PDA

View Full Version : Tavern Tales 24: The Day After

BreakABone
10-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I went back to the old name because no matter how often I change it, it will always be the central name. And the fact of the matter is, I haven't updated in some time so figured go with the familar for some constitency.

Anyhow, this is the start of something new. It feels.. no not gonna do it. :p
--------
Bond’s body betrayed him from top to bottom. He felt a sharp pain in his leg that would shoot up throughout the rest of his body when he tried to move it. His head thrashed about giving him even more pain. As he tried to open his eyes, the bright lights blurred his vision. Though he could not see clearly yet, one thing was apparent, he was not at the beach anymore.

His mind went to work, and even this caused him pain, trying to piece together what happened, but the last image he could remember was the metallic creature… or device… or something emerging out of the water.

But it wasn’t a creature, but it couldn’t be… I mean that made no sense.

As Bond’s vision returned to him, he could see that he was in what appeared to be a hospital room, but how did he get from the beach? Was this heaven? No, a leg injury wouldn’t take me out… though I did lose a lot of blood.

As these thoughts raced through his head, he could see two shadows passing by outside of his room. He went to shout out to them, but luckily he could not find his voice. When he attempted again, his brain reminded him that he was in an unknown location and did not know if the shadows were friends or foes.

He thought to himself, he almost made a grave tactical error. He had to find out so he pretended to fall back asleep, he would have the upper hand in their first encounter.
-_-_-_-_-_
As Bond laid in his bed waiting, he could hear the sounds of his door opening. He was certain he heard two distinct pair of footsteps. It wouldn’t be a problem for him to neutralizing one quickly, and hopefully his body could respond fast enough to takedown the second, but that person would need to remain conscious. He wanted answers.

He heard the footsteps draw closer, and the bodies they belong to spoke in a volume a little above a whisper. He could not hear what was being said. Then the footsteps stopped by the side of his bed.

The first voice spoke, it was clearly a female voice, Bond gathered she was in her late 20s, “There seems to be something wrong here.” He could hear her touching the dials that were on the machine connected to Bond.

The second voice spoke, and when the sound came out it startled Bond, he knew that voice, “What seems to be the problem doctor?”

It couldn’t be, but he was at the beach it would make sense. Bond opened his eyes just a little, he felt that the male voice would be focused on the doctor, it was a gamble, but he had to take it.

“According to these readings,” the female doctor said, “Bond should be awake right now.”

Bond took his peak, and his instincts were right, he sat up in the bed, “Jeepnut, what happened to you?”

His sudden movement startled both the doctor and Jeepnut. “Bond, good to see you are awake, no thanks for saving me or anything?”

Bond felt a bit of anger build up inside of him towards his friend, “Thanks for saving me? If I remember correctly, the last image of you I saw was you running away from a fight!”

Jeepnut swallowed hard at this comment, he knew Bond had been unconscious for the more than 24 hours, but he thought he remembered the beach rescue. “You don’t remember, do you?”

“Remember what?” Bond asked him sternly.

“How do you think you ended up in the hospital ward?”

Bond tried his hardest to remember the incidents at the beach.
-_-_-_-_
Every part of Nighthawk ached right now, but he was happy that he felt the pain, it meant he was at least alive for now. The 5 men laid pressed across the hot sand, luckily the force of the giant rock was absorbed by Nighthawk’s barrier.

Problem one was solved Nighthawk thought, but now he had to get himself and the others out before the lack of oxygen did them in. He had no strength left to try and move it, and it seemed like the other 4 were out.

He closed his eyes to think of any possible solution, but he came up empty. After what seemed like minutes of internal debate, Nighthawk was ready to throw in the towel when the rock began to move on its own.

Or he thought as much, as the other 4 men had not moved a finger yet, but soon, he began to see glimmers of the sunset off in the distance. He closed his eyes now to rest, they would be saved.

When he opened his eyes next, he felt handcuffs being applied to him, and as he looked around, he saw 3 others in cuffs as well. Everyone, but Bond that was.

He was ready to fight this injustice when he noticed the intimidating figure in the background. It appeared to be a giant… bird of some sort. An evil metallic creature that stared them all in the face.

As his captor began to drag him in the sand, he could feel himself slipping into unconsciousness again. The image of the metal bird however was burnt into his brain.
_-_-_-_

Hopefully, someone will still read it.

Combine 017
10-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I did, and im disappointed that im still not in it. :mad:

Angrist
10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
I read parts, all I saw was Bond Bond Bond. And Jeepnut.