PDA

View Full Version : LOST Tonight (2/23) - "Lighthouse"

Dylflon
02-23-2010, 10:34 PM
WHACHA!

Gotta figure out what channel I can watch this in HD since CTV is covering Olympics.

Fox 6
02-23-2010, 11:41 PM
What a crazy episode. just wow.

1. WTF Claire?!
2. We now have a good idea what the numbers are based on
3. WTF Claire?!

Bond
02-24-2010, 01:43 AM
I felt like this episode was trying to give the false impression Jacob is actually the bad guy?

Typhoid
02-24-2010, 03:06 AM
I felt like this episode was trying to give the false impression Jacob is actually the bad guy?

I personally think Jacob is the bad guy.
His goals seem to be more self-oriented. It seems to be him wanting to find a replacement so he can leave, regardless of what happens.

Also "fake Lock" said that everyone who was on the Island was visited at some point by Jacob pre-Island 'May have thought they were choosing their own path, but their path was already determined at that point.' or something to that effect. And when I think about it, it showed the flashback where Jacob had physical contact with everyone. So I see it like at that point, once he makes physical contact of you, you're sort of like a puppet. A puppet with free will and all that - but maybe your free will may or may not be skewed.

I also just think Jacob is the bad guy because it's Lost, and they like to flip things around a bunch of times.

Teuthida
02-24-2010, 04:45 AM
That lighthouse was very Myst-esque.

I was leaning towards Jacob being the badguy until Flocke showed up in Claire's nest. Making people abandon their babies and go crazy (would say she's like that from being alone for 3 years but she had her good friend Smokey McBlackerson for company) isn't a very nice guy sort of thing. Flocke is still much more likable a fellow than Jacob.

Dylflon
02-24-2010, 01:06 PM
I've noticed that this season is following the structure of the first season in terms of who gets an episode centered around them in what order.

1st Season: Jack - Kate - Locke - Jack --> Sun/Jin

6th Season: Jack - Kate - Locke - Jack

If I'm right, next episode will be about Jin and or Sun. Also, the episodes seem to deal with themes from those episodes in the first season.
For example, this ep in Season one was about Jack's issues with his father which now play out as issues with his kid He references how he followed his dad and found the caves which happened in the correlating first season episode.

manasecret
02-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Nice episode. Again some very interesting play on themes with Jack and his alternate universe son.

And Hurley is still my favorite character. :)

Hopefully the hype they built in the preview of the next episode is warranted. "Questions will be answered" they say. We'll see!

Typhoid
02-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Am I the only one who didn't know Jack had a kid, by the way?
How could I go 5 seasons without knowing this.

manasecret
02-24-2010, 04:49 PM
No, he didn't have a kid. He even confirms it in the same episode, telling Hurley he would be a terrible dad.

Typhoid
02-24-2010, 06:42 PM
So...if the two universes are the same up until they get on the plane, then split - how does he suddenly have a kid in the 'no-plane' scenario, and not on the 'island' scenario?

Teuthida
02-24-2010, 07:43 PM
That's the thing. They're different going back much further. Some folks think this timeline is what would happen if Jacob never pulled any strings.

Bond
02-24-2010, 09:18 PM
That's the thing. They're different going back much further. Some folks think this timeline is what would happen if Jacob never pulled any strings.
Then how would Locke still be alive?

Teuthida
02-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Hmm, he did bring him back to life....but then again Richard wouldn't have sought him out either.

So there's gotta be another reason everyone's life is different going back much further. Any ideas?

Bond
02-24-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure, but I do think it is a valid theory (ignoring the Locke problem).

Also, on whether Jacob is good or evil, I think this question mainly depends upon whether the island is good or evil, since Jacob is its "protector."

Fox 6
02-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Well if Locke is still on good terms with his father, it may be a completely different type of accident that put him in the chair, one that isn't as life threatening.