PDA

View Full Version : Bluray question

Angrist
09-26-2009, 05:29 PM
This Bluray rental (Bedtime Stories, good movie) says "including the movie on DVD!" on both sides of the box. We watched it on a friend's PS3. My sisters would like to see it on our DVD player. So that's good.

But there's only 1 disc in the box. I thought that maybe the Bluray disc somehow included a DVD layer, so we tried playing it on the DVD player. No luck.
We're thinking about asking the store (do you call it a store?) about it, maybe requesting the DVD version for a day. (Of course we may not be allowed to watch the movie in 2 households.)

Do you have any idea what they mean?

BreakABone
09-26-2009, 06:05 PM
If it is a rental place, I assume they took the second disc.

Most Blu-rays tend to have a digital copy DVD/disc that you could copy, but I don't know seeing how don't own bedtime story.

Dyne
09-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Technically impossible, so no to the layer thing.

The movies usually never come in their own spot in the case. They're always in crappy cardboard slips.

If it's a rental, they probably took the slip version to rent out on DVD.

I think it was HD-DVD that did the "HD version on one side, DVD on the other" thing. So that's probably why you're confused.

Angrist
09-27-2009, 03:37 AM
Nah it was in its original Bluray box. Which only has place for 1 disc... I'll ask at the store. (Or maybe I'll try the upside-down thing first.)

Dyne
09-27-2009, 04:11 AM
Only try the upside-down thing if there isn't a label - hahaha.

As far as I know, only HD-DVD had that.

Angrist
09-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Yeah there was a label so I didn't bother trying. :D

And the store was closed on Sunday, so we just dropped it into the box and forgot about it. We'll find it for my sisters.