PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Civil War!

Bond
02-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Due to some suggestions, and my own thoughts, I have decided to create a forum specifically for political discourse and debate. This is partly to segregate these types of threads from Happy Hour, as many members do not enjoy the political debates, while others do.

All of the forum rules apply to this thread (including no personal attacks).

However, the forum will only be moderated if a user reports a post as violating the forum rules. Otherwise, myself and the moderators will not take any action.

Fox 6
02-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Shoot them all and let god sort them out.

Combine 017
02-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Shoot them all and let god sort them out.

Guh-od?

Teuthida
02-07-2010, 07:17 AM
But- but Animal Wars never finished. :(

Typhoid
02-08-2010, 02:10 AM
But- but Animal Wars never finished. :(

The main reason I wanted to keep that going was to get activity on the forum in the form of posts - which it wasn't getting at all. So me and Bond talked it over and I suggested to just convert it.

Angrist
02-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Nobody ever cares about the animals. :(

We should have gone for dinosaurs. Or plants. Or dirt!!!

Professor S
02-10-2010, 08:42 AM
To be honest, if you don't like political debates, you don't have to read the thread. The names of the posts are usually pretty indicative. I'm not sure I see the point of this.

Combine 017
02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
I like the idea.
It wraps everything up in a neat little package!

BreakABone
02-10-2010, 12:17 PM
To be honest, if you don't like political debates, you don't have to read the thread. The names of the posts are usually pretty indicative. I'm not sure I see the point of this.

That was my original objection to the forums, but on the same hand. It may spur discussions/threads that we wouldn't normally have in the Happy Hour forums. The same way the movies/TV/music forum while less active still feature more threads than we use to have on the subjects.

Professor S
02-10-2010, 12:23 PM
That was my original objection to the forums, but on the same hand. It may spur discussions/threads that we wouldn't normally have in the Happy Hour forums. The same way the movies/TV/music forum while less active still feature more threads than we use to have on the subjects.

I didn't think of it like that. It might work.

Professor S
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Recommendation: Move this down with movies/music/tv sections (no one seems to spend much time in the first forum) and rename it Politics. I'm not sure Civil War is the more descriptive title. Just a thought.