PDA

View Full Version : Stargate:Universe

haraziabb
10-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Anyone who was a fan of the stargate movie, stargate sg:1, stargate:atlatis, or the 2 follow up movies.....
this is a must see even if you don't watch the whole thing.
the theme seems to be taking the next step from atlantis and it seems the story is going to be more plausible even though what they start with is obviously completely surreal.
i downloaded the HD version of the first double episode, looks good i'm going to keep on watching
i hope they don't fall too much into the, "humans everywhere, but we the people that think sliced bread was our last major accomplishment will kick all y'alls asses", theme.

KillerGremlin
10-22-2009, 02:00 AM
At least you posted in the right board. These spam bots have almost reached singularity.

Professor S
10-29-2009, 09:26 AM
On a related note: I caught the first episode of Universe and thought it was quite good. The series seems to have eschewed the shiny 90's TNG look it had for a long time in in favor of a grittier BSG look and feel.

Vampyr
10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Lets turn this spam into a legit thread!

I've never watched Stargate, though...which series of it should I start with?

Professor S
10-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Honestly? Universe. I was never big fan of SG1 (MacGuyver saved it) and expecially not Atlantis.

Angrist
10-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Have any of you seen Farscape? I saw the first 2 episodes... and I'm not sure. It's ok, but I don't care about the characters. It also looks pretty been-there-done-that.

Professor S
11-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Farscape is the kind of sho you need to invest in. After a while the characters grow on you, and quite honestly Farscape has several shows that are some of the best sci-fi made in the last 30 years. I haven;t seen it in a while, so I can't name the episodes, but they are quality.

Angrist
11-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Guess it's not disappearing into the dustbin yet. Thanks. I'll see what I'll do with it.