early tomorrow (February 28th) at 9:59 am PST/12:59 pm Eastern

Dylflon
02-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Seriously though, I'm just removing players who don't do their posts and votes in more than one round.

ridkidjory has a pass for one round.

thatmariolover
02-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Epic fail vigilante. Ugh.

BlueFire
02-27-2010, 02:29 PM
WTF? Seriously?

ZebraRampage
02-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah, sucks on the vigilante's part. I'm not surprised that Swan was good though. I get the feeling that the village usually votes off a good guy from the start. At least we didn't vote off a special as well though. Sorry Swan :-\

Xantar
02-27-2010, 02:32 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/128849649011659461.jpg

Combine 017
02-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Thats what you get for taking my number, Cactus!

And yes, vigilante fail.

Schadenfreude
02-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Well that was unexpected.

Bond
02-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Wow, the vigilante is quite the idiot.

magus113
02-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Good job vigilante

BreakABone
02-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Seems like I live to die another day, another day, another day....

Let's see, I guess since we were able to knock out 3 members of the village including one special, we may as well start the finger pointing.

We can continue with the original assumption about the mana-hate or work on voting patterns.

Who voted for Swan, who joined in at the last moment, etc.

Bond
02-27-2010, 03:10 PM
I have a busy day ahead of me, so time to get my vote in early.

I'm going to go back to my original statement that BaB is too tricky to leave in the game.

!Vote BreakABone

Typhoid
02-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I say this is probably for the best considering I have my 4th concussion and shouldn't do much on the computer for the next few months.
Cheers.

ZebraRampage
02-27-2010, 03:30 PM
I say this is probably for the best considering I have my 4th concussion and shouldn't do much on the computer for the next few months.
Cheers.

I hope it gets better then.

I'm going to go back to my original statement that BaB is too tricky to leave in the game.

!Vote BreakABone

Bond, wrong color I think.

manasecret
02-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Phew. I made it through. I didn't think Swan was mafia, but I didn't want to die so early.

Now... to think.

Schadenfreude
02-27-2010, 03:37 PM

!Vote BreakABone

Exactly. He can't be trusted.

!Vote BreakABone

BreakABone
Phew. I made it through. I didn't think Swan was mafia, but I didn't want to die so early.

Now... to think.

I still don't think you are off the hook, why should we trust you after last round?

Bond
Wow, you would think this is my first mafia game.

!Vote BreakABone

thatmariolover
02-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I really wasn't trying to kill you off Mana. You only had one vote at the time and BaB had three. First round is always a shot in the dark. Then again... So are most subsequent rounds I guess.

Should probably remember that in the case of the vigilante. Epic fail, yes. Idiocy, possibly not.

Anyway, gonna mirror-vote from last round.

!Vote Jeepnut

jeepnut
02-27-2010, 04:35 PM

And yes, vigilante fail.

You shouldn't be happy that we killed off a villager.

!vote Combine 017

magus113
02-27-2010, 04:50 PM

And yes, vigilante fail.

Really Combine, I'm gonna have to agree with jeepnut, it is a little strange that you're glad about this.
!vote Combine 017

Combine 017
02-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Im not happy that we killed a villager, but he did take my number! :mad:

And I was the first to vote for him, you should be looking at the others who voted for him without a real reason. And if I was mafia, why would I openly give myself away like that. Seems like you are trying to draw attention to my silly grudge and get rid of another villager?

!vote Jeepnut

BreakABone
02-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Combine, Jeepnut, you are missing the large picture, the person trying to vote me out!

!Vote Schadenfreude

ZebraRampage
02-27-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm not sure what to do. There seems to be a lot of back and forth regarding Combine.

Bube
02-27-2010, 05:40 PM
I think I know who to vote for. My vote for Xantar last round got some people talking.. Think carefully people..

Combine 017
02-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Combine, Jeepnut, you are missing the large picture, the person trying to vote me out!

Bond voted for you too.

thatmariolover
02-27-2010, 06:02 PM
I think I know who to vote for. My vote for Xantar last round got some people talking.. Think carefully people..

Your vote for Xantar was a vote for a Guardian. Why would that lead us to trust you?

Bond voted for you too.

I tried telling him that Bond started the BaB voting train twice now. But he seems to have his own theory.

Nighthawk
02-27-2010, 06:33 PM
i'm sticking to my vote

!vote Bube

Teuthida
02-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Nice to see that that those deemed guilty are captured rather than killed. Not even a Scooby-Snack could fix that.

Although saying "Jinkie this muthafucka" befores Velma blows someone away would just make good television.

!vote takegiantsteps

Go Washington Generals!

jeepnut
02-27-2010, 08:16 PM
After reading everything over, I'm feeling very suspicious of Mana, Zebra, and SlyMoogle. Sly because he's been posting mostly throwaway posts that don't say much. Zebra because he's putting forth a lot of theories that read to me like a smoke screen. And Mana because I'm beginning to think he did the who Enchanter thing to totally confuse us. It's a low risk, high reward gamble if he really is the Enchanter.

Now who to vote for...

