PDA

View Full Version : Something Negative

KillerGremlin
09-25-2009, 06:41 PM
I saw this at another forum, and an interesting idea for a thread and for a person's general poor being.

All you need to do is like mention one negative thing that happened to you during the week or even the day just you know to express it.

Most people tend to focus on the positive aspects all too often.

TheGame
09-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Hmm, I guess its bad that I didn't post in the 'something positive' thread though I managed to find an excuse to post in this one. :)

Typhoid
09-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Hahahaha.
+Rep.

ZebraRampage
09-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I guess I'm responsible for this idea considering my last two posts in the positive thread.

Fox 6
09-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Have a shit ton of homework due next week. :(

Bond
09-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Have a shit ton of homework due next week. :(
Same.

DeathsHand
09-25-2009, 11:19 PM
I think I'm an alcoholic.

KillerGremlin
09-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Alcoholism and homework? Yeesh you guys have good lives if that's the worst of your problems :p.

I also have a lot of homework....it kind of sprung on me out of nowhere starting last week. I have tons of reading, a few long-term homework assignments, my first paper...bleh.

Combine 017
09-26-2009, 12:56 PM
I think I'm an alcoholic.

Welcome to the club. :D

But I dont think ill be getting drunk this weekend.
And so ends my streak of being drunk every weekend. :(

BreakABone
09-26-2009, 01:39 PM

But I dont think ill be getting drunk this weekend.
And so ends my streak of being drunk every weekend. :(

Then don't end the streak!
Get drunk on your own!
You can do it!

As for me, the usual crappy job situation, no callbacks from places applied (or the ones I want)

Swan
09-26-2009, 06:24 PM
One of my testicles is much larger than the other one.

DeathsHand
09-27-2009, 12:23 AM

I spent $100 this week that should have gone to my parents to help cover college expenses in order for me to go to my favorite bar 6 nights in a row to talk with creepy people about how Arlington is full of yuppies who should die.
Because I have no self control.

But in reality, other than that, my life has been good as of late...
So yeah, "alcoholism and homework"...
No, I don't have it all that bad.

KillerGremlin
09-27-2009, 04:09 AM

One of my balls also isn't pulling it's weight.

Dylflon
09-27-2009, 05:45 AM
Two/almost three weeks behind in my reading from being on student film sets. So I'm somewhere between 205-300 pages behind in reading...

Fucking upper division classes.

KillerGremlin
09-29-2009, 07:42 PM
I've been counting calories and trying to diet...sticking to complex carbs, lean meats like fish and chicken and turkey....I'm having some confusion because everyone says sugar is bad, but natural yummies like fruits and milk are loaded with sugar. Is it okay that I get a lot of sugar from 3 or 4 servings of fruit and 1 or 2 servings of milk daily? I figure fruit and milk is natural...and the sugar in them is different than the refined sugar in processed garbage that comes in a wrapper.

Dieting is so damn confusing.

magus113
09-29-2009, 11:22 PM
After just getting my car back from the body shop I need to see why the stupid iPod connecting for my aftermarket stereo is being a jerk, which sucks because it's proprietary and I'd have to take the stupid thing out.

Can't afford it though because my paycheck that I got on Friday still doesn't cover my previous overdrafts so I'm still in the red.

Typhoid
09-30-2009, 06:49 AM
I've been counting calories and trying to diet...sticking to complex carbs, lean meats like fish and chicken and turkey....I'm having some confusion because everyone says sugar is bad, but natural yummies like fruits and milk are loaded with sugar. Is it okay that I get a lot of sugar from 3 or 4 servings of fruit and 1 or 2 servings of milk daily? I figure fruit and milk is natural...and the sugar in them is different than the refined sugar in processed garbage that comes in a wrapper.

Dieting is so damn confusing.

First off, don't diet. Just change the way you eat.

Secondly, sugar is fine. Fat is fine. Everything is fine. It's moderation that determines it. Clearly candy and chocolate bars aren't the best thing for you, but having a Coffee Crisp won't send you 15 pounds overweight. Having 2 a day, however - will.

The main killer is pop, and juice. Personally, I don't drink pop anymore, maybe a couple times a month, but that's about it. Considering it's mostly sugar, it's one of the worst things you can have on a regular basis.

Natural sugars are just as bad for you as sugar that's loaded in every-day crap, but you'll eat less fruit on average for that type of sugar to ever become a problem with weight gain or tooth decay.

The things to stay away from, is pretty much just things like pop and ice cream. Switch to lean meat hamburgers (if you make your own), and try use lean meat in cooking instead of "regular" meat. Eat fish, rice, pasta, toast, cereal, lean meats, salads, soups.

If you don't like the monotony of those things, do what I did and take up cooking for yourself, and experiment with adding spices/sauces to things to change them entirely.

In the end, it's just about moderation and discretion. But no "diet" will cause you to lose weight without exercise. Exercise is clearly the most important thing if your goal is to lose weight, and not just eat healthier.

Angrist
09-30-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm pretty sure I've heard refined sugar is worse than natural sugars. Maybe it doesn't have more calories, but there's something worse about it.

And I mostly agree with Typhoid. Don't think you can't touch any fat food ever again. Just eat less of it. Replace it with healthier stuff, like carrots.

ZebraRampage
09-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Yeah, as for losing weight, it really is exercise and moderation of food intake. I know it does matter what you eat to some degree, but it's mainly the moderation that's the key.

magus113
09-30-2009, 10:58 AM
I actually have the most trouble gaining weight and keeping weight on. I have Cystic Fibrosis, so my digestive system doesn't work like it should. So I'm always on supplements and high calorie/high fat diets to add more weight and keep it up.

