PDA

View Full Version : WebOS v. Android

Thespis721
01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey guys!

Not trying to start any kind of flame wars, though they are fun to read. Basically, I'm looking to upgrade and everyone and their mother's around here has an Android phone (Droid, Hero, G1, etc) but almost NO ONE has a WebOS phone (Pre, Pixi). I think mostly because barely anyone around here has Sprint.

But now the Pre and Pixi are moving to VZW and I'm upgrading my phone and wanted to see if I can get some outside thoughts about WebOS v Android on making my choice.

Thanks!

thatmariolover
01-14-2010, 02:27 PM
As far as an actual platform the WebOS is pretty solid. And for the time being it's competing fairly well with the Android. It's the future of WebOS that's not very clear.

I don't doubt that you'd enjoy a Pre Plus or Pixi Plus on Verizon. But the fact that it's not an Open OS and isn't overly popular makes me worry that it would be relatively short lived and will never garner the sort of support that Android or the iPhone are receiving from the development community.

Jonbo298
01-14-2010, 10:05 PM
I love my (Moto) DROID. It's pretty stable, a good variety of apps, and if you use GMail/other Google services it's golden. If you don't, it's hard to deal with.

Thespis721
01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
Well I definitely use gmail, maps, and Google Sync but never really got into any of the other services. Probably mostly because my current phone doesn't really support them all that well.

TheGame
01-16-2010, 04:54 AM
I love my driod. I can't really speak for the competition though