PDA

View Full Version : "It was a couple of black guys"

Typhoid
10-30-2009, 10:20 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/29/iowa.marker.disguise/index.html

"We're very skilled investigators and the black faces gave them right away," Cayler said jokingly. "I have to assume the officers were kind of laughing at the time. I've never heard of coloring your face with a permanent marker."

TheGame
10-30-2009, 12:46 PM
Of course having a black face automatically makes you a suspect

BreakABone
10-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Hmm... no one ever said white folks were smart.

If you are going to hide from the cops... don't try to look like the group they prosecute the most!

Teuthida
10-30-2009, 03:21 PM
I dunno, that first guy looks like he tried for a Batman mask. Well, Batwoman if you want to get technical.

http://ryanlb.com/images/dc/blogsize/batwoman-bust.jpg

Typhoid
10-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Hmm... no one ever said white folks were smart

I prefer European-American.

TheGame
10-30-2009, 10:08 PM
I prefer European-American.

That brings up an interesting subject.. I personally prefer to be called black, instead of african-american. lol

Typhoid
10-31-2009, 03:22 AM
That brings up an interesting subject.. I personally prefer to be called black, instead of african-american. lol

Well, that's totally fine - unless of course you were born in Africa and now are proud of your American heritage.

What makes me wet myself with sillyness is when Canadian politicians call Black people "African-American".

African-American sounds more demeaning. Like you're expecting the person to talk in clicks and eat your dog.

Angrist
11-02-2009, 06:22 AM
If you call a black person 'black' ('zwart') in the Netherlands, it sounds pretty racist. It's better to say dark (donker). I personally hate that the word negro (neger) has become racist. It's what they are. Like I'm... what am I anyway?
But now that it has gotten a racist undertone, I guess I won't use it anymore.
But what to call them then? Dutch Afro-American? :unsure: It will only last a couple of years, then it's become racist too and we'll have to find another new word.

Combine 017
11-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Like I'm... what am I anyway?

Aryan?

BreakABone
11-02-2009, 11:19 AM
If you call a black person 'black' ('zwart') in the Netherlands, it sounds pretty racist. It's better to say dark (donker). I personally hate that the word negro (neger) has become racist. It's what they are. Like I'm... what am I anyway?
But now that it has gotten a racist undertone, I guess I won't use it anymore.
But what to call them then? Dutch Afro-American? :unsure: It will only last a couple of years, then it's become racist too and we'll have to find another new word.

I always thought the word negro was rooted in Latin, which almost translates to black as well.

I just prefer to be called Earl. As far as forms go, either Jamaican American or Black American.

Combine 017
11-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I always thought the word negro was rooted in Latin, which almost translates to black as well.

I just prefer to be called Earl. As far as forms go, either Jamaican American or Black American.

And I prefer you to be called Three Dog.

Typhoid
11-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Because of Angrists post, I'm now calling Earl "Donker".

If you call a black person 'black' ('zwart') in the Netherlands, it sounds pretty racist. It's better to say dark (donker). I personally hate that the word negro (neger) has become racist. It's what they are.

I also laughed at the almost accidental ignorance of the "It's what they are."

And I'm fairly certain that negro is only frowned upon by some because of it's ties in with "nigger", and the fact old generations went to using it in a bad light.

KillerGremlin
11-03-2009, 03:33 PM
I prefer to refer to people by their name, or if I'm telling a story I just say "man" or "woman." But if I do get descriptive I go with Black or Black American. African American is a stupid generalization to apply to Black people because not everyone who is Black came from Africa.

But then you all look the same to me. White, Canadian, Asian, Black, Mexican. It gets the job done, and at the end of the day I'm only like 97% racist. :D