KillerGremlin
09-30-2009, 11:06 AM
First off, don't diet. Just change the way you eat.

Secondly, sugar is fine. Fat is fine. Everything is fine. It's moderation that determines it. Clearly candy and chocolate bars aren't the best thing for you, but having a Coffee Crisp won't send you 15 pounds overweight. Having 2 a day, however - will.

The main killer is pop, and juice. Personally, I don't drink pop anymore, maybe a couple times a month, but that's about it. Considering it's mostly sugar, it's one of the worst things you can have on a regular basis.

Natural sugars are just as bad for you as sugar that's loaded in every-day crap, but you'll eat less fruit on average for that type of sugar to ever become a problem with weight gain or tooth decay.

The things to stay away from, is pretty much just things like pop and ice cream. Switch to lean meat hamburgers (if you make your own), and try use lean meat in cooking instead of "regular" meat. Eat fish, rice, pasta, toast, cereal, lean meats, salads, soups.

If you don't like the monotony of those things, do what I did and take up cooking for yourself, and experiment with adding spices/sauces to things to change them entirely.

In the end, it's just about moderation and discretion. But no "diet" will cause you to lose weight without exercise. Exercise is clearly the most important thing if your goal is to lose weight, and not just eat healthier.

Yeah...this is good advice. I actually am not "dieting" per se, it is more of a permanent lifestyle change. I'm just trying to stay in my recommended calorie intake. I'm not going to any extremes, and with 1800-2400 calories allowed daily, I have a lot of options in terms of cooking. I'm trying to make this a change I can keep up with for the rest of my life.

I have been cooking a lot of fun foods with Chicken, Turkey, and Fish. You can make some amazing meals with Tuna. And you can do a lot of things with chicken and turkey that you normally think of doing with beef; things like Chili, or Tacos. And someday in the near future I'm going to try out some exotic Turkey Burger recipes.

I've been avoiding pop and candy like the plague...I know that seems like a no brainer, but last year I REALLY went overboard with the pop. And I don't like ice cream all that much so that one is easy for me to avoid. :p I'm also staying away from chips as much as possible...I tend to binge on those.

I also enjoy cooking. One nice thing about pursuing better eating habits is it does open up a window of cool new recipes and sauces and spices.

I actually have the most trouble gaining weight and keeping weight on. I have Cystic Fibrosis, so my digestive system doesn't work like it should. So I'm always on supplements and high calorie/high fat diets to add more weight and keep it up.

Heh, my friend has an a ridiculous metabolism so he has to eat like 3000 to 4000 calories a day to maintain weight. You guys must poop a lot.

KillerGremlin
09-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah, as for losing weight, it really is exercise and moderation of food intake. I know it does matter what you eat to some degree, but it's mainly the moderation that's the key.

Moderation is the key for long-term success I think. That's why I have been trying to diet by keeping an eye on calories and still eating a balance of carbs, meats, fruits, veggies and dairy. I can't buy into the Atkins diet or all these other diet fads...some of them sound good, but for the long term I think I would give in.

Angrist
09-30-2009, 11:26 AM
And I don't like ice cream all that much so that one is easy for me to avoid. :p Hah, we must be the only 2 in the world!

I don't get people's love for ice cream. I'll eat it and I'll like it, but you won't get me excited about it.

magus113
09-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Heh, my friend has an a ridiculous metabolism so he has to eat like 3000 to 4000 calories a day to maintain weight. You guys must poop a lot.

Haha understatement.

TheGame
09-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Just count calories and set a limit for yourself, and eat what you want. When you realize that bad stuff doesn't fill you up and costs tons of calories, you'll eventually move into eating better.

And on that note... I let myself go crazy yesterday. Ate 4,400ish calories. (I aim for 2,200-2,400)

Milkshakes are baaaaad.

Thespis721
09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Typhoid
09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Just count calories and set a limit for yourself,

Counting calories is actually really bad, and in many cases leads to obsession with your calorie intake, followed by a form of purging (be it throwing up or extreme exercise).

My advice would be don't count calories, and don't weigh yourself every day (Weight is actually a terrible way to judge size, considering muscle weighs much more), instead - just make an estimated guess of what you should and shouldn't be eating.

I count calories, and because of it I only eat 1 meal a day, and after eating more than 1 meal, I'll work out for 3 or 4 hours. Don't count calories, my advice.

TheGame
09-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Counting calories is actually really bad, and in many cases leads to obsession with your calorie intake, followed by a form of purging (be it throwing up or extreme exercise).

My advice would be don't count calories, and don't weigh yourself every day (Weight is actually a terrible way to judge size, considering muscle weighs much more), instead - just make an estimated guess of what you should and shouldn't be eating.

I count calories, and because of it I only eat 1 meal a day, and after eating more than 1 meal, I'll work out for 3 or 4 hours. Don't count calories, my advice.

Only eat one meal? Then you don't eat enough calories (unless you pig out bad). Plus if you don't eat at least 3 decently spread out meals per day, you run the risk of killing your metabolism and making your body hold onto fat.

Calorie counting, and knowing your intake vs your output.. is the basic scientific way of losing weight.

TheSlyMoogle
09-30-2009, 05:30 PM

Err that's actually the norm for men.

Today I couldn't find Trump tower in Chicago, and it's a fucking giant tower... FML.

