PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC

Professor S
10-19-2009, 11:47 PM
How do you view MSNBC?

Teuthida
10-20-2009, 12:12 AM
All cable news sucks. When you have 24 hours to kill, things are going to get distorted.

Of course that's my opinion based on never watching any of them. I just see clips here and there. News should be news IMO. Not the opinion of Joe Schmoe rallying folks for their own beliefs and profit.

Vampyr
10-20-2009, 12:33 AM
I actually don't view MSNBC at all, so I dunno.

Bond
10-20-2009, 01:25 AM
If I recall correctly, MSNBC was originally a network similar to CNN (fairly moderate, with a slight liberal slant). But, after Fox News's success in appealing to a conservative audience, MSNBC attempted to become the Left Fox News Network. I believe this has mostly failed, as MSNBC's ratings are horrible.

BreakABone
10-20-2009, 01:40 AM
This is probably for another thread, but since we had two threads.

Does anyone think we have TOO much newS?

I mean we have at least 3 major 24 hour news network... not to mention ones dedicated to the financial market.

And there is only so much content to fill a single day yet 365 of them.

Angrist
10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
How do you view MSNBC? --> "Not at all."

Somehow I don't think thats the answer the way I meant it.

Professor S
10-20-2009, 11:40 AM
This is probably for another thread, but since we had two threads.

Does anyone think we have TOO much newS?

I mean we have at least 3 major 24 hour news network... not to mention ones dedicated to the financial market.

And there is only so much content to fill a single day yet 365 of them.

I don't think we have too much news, in fact, I don't believe there is news anymore. It's all become on huge, grotesque reality show. I'm waiting for the day when Flava Flav gives me the weather report.

TheGame
10-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Actually, I'm going to say that the opinion shows are pretty mixed on MSNBC. Maddow and Olberman are leaned towards the left, however morning joe and other shows seem to be more mixed. Scarborough is a conservative and he gets as much time or more then Olberman and Maddow.. Pat Buchanan comes on all the time too, don't get me started on that moron. Overall I'd say there's a bias in favor of dems, but the bias isn't as strong as Fox's is.

As for the news shows, they just tell the news how it is.

Professor S
10-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Don't forget Schultz.

DeathsHand
10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
I believe this has mostly failed, as MSNBC's ratings are horrible.

I thought their ratings have always been horrible... Probably why they figured they might as well try to pander to the far left. If they do. I don't watch them.

Typhoid
10-20-2009, 05:44 PM
I abstain to vote because I don't find a choice I agree with.

Anyways, I don't watch much major American news channels. A lot of it is propoganda-ish in the way the "newscasters" talk about things, then jump from assumption to assumption but word it in a way to make the viewer think that's actually what's happening.

Take the kid in the weather balloon (for example), after someone made mention of there possibly being a box on the bottom that may have fallen off, all they were reporting is that "It's been reported that the child was in a box that was on the bottom, now - we can't see a box on the bottom, so we really hope he didn't fall off." - If it's unconfirmed, why the hell even report it. I get you're trying to fill X hours on a slow day, but still.

Anyways, most of the news I get is from the newspaper or BBC World.

Professor S
10-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Typh, what choice would have liked to see?