PDA

View Full Version : what is the safest way to cut yourself?

flamb
11-11-2009, 10:03 PM
before you guys go apeshit stupid, just let me clarify, i'm not talking suic-emo cutting, i mean cutting for fun. WHICH IS HARMLESS.
to reiterate my thread title,
SAFEST WAY
i know that horizontal is the way to go, but i still dont want to get infections and whatnot
me thinks i'd sterilize everything with alcohol swabs and then everything is free game, but i want to be sure
it seems like instead of digging in a starting point, it's better to sort of push in a flat blade and then swipe it across, debit card style. that actually gets results.
anyways, if anyone has cutting tips id like to hear them.

BreakABone
11-11-2009, 10:06 PM
So you are cutting for the fun of it?

Hmm I don't have tips, but just don't cut too deep, and remember it takes a while for scar tissues to heal.

ZebraRampage
11-11-2009, 10:11 PM
The safest way to cut yourself is probably not to cut yourself at all. I'm not sure how this is considered a fun activity. There's also still harm in cutting yourself, regardless of how big or little the cut is. Any open wound on the body can cause harm, and it seems like you're taking precautions by sterilizing, but I'd just say not to even go forward with this, but you're probably going to do what you want.

Vampyr
11-11-2009, 10:17 PM
before you guys go apeshit stupid, just let me clarify, i'm not talking suic-emo cutting, i mean cutting for fun. WHICH IS HARMLESS.

I don't think your reasoning circumvented the weirdness of it at all. :lolz:

flamb
11-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure how this is considered a fun activity.

see, i can't actually recommend cutting oneself, as it is self-destructive

but, i can't really say boozing up, smoking joints, or shooting up, is "good" either.
those are all bad things~
nobody should ever smoke a joint, just like nobody should ever see what cutting themselves is like....

Combine 017
11-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Haha, you're drunk right now arnt you?

Swan
11-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Lightsabre clearly.

It cauterizes the wound as it makes it

flamb
11-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Haha, you're drunk right now arnt you?

i dont drink.

i cut.

if i had any sort of mod power i would ban you for posting such an offensive post. but i will not. cause i cant.

Lightsabre clearly.

It cauterizes the wound as it makes it
that would be pretty cool if it existed. too bad

Swan
11-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Just get a powerful laser.

Or a really hot knife

Zen
11-12-2009, 01:00 PM
So....what's the point of this again? I mean, what's going to be "fun" about it? I am just curious...

thatmariolover
11-12-2009, 03:20 PM
see, i can't actually recommend cutting oneself, as it is self-destructive

but, i can't really say boozing up, smoking joints, or shooting up, is "good" either.
those are all bad things~
nobody should ever smoke a joint, just like nobody should ever see what cutting themselves is like....

Smoking a joint every now and again has a lot less risks than getting drunk on alcohol or directly inflicting bodily injury on yourself. I myself can relate to the enjoyment of pain. But generally I find tatoo's and piercings are a much more acceptable way of incurring it. And you have something to show for the pain afterwards other than scars.

Direct self-injurious behavior is not normal. If you want to discuss it, fine, but don't expect anybody here to take you seriously. There are safer ways to have a good time.

Professor S
11-12-2009, 03:39 PM
FYI, I'm locking this thread in the off-chance that someone actually posts "safe" ways to cut one's self. Flamb, if you are serious about this compulsion you need to get some professional help. Cutting is means of repressing bad feelings, using physical pain to hide emotional pain, and is not a healthy or safe way to address personal issues.