BreakABone
09-30-2009, 05:43 PM

Today I couldn't find Trump tower in Chicago, and it's a fucking giant tower... FML.

one.. why are you in Chicago

Two.. how the hell did you miss that? :lol:

As for me, since I was apparently working way too many hours this week (not at all yet), they decided to cut one of my days so only working twice this week. I need someone to call me back with a job offer. :(

Typhoid
09-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Only eat one meal? Then you don't eat enough calories (unless you pig out bad). Plus if you don't eat at least 3 decently spread out meals per day, you run the risk of killing your metabolism and making your body hold onto fat.

Calorie counting, and knowing your intake vs your output.. is the basic scientific way of losing weight.

I'm aware it's not healthy to eat 1 meal a day. My point was more it started when I started counting calories and got obsessed with it. Which is why I said "Don't count calories, just estimate."

KillerGremlin
09-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Hah, we must be the only 2 in the world!

I don't get people's love for ice cream. I'll eat it and I'll like it, but you won't get me excited about it.

Yeah...I have to REALLY be craving Ice Cream and when I am I go all out and get something really unhealthy at Coldstone or DQ or Baskin Robins. I like fruit smoothies though...homemade ones, that is. Jamba Juice is such a fucking rip off.

It's on the river.

I'm actually counting calories so I can eat 7 smaller and more balanced meals throughout the day. I have not read a single good thing about limiting yourself to 3 huge meals in a day. Every source suggests the best way to go is smaller portions spread across the day to keep your metabolism going and your hunger suppressed. I have no intentions of weening down to 1 meal...I have considered the option of not eating for a day to binge on a pizza or something but I doubt I will resort to that. :p

And on that note...once I drop my weight into a more healthy range, I will stop counting calories. I've attempted diets before without counting calories or taking servings into consideration, and it is incredible how much excess I would eat. Right now my BMI is not too hot and neither is my weight. I'm trying to cut fat and increase muscle without bulking up too much. That means lean meats and the occasional protein shake (for muscle), lots of whole grains, fruits and veggies for carbs (energy to run), and some fat to keep everything balanced.

I'm only adding 1 serving of protein 3 days a week after I lift (23 grams of protein), and right now my body doesn't seem to like the whey protein. Anyone have firsthand experience? I hate reading shit on bodybuilding forums and google is incredibly biased for this stuff.

TheGame
09-30-2009, 07:28 PM
I usually eat at least 100 grams of protein per day. And yeah eating smaller spread out meals are best, but you want at least 3 meals. If you're doing 2 or 1 it's counter productive. I'm personally not a fan of whey, or any products that are built to increase protein. I just got most of mine through lean meats, nuts, and milk.

I go to the gym 5 days a week, Mon-Fri morning.

KillerGremlin
09-30-2009, 07:34 PM
I usually eat at least 100 grams of protein per day. And yeah eating smaller spread out meals are best, but you want at least 3 meals. If you're doing 2 or 1 it's counter productive. I'm personally not a fan of whey, or any products that are built to increase protein. I just got most of mine through lean meats, nuts, and milk.

I go to the gym 5 days a week, Mon-Fri morning.

Yeah. I've read a whole bunch of stuff about protein, some sources say you should get .8g x your body weight, some say 1 to 1.5. I think it's the FDA or something that says 50grams a day, but I think that's kind of low. If I do the .8 thing I'm at:

220lbs (approx. 99kg) x .8 = 80grams of Protein. But on heavy lift days I want to kick that up to around 90-100grams to build muscle...

Even with skim milk, nuts, and a dinner with a lean meat, I find that I still occasionally have difficulty reaching that limit...hence the Whey.

But I'm getting bloating and constipation and if that shit keeps up then I'm ditching the weigh and just adding an extra serving of cottage cheese or oatmeal into my diet on lift days.

Oh, and I have a big breakfast, a snack, a big snack or a lunch, dinner, a snack, and if I need to a snack.

KillerGremlin
09-30-2009, 08:07 PM
By the way, TheGame...so far my routine is:

Monday: 15min Cardio, Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, Rows, Biceps

Tuesday: 30min Cardio, leg stretches

Wednesday: 15min Cardio, Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, Rows, Triceps

Thursday: 30min Cardio, leg stretches

Friday: 15min Cardio, Squats, Deadlifts, Bench, Rows, Shoulders

Saturday: 30min option cardio: stairmaster, bike, elliptical

Sunday: football (as in sit on my ass and watch it :D)

Also...my reps and current weight (i'm going for good form, I see so many people with huge weight but horrible form...so that's why the low weight on some of these)

bench: 135 x 10, 145 x 8, 155 x 6 (pathetic, I can't do my own weight!)
squats: 125 x 6, 135 x 6, 145 x 6 (this will go up soon)
deadlift: 145 x 6, 155 x 6, 165 x 6
rows: 6 x 60 x 3

And the option lifts don't matter so much...just typical curls and shrugs and stuff. At one point I was able to bicep curl the bar at 95x10x10. That's 100 reps at 95lbs. I could also do a few reps at 135lbs, haha....but I was fat! Back when I lifted I neglected cardio and diet and I got fat! That's what I'm making up for now.

At one point this summer I think I was tipping the scale at like 260 or 265. I had a gut (still do) and my pecs were becoming tits.

Tits = best motivation.

I'm 6'1" btw, 220lbs, pretty big build....shooting for around 200lbs with muscle and more cardio endurance.

Combine 017
09-30-2009, 08:34 PM
The best way to lose weight is to not be fat in the first place.
That or liposuction.

