PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding an HTML editor

Professor S
10-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Preferrably a free one. Can anyone help?

Vampyr
10-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Notepad++ is my preferred choice.

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

Whenever you install it and open it, click the "language" menu at the top, then select HTML. It will do highlighting and such for you.

Professor S
10-05-2009, 10:23 AM
How do I download it? When I went into the download section it looks to be broken up into 10-15 pieces.

magus113
10-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Go to binary files, click Download Notepad++ executable files and then click npp5.5installer.exe.

Do work

Professor S
10-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the help, but that editor assumes I have some knowledge of what the hell I'm doing. I'm more looking for a tool that just converts normal word processing into HTML, and I don't have time to dedicate learning a new program. It needs to be intuitive. More like Dreamweaver or something like that.

magus113
10-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Yikes, I dunno. That's different. Most WYSIWYG editors usually aren't free. I can try and find something though.

magus113
10-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Ah! If you already use Mozilla products (like Firefox, Camino, Thunderbird, etc.) Seamonkey is pretty full featured. It's got a browser, e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC, and a webpage composer with built-in FTP to publish sites.

Professor S
10-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks! I'll give it a try

Vampyr
10-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Depending on how complex the thing you're trying to make is, it might be faster to spend a day learning HTML than it is to spend a few days learning how to use a program to design something with HTML.

The best place for HTML tutorials I've found is http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp .

Once you run through the tutorials and learn what all is possible with HTML (and have a vague idea of how to do it), they also have a great reference section on the bottom left you can use to look things up as you go.

One thing you might be interested in if you use firefox is a plugin called "firebug". It can help you debug a website that you're creating more easily.

KillerGremlin
10-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Just hire an Indian guy. Thanks to globalization they will work practically for free!

Typhoid
10-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the help, but that editor assumes I have some knowledge of what the hell I'm doing. I'm more looking for a tool that just converts normal word processing into HTML

What you're looking for is an Asian.