!retract Combine 017

!vote ZebraRampage

TheSlyMoogle
02-27-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm going to have to go with Mana. After pulling the enchanter stunt, he confused most of the first round. He was posting every 5 minutes it seemed trying to save himself. Thanks to his random posts, we lost Swan, a good villager. My theory is Mana is a regular mafioso, trying to pretend to be enchanter first, then a villager second to confuse us. If he is enchanter, then this will be a vote that reveals him to us, and we'll know not to vote for him again, until we're sure all mafia members are gone. If he is however just a regular mafia member, then... I say we get Mana out of this game before he can cause anymore trouble, and let the mafia get to us all.

!Vote Mana

jeepnut
02-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Vote Count:

BaBs - 2
jeepnut - 2
Combine 017 - 1
Schadenfreude - 1
Bube - 1
takinggiantsteps - 1
ZebraRampage - 1
Manasecret - 1

Bond
02-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Schadenfreude is suspiciously quiet, and jumped on the BaB bandwagon after I cast the first vote.

!Retract BreakABone

!Vote Schadenfreude

Combine 017
02-27-2010, 10:02 PM
I have a few theorys up in the air.
Lets say Earl isnt mafia and hes right about Schadenfreude.
So we vote him off, and if he is mafia, then we know BaBs can be trusted, but if he isnt then BaBs was wrong and theres a good chance he is mafia so we vote him off next round. We can worry about Manas shenanigans later. Sound good to anyone else?

!retract Jeepnut

!vote Schadenfreude

BreakABone
02-27-2010, 10:17 PM
So we vote him off, and if he is mafia, then we know BaBs can be trusted, but if he isnt then BaBs was wrong and theres a good chance he is mafia so we vote him off next round. We can worry about Manas shenanigans later. Sound good to anyone else?

!retract Jeepnut

!vote Schadenfreude

There's one hole in your theory, but I'll bite

If Schadenfreude is innocent, I'll take the fall and even vote for myself.

Thespis721
02-27-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm not convinced by these theories. Everything seems very shot in the dark. I was hoping in this last round at least someone would hit right and get the ball rolling on some evidence.

!vote mana

BlueFire
02-27-2010, 11:40 PM
I have no clue who to vote for, especially since I haven't been particularly attentive this round. I don't know when I'm going to be able to vote again, or if I'll be conscious before 12:59 PM.. so..I guess I'll vote now. I'm placing my trust in BaB's judgment, especially his last post.

!vote Schadrenfreude

*crosses fingers*

BlueFire
02-27-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm not convinced by these theories. Everything seems very shot in the dark. I was hoping in this last round at least someone would hit right and get the ball rolling on some evidence.

!vote mana

Wait, what? The vote for mana is certainly a shot in the dark, too. What evidence do you have for his mafioso-nature?

ZebraRampage
02-28-2010, 01:04 AM

!retract Jeepnut

!vote Schadenfreude

During these first two rounds it seems like BaB has been a subject of mistrust, so maybe it would be good to clear this up. Schadenfreude also has the most votes so far, and nobody else is standing out, so I'm thinking I'll go with him too. Also, he has been really quiet, which is characteristic of the mafia being low key, as was said previously in this topic. I just can't remember who said it.

I think any vote is a shot in the dark too, but since there's a majority forming that has some theory behind it in what combine said, then I'll join.

Jeepnut, how do my theories read like a smoke screen? What I said about mana was very simplified. I know I changed my mind, but I did it because I really started to think he was joking. I don't know what else I can say about it.

!vote Schadenfreude

Bube
02-28-2010, 01:19 AM
Your vote for Xantar was a vote for a Guardian. Why would that lead us to trust you?

When you think about it, there's no way I could've known that Xantar was the guardian. It was just a blind vote, based on a tiny suspicion.

Anyway, after reading the thread, I decide to !vote ZebraRampage

magus113
02-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Oh Schadenfreude. From knowing how things go in the past mafias, I think the theory of the quiet ones is gonna have to apply to you.

Also no hard feelings Combine, I was seriously kinda taking jeepnut's first suggestion and running with it especially since I was still shooting in the dark as far as reasoning for voting went. SO:

!retract Combine 017
!vote Schadenfreude

TheSlyMoogle
02-28-2010, 02:33 AM
I will hop onto this Schadenfreude bandwagon in hopes that we are correct.

!Retract Mana

!Vote Schadenfreude

I persist that mana must be voted next round, I say this now for it may be my last chance.

Teuthida
02-28-2010, 02:53 AM
Jumping on bandwagons isn't good for the suspension.

TheSlyMoogle
02-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Jumping on bandwagons isn't good for the suspension.

I didn't jump, I hopped. Much lighter than jumping.

Schadenfreude
02-28-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm only quiet because I don't usually post here. :P Earl kept prodding me to join.

manasecret
02-28-2010, 10:31 AM
I will hop onto this Schadenfreude bandwagon in hopes that we are correct.

!Retract Mana

!Vote Schadenfreude

I persist that mana must be voted next round, I say this now for it may be my last chance.

Last chance, because you and the mafia are taking me out this round? Hmm...

!vote TheSlyMoogle

TheSlyMoogle
02-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Last chance, because you and the mafia are taking me out this round? Hmm...

!vote TheSlyMoogle

No because you and the mafia are taking me out!

Nighthawk
02-28-2010, 11:06 AM
hmmm i agree with combine's theory about Schadenfreude and Bab

!retract Bube

!vote Schadenfreude

thatmariolover
02-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Final count:

Schadenfreude - 7
ZebraRampage - 2
BreakaBone - 1
jeepnut - 1