TheGame
09-30-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm 6'3", I put on a lot of weight though. Sitting at 250 now (I was 255 3 weeks ago). I've been into weights pretty crazy like since HS. At one point I was 230lbs and was below 10% body fat. My lean body mass is very high.

Having a desk job, slacking on the gym, and eating like I work out 8 hours a day = weight gain.. no matter how good my metabolism was. lol

I'm trying to get back down to 230 or less again. When I gain weight it goes straight to my gut now.

Combine 017
09-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Im around 6'1" and I only weigh 130.
But im going to assume that you guys are older and a lot stronger than me. :p

magus113
09-30-2009, 08:58 PM

I weigh the same but I'm 6 inches smaller than you.

TheGame
09-30-2009, 09:27 PM

Haha yeah. Though you should go to the gym. The advantage to being skinny is.. if you work out, you'll notice every little tiny change. :) Heck you could probably do push ups every day for a few weeks and notice your chest sticking out.

Bond
09-30-2009, 09:41 PM
COMBINE - YOU WEIGH 130 POUNDS AT 6'1"???

HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!?!

The Germanator
09-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah, that's kind of insane.

I worked very hard to get down from 207 to 165. I don't think my body will allow me to weigh any less than 162 or so unless I really really started eating less and exercising even more which I don't really want or need to do (I'm 5'10 by the way). Now I can just run 20-25 miles a week and eat decently and stick around the mid 160's. I wish I still had my gym membership so I could keep lifting, but I don't think I can afford it. At least running in a park is free. Anyway, losing 45 pounds in about 7 months was pretty crazy but insanely rewarding. I eat a million times healthier now (no red meat, not really that much meat in general, actually) and just feel better.

Acebot44
09-30-2009, 10:52 PM
I've been trying to gain weight for about 4 years now, and pretty much havent gained an ounce. 6' and 160lbs has been my profile for far too long, and this summer I made a commitment to bulk up (moving into a new apartment which includes a gym helped out).

So, three months after starting a pretty consistent routine of working out three days a week, upping the weight every week for heavy exercises (ex. Curls went from 25 x 8 to 40 x 8), and upping the reps for pull ups, push ups, and crunches alike, I definitely LOOK bigger and AM stronger, but weigh the same...:p I don't think its meant to be.

Diet may have had something to do with it, as I often didnt find the time to eat three times a day, but I always got adequate protein via whey.

Typhoid
10-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Combine is so skinny he goes invisible in a strong breeze.

I'm 6'1''ish and around 210. I lift a ton of weights, and as a result, my upper back muscles are really huge and pronounced. It's hard to find shirts that fit across my back without stretching, and that aren't in L/XL. Such a shame.

Angrist
10-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Yesterday I was working on my thesis at university and it smelled like fart all the time. I couldn't understand who would let his air flow all the time, it was disgusting.

In the end I came to the conclusion that it must have been myself. :(

(Sometimes you smell like something you've never smelled like before.)

KillerGremlin
10-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Yesterday I was working on my thesis at university and it smelled like fart all the time. I couldn't understand who would let his air flow all the time, it was disgusting.

In the end I came to the conclusion that it must have been myself. :(

(Sometimes you smell like something you've never smelled like before.)

You don't know when you break wind? As a male that should be one of your greatest accomplishments. Nothing is more satisfying than letting a silent one go while your friends are in the vicinity...and waiting for reaction.

Swan
10-01-2009, 11:50 PM
I had a really smelly person sit next to me on the bus today.

Couldn't breathe, he smelt like mold.

I had to ram my nose in my book and inhale to not gag

Angrist
10-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Well, I think it went like this:

I smell somebody's fart, so I think "Hey, might as well let a tiny one go myself. ... Hm, I'm not even sure if something came out."
Minutes later: "Bwoaf, what a smell! Who would do that? Oh well, let's get rid of some air now that it will get 'oversmelled'."

Etc. :angel:

The worst thing is that I dare not look the girl who sat next to me look into her eyes. Ever again. In the end it was just me and her left, so she has to know it was me.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a43kowi2ncI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a43kowi2ncI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

KillerGremlin
10-05-2009, 02:41 AM
I was playing poker (real poker so real money) and had Pocket Jacks. I slow played preflop and just called the BB. I hit a Jack on the flop and had Trip Jacks, a pretty strong fucking hand. Plus I figure no one had me on Pocket Jacks. I also figured someone probably had a pocket pair or hit a set. Anyway, I lost the hand to a Flush and it was a runner too....

The lesson here folks is don't slow play pocket Jacks. Although I think in heads up they're like 18% preflop against a lot of premium hands. =/

Angrist
10-07-2009, 06:33 AM
My driving instructor is a huge... loser I guess.

Last week I called him to ask him when my exam was. He said he didn't have the info right there, but that it was on a monday. He asked me to call back later. I did, but he never picked up. This morning he called me and said he knew my date. Great. Finally.
Now I check my mail and find an e-mail which says my instructor has just made the reservation. Which means that he lied before. He never knew. He couldn't tell, because he hadn't made the reservation yet.

Also, I failed my first test because there were things he never taught me. He doesn't keep a list of what he has taught each student... He just drives around, randomly teaching stuff.

KillerGremlin
10-15-2009, 07:48 PM
I was buying food at Dominicks. I had my cart in the produce area and I went to grab some carrots. I came back and my fucking cart was gone! Some asshole took off with my cart! No one is perfect....I've made the mistake of hijacking someone's cart before. So I decided to go on a quest to find the cart, realizing that the person who took the cart might return it to the scene of the hijacking like a decent and normal non-asshole. So I walked across the store surveying the aisles, and then proceeded back to the produce section. To my dismay the cart had not returned, and I had to pee, so I went back to the front of the store to secure a new cart and go on a quest to find all the groceries I had already gathered. Well lo and behold I found my fucking cart hidden in a corner by the photo section. I wanted to ask the manager if I could see camera footage so I could find the person and kick them in the balls/birth canal. Seriously, who the fuck does that! I'm a humble person, I'm not going to look down upon you for accidentally taking my cart. I have empathy!

Also the public bus was shitty and busy. And it is unseasonably cold for October and raining.

The Germanator
10-15-2009, 08:11 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091015/ap_on_re_us/us_interracial_rebuff

This...So much fail from this guy. Does he realize the fucking president is bi-racial???

Teuthida
10-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Parents getting divorced. Might have to get a "real job" to help support family.

Bond
10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Parents getting divorced. Might have to get a "real job" to help support family.
Sorry. :(

BlueFire
10-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I came on the forum to find various pictures of Earl under everyone's usernames.

I don't think I want to go to GT for a while.

Fox 6
10-16-2009, 02:09 AM
Start a week of 9 midterms tomorrow.

Typhoid
10-16-2009, 02:52 AM
My back has been terrible since my car accident and a couple days ago I re-messed it up by not taking the "You still shouldn't be doing anything" seriously. Now I have an intense pain in my back that literally (for lack of a better expression) brings me to tears when I try to walk at times.

And I'm having a really hard time breathing.

And I have allergies.

And I still have no PS3 and my government money hasn't come yet.

And it's raining.

Dylflon
10-16-2009, 04:16 AM
How do you keep getting into car accidents?

Typhoid
10-16-2009, 04:47 AM
How do you keep getting into car accidents?

Zuh?
Lern2read.

I didn't get into another accident, I re-hurt my back as a result of the initial accident and me not taking the "Don't do anything" precautions seriously.

I find this "How do you keep getting into car accidents" thing hilarious, considering we hung out yesterday (I guess technically 2 days ago now. Darn!) - and when you asked what was wrong with my back, Andrew said "He re-injured it.";)

KillerGremlin
10-16-2009, 10:10 AM

At least your old enough so it shouldn't be as traumatizing.

On a lighter note!
http://images9.cafepress.com/product/2651299v1_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

Dylflon
10-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Zuh?
Lern2read.

I didn't get into another accident, I re-hurt my back as a result of the initial accident and me not taking the "Don't do anything" precautions seriously.

I find this "How do you keep getting into car accidents" thing hilarious, considering we hung out yesterday (I guess technically 2 days ago now. Darn!) - and when you asked what was wrong with my back, Andrew said "He re-injured it.";)

I missed the "and" and read it as "my car accident two days ago"

WHOOOOOOPS

Angrist
10-22-2009, 10:44 AM
A few weeks ago I bought a ticket for Marit Larsen in Germany. 2 hours drive, some other fans were going as well.

At least that was the plan. So far I'm the only one with a ticket, and the guy who was gonna drive, had to cancel. :(

ZebraRampage
10-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Feminists

Bond
10-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Feminists
One of my professors is a feminist. She's a fun time.

KillerGremlin
10-24-2009, 03:38 AM
I'm like 50/50 with the feminists...I agree with a lot of the ideas but some of it I just can't dig. The reality is most people who claim to be feminists are way out of their league since feminism incorporates many areas of discourse.

ZebraRampage
10-24-2009, 12:29 PM
I guess I meant the kind of feminists who are bitches.

Typhoid
10-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I hate passive protesting. Sit-ins, things like that.

I walk to work every day (after taking the bus), and the walk is about 30 minutes.

On the way of this walk is the Maximum Security Pre-Trial Prison in my city (Held Robert Pickton for his trial) that is currently housing Marc Emery (Sold pot seeds from Canada to the USA via internet. Selling seeds isn't illegal in Canada, yet it is in the US, so the US wants him extradited and put on trial and be put in a US prison despite the fact he was in Canada, and it's not a crime from where he was.)

Anyways, clearly - as you can see - I find the fact he's on trial, and will be sent the US ridiculous in itself.

However outside of the prison there are about 4 tents tied to streetlights, with marijuana logos all over and "Free Marc Emery" posters, Canadian flags with the maple leaf replaced with a pot leaf.

What irks me about this, is What the fuck are you accomplishing by sleeping in a tent outside of a prison getting suburbanite factory workers to honk their horns for a guy who affectionately loves pot. Pack up your tents. Take down your signs. Get educated on the situation, and don't make the situation look much worse than it already is. You're just playing the stoner-hippy stereotype, which clearly won't help anyones image.

That really grinds my gears.

Angrist
10-27-2009, 09:55 AM
One of my teachers was a feminist too. The worst thing was, she was supposed to teach us about concepts & approaches in tourism research, but she only talked about feminism.

In my exam I wrote about that. She didn't like it. :D

Edit: Oh and next week I have to hand in a report that she has to grade... My graduation depends on it. :p

Teuthida
10-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I got two bad spider bites and no badass spider powers.

Spent the entire morning trying to remove some computer viruses who enjoy shutting down my comp. Still at it actually. Posting in safe mode. :(

KillerGremlin
10-27-2009, 12:36 PM

Spent the entire morning trying to remove some computer viruses who enjoy shutting down my comp. Still at it actually. Posting in safe mode. :(

This is why you kill the lazy ass spiders that hang out in the bedroom doing nothing productive.

Teuthida
10-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I politely ask them to leave.

Well, I fixed the virus problem. And it only took THE ENTIRE FRIGGEN DAY. Lost all my data for A Knight's Story as collateral damage. It's an idle game where you just watch your knight hack and slash monsters and grow in levels. Good way to progress in a game without wasting time. Just check up on the little dude every so often. Three straight weeks of "playing" it and he's back to level 1. Tristan the Hero is now Tristan the Noob. :(

...damn, all my saved data at Kongregate is gone. That reeeallly sucks.

ZebraRampage
10-27-2009, 04:34 PM

I got one last week on the back of my neck! I too was disappointed that I didn't have any badass spider powers..

Angrist
10-28-2009, 08:00 AM
We had a lady bug plague here last week. There were hundreds of them on the wall. Sadly none of them bit me, so I don't have any lady bug powers.

Typhoid
10-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I couple people I know, including a guy I work with and his two kids have H1N1, and tody I woke up not feeling good at all.
Turrible.

Angrist
10-28-2009, 11:29 AM
You forgot something between I and couple. Is it "kissed a"?

I think I might have had H1N1, it wasn't bad at all.

Typhoid
10-28-2009, 09:24 PM
I think I might have had H1N1, it wasn't bad at all.

Those are strong assumptions of how a virus is, when you're not even 100% sure you had it in the first place.

Dylflon
10-31-2009, 12:58 PM
I've had H1N1 since Tuesday.

It's pretty crappy. High fever, constant coughing, chills, stuffy nose.

I'm missing Halloween parties, and I have not been able to focus enough to start my six page assignment that's due on Tuesday. It requires a lot of reading. A lot.

Swine flu is a smelly bitch.

Typhoid
10-31-2009, 04:16 PM
I've had H1N1 since Tuesday.

It's pretty crappy. High fever, constant coughing, chills, stuffy nose.

I'm missing Halloween parties, and I have not been able to focus enough to start my six page assignment that's due on Tuesday. It requires a lot of reading. A lot.

Swine flu is a smelly bitch.

Clearly you don't have swine flu.
If Angrist has taught us anything, it's that Swine flu is no big deal.

Angrist
11-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Yeah you guys are wussies. I hardly noticed anything! I just enjoyed the time off.

Must be the European variant which goes easy on us. Because we're not mean against Mexican immigrants, and we don't eat as much pig meat.

Here they don't check anymore whether it's H1N1 or a normal flu, so I have no idea if that was it. But from what I've read, it's as bad as normal flu, just a lot more contagious.

Teuthida
11-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Spent half my bday getting rid of yet another computer virus and the other half cleaning up after my very sick dog. Didn't receive a single "happy birthday" either aside from an automated email from realage.com. Then I bit straight through my tongue leaving a nasty purpleish wound. I think I might have bed bugs as well...and I don't even have a bed.

Dylflon
11-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Spent half my bday getting rid of yet another computer virus and the other half cleaning up after my very sick dog. Didn't receive a single "happy birthday" either aside from an automated email from realage.com. Then I bit straight through my tongue leaving a nasty purpleish wound. I think I might have bed bugs as well...and I don't even have a bed.

Happy birthday <3

Angrist
11-09-2009, 09:26 AM
I failed my driving test again. (2nd time)

Half of the serious mistakes I've ever made were during my tests. I just keep running into difficult situations at the wrong times.

At least I learned from it. If I would have made the same mistake under different circumstances, I might have caused an accident. (I steered left while the car behind me had just done the same, and he had accelerated. So I almost bumped into him. I saw him in the mirror, but I didn't realize he was that close/fast.... I know, that's really my bad.)

Dylflon
11-09-2009, 05:27 PM
I failed my driving test again. (2nd time)

Half of the serious mistakes I've ever made were during my tests. I just keep running into difficult situations at the wrong times.

At least I learned from it. If I would have made the same mistake under different circumstances, I might have caused an accident. (I steered left while the car behind me had just done the same, and he had accelerated. So I almost bumped into him. I saw him in the mirror, but I didn't realize he was that close/fast.... I know, that's really my bad.)

Gotta always be shoulder checking.

Angrist
11-10-2009, 08:22 AM
I was. All the time. I just didn't respond to what I saw. Lesson learned.

KillerGremlin
11-14-2009, 03:20 PM
I was. All the time. I just didn't respond to what I saw. Lesson learned.

Why no license yet? What prevented you from driving earlier in your life?

A bit personal, but between school which always keeps me busy, I've been dealing with some family drama. My two Grandpas both have cancer and are in the hospital, and both of them could die at any time as their health could easily take a turn for the worse (although they are both fighting and could conceivably hang around for a few more years, so keep those fingers crossed!). That is expected when you flirt with the mid-80s. This is not particularly surprising and is normal family drama. My mom suffers from a somewhat modern and rare psychological disorder, Schizoaffective disorder. She has Psychosis which encompasses delusional symptoms and bipolar symptoms (periods of mania and depression), and she hears auditory hallucinations. Her Psychiatrist is not 100% sure what caused the disorder....it happened after she gave birth to me, at least with my dad around. Postpartum depression (the baby blues) is common in many women after childbirth. A rare form of Postpartum depression is the extreme case that encompasses Psychosis. It is presumed that my mother has had brain damage all her life given the severity of her symptoms. She even had an MRI at one point because they assumed the severity of her disease might be the result of a brain tumor. My mom's symptoms include auditory hallucinations, periods of mania and depression, inability to sleep, detached emotions, false perceptions of reality....all pretty heavy stuff. She has been on Risperidone which is an anti-depressant I believe. It has a lot of BAD side effects, many of which were bothering my mom. So sometime before the summer this year she asked her psychiatrist if she can try weening off the medicine so she did not have to deal with the side effects. And she has not been stable since.

None of this is too jarring as my mom has been through this 3 or 4 times just in my short lifetime. What sucks is she refuses to speak or talk with her parents. So my grandpa who is in the hospital, near-death (he's better now, fortunately, he had Pneumonia, he has leukemia, and he had water in his lungs/heart, and he had a blood clot that could have been fatal had my grandma not acted quickly and got him to the hospital after his leg swelled up)...my mom won't talk to him, or visit. She won't talk to my grandma, and in fact is going on 3+ months of not seeing or talking to her parents. We're trying to get her back on the Risperidone, but if any of you have dealt with psychotic or delusional people you know they have a tendency to not want treatment/help, a tendency to NOT take their meds, and other fun stuff. She's been institutionalized in a hospital before but we're hoping it doesn't come down to that. At the same time it would be shitty if her dad died while she was mentally ill.

So yeah. That stuff is definitely a little bit stressful. That on top of looking at grad schools, the GRE, and just graduating.

Angrist
11-18-2009, 09:06 AM
I was never into driving.

You have to understand the Dutch situation. We're all packed together. Driving across the country takes a maximum of 3 hours. I go around town by bike. I take public transport to visit places farther away. There was never any need to be able to drive. I knew I couldn't afford a car anyway.

But because I'm no longer a student, the free public (national) transport is forfeit. Being able to drive will be useful.

Teuthida
11-28-2009, 04:36 PM
While in the elevator with my mom, some guy said that we looked like we could be twins....

Szymon
11-29-2009, 01:00 AM
I hate my job.

Combine 017
11-29-2009, 01:54 PM
I hate my job.

Happy Birthday!

Angrist
11-30-2009, 06:14 AM
While in the elevator with my mom, some guy said that we looked like we could be twins....Lol.

I once asked a colleague student if his girlfriend was his mother. Even thouh she looked a bit old, I don't know why I said that out loud. :(

Typhoid
12-21-2009, 08:26 PM
So I get to work today, and find out that one of my bosses died on Wednesday, but nobody found her body (in her room, in her bed) until this morning at 1am. That put a damper on the work day.

Angrist
12-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Blech. :( How did she die and how old was she?

Typhoid
12-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Blech. :( How did she die and how old was she?

They're not 100% sure yet, but they said most likely a heart attack, because she was just sitting in bed with a book. And I believe she was 62, or 63.

Angrist
12-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Finding a 5 days dead woman sitting in bed reading a book... Stuff for a horror movie. :unsure:

Dylflon
12-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Finding a 5 days dead woman sitting in bed reading a book... Stuff for a horror movie. :unsure:

That would be the most boring horror movie.

"Oh my god, Johnny...what could have done this"

"It appears she died of...natural causes"

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Angrist
12-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Well not just that. Put it in a scenario where a small girl comes home in the house that was perfectly fine 2 hours ago. I don't know, I don't usually do movies. ;)

Dylflon
12-30-2009, 03:44 AM
My Xbox died today.

GAAAAAAAH!

I don't think I can afford to replace it until April...and I just got 4 new games for it.

Typhoid
12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
My Xbox died today.

GAAAAAAAH!

I don't think I can afford to replace it until April...and I just got 4 new games for it.

We'll start PS3-ing it up.

Dylflon
01-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I have to put my dog down today.
:(

Angrist
01-16-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, I know how it feels. :(

I got turned down for a job. Now I just have 1 or 2 other things going...

Teuthida
01-16-2010, 03:50 PM

I'm so sorry. :(

Had to do that to my first dog...and now my current one doesn't have very long left.

Combine 017
01-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Aww, poor Conner.
Ill always remember the time a toy was tied around my neck and he dragged me across the floor.

Dylflon
01-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Aww, poor Conner.
Ill always remember the time a toy was tied around my neck and he dragged me across the floor.

Yeah, he was a great dog.

Angrist
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Yesterday I got 4 stitches in my jaw. A few hours after my wisdom teeth were removed. The wounds kept bleeding, so that's when they decided to stitch it.

I didn't get another sedation, so I felt everything. :( Let me assure you: it hurt terribly.

Typhoid
02-12-2010, 04:22 PM
An Olympian died today on the luge track.:(

ZebraRampage
02-23-2010, 08:38 PM
I got a speeding ticket today :(

Combine 017
02-23-2010, 10:13 PM
How fast?

ZebraRampage
02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
73 mph in a 55 mph zone. I had my car on cruise control at around 75 mph, and I was following the flow of traffic from a 65 mph zone to a 55 mph zone, and it seemed like every other car around me noticed the cop, so they lowered their speed, and I just stood out easily for the cop to go after.

Dylflon
02-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Me, Typhoid, and my brother were involved in a car accident last night when some dude rear ended us.

Nobody is seriously hurt but Sean's back is pretty messed up now/again.

Typhoid
02-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Nobody is seriously hurt but Sean's back is pretty messed up now/again.

I'm 80% sure I've got a pretty bad concussion too, dude.
I can't get to the doctor until tomorrow, but everythings confusing, frustrating, bright and fast. It's like I'm dreaming with a constant headache.
Fuck my life.

Dylflon
02-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm 80% sure I've got a pretty bad concussion too, dude.
I can't get to the doctor until tomorrow, but everythings confusing, frustrating, bright and fast. It's like I'm dreaming with a constant headache.
Fuck my life.

Get someone to take you to a hospital, stupid.

Typhoid
02-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Get someone to take you to a hospital, stupid.

I dont need to go to the hospital for a back injury and concussion. Im not dying.
Im going to the doctor tomorrow, so if he says otherwise I'll go.

It would be funny if I went to the hospital though, because I'm completely covered on medicare I do believe, so going to the hospital would cost me absolutely nothing - and I literally just signed up for a think through my bank that says any day I'm in the hospital my back would pay me 100 dollars as compensation.

I could profit from this.:lol:

Typhoid
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Well, I went to the doctor today for a re-evaluation.
And it turns out it's not good.
My lower back is completely chewed to shit.
I have 'severe spacing issues' in my lower spine, which my doctor said is not only really bad, but really strange for someone my age, accident or no accident.
On top of that the concussion syndromes aren't subsiding; and I was told that it's highly advised that I don't play sports for the rest of my life, as another concussion could not be 10 times worse, but put me into a coma.

Having to change your entire lifestyle before you're 23 = awesome.

Angrist
03-20-2010, 04:29 AM
:( I'm sorry to hear that man...

Typhoid
03-23-2010, 03:01 PM
This isn't a negative thing really, I just found it funny - I looked up the guy who caused the accident's name on Facebook, and he's friends with the girl that used to live with me.

Teuthida
04-15-2010, 09:03 AM
My dog died.

magus113
04-15-2010, 09:09 AM
My dog died.

I'm sorry to hear man, one of my cats was run over and killed on Saturday.

I got four dogs, I'm not happy thinking about when they get older.

Dylflon
04-16-2010, 01:11 AM
My dog died.

Just went through this recently myself. It was way tougher than I thought it would be. Sorry for your loss, man.

Swan
04-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Today at work the scaffolding I was working on fell out from under me.

Bond
04-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Today at work the scaffolding I was working on fell out from under me.
So what?

Fox 6
04-20-2010, 12:32 AM
So what?

Im with Bond.

Swan
04-20-2010, 01:46 AM
If I wasn't as awesome as I was I could have easily fallen with it smashing my head into concrete, breaking some kind of limb or impaling myself on rebar

Dylflon
04-20-2010, 05:22 AM
If I wasn't as awesome as I was I could have easily fallen with it smashing my head into concrete, breaking some kind of limb or impaling myself on rebar

Glad you're not dead or whatever.

Sheesh.

Drama queen

<3

Fox 6
04-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Then sounds like you have a safety equipment, training, and preventative inspection problem. :p

Swan
04-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Today was not a good day.

Grandmas funeral. At the wake after my dad has a heart attack.

Fun...

BreakABone
04-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Today was not a good day.

Grandmas funeral. At the wake after my dad has a heart attack.

Fun...

That sucks to hear, you know what they say when it rains, it pours.

How is he doing?

Swan
04-23-2010, 12:18 AM
He is doing alright. He got there in time for them to deal with it. will be in hospital for a few days

magus113
04-23-2010, 09:54 AM
He is doing alright. He got there in time for them to deal with it. will be in hospital for a few days

Glad to hear it man, my dad was in the hospital for heart problems years ago. Related to stress but still it's kinda scary nonetheless.

Hope he gets better.

Combine 017
05-07-2010, 03:46 PM
No drivers license for me.
Better luck next week. :p

Bond
05-07-2010, 05:14 PM
No drivers license for me.
Better luck next week. :p
What did you do wrong?

Combine 017
05-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Went 40km in a 30km zone.
Didnt even know it was a 30km zone. :p
Oh well, now I know the route so I should do fine next time.

Angrist
05-10-2010, 07:35 AM
They use fixed routes there? That's easy...
And it's nice to see kms instead of miles. :)
I got my license in three turns. Different examiner, different route every time.

Good luck next time!

Teuthida
05-10-2010, 08:59 AM
I took the test once and failed miserably. Still haven't attempted it again in four years.

Angrist
05-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Well, as long as you don't need to drive, who cares? I took driving lessons when I was 25, only because the time had come that I might need to be able to drive (for work etc.).

Typhoid
05-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Well, as long as you don't need to drive, who cares?

I agree with this.
I've never gone for any driving test, written or not. I don't plan on driving, I don't want to drive, nor do I envision a future where I need to drive.
I'm relatively environmentally concious about way too many things, and the way I see it - is I'm one less car on the road. I'd rather walk, ride a bike, or take the skytrain.

Fox 6
05-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Power has been out for a good long while. : (

Still sitting in the dark.

Dylflon
06-03-2010, 06:07 AM
Typhoid and I lost in the first round of the playoffs to Minnesota in NHL 10.

This is the second consecutive season this has happened.

Typhoid
06-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Me and my buddy had a band, that fell apart, and then we couldn't ever agree on who to let in to fill spots. We parted ways amicably, and are still good friends.
He started drumming with a new band.
That new band made it to the top 20 for the Fox Seeds competition.
Seeds made Matthew Good, Nickelback, Bif Naked, Three Days Grace and bands like that popular, and got them discovered.
Dangit.
I'm still ridiculously happy for him though.

Angrist
06-18-2010, 10:04 AM
I had a job interview a week ago. They said they would contact me by the end of the week. It's Friday 16.00, nothing yet. Is that bad news?
So maybe on Monday.

Also, this room (not mine) smells of old socks. :(

Seth
06-18-2010, 12:56 PM
They're talking about the oil coming up at a pressure so great that they have no means of stopping it. I heard around 70,000psi is pushing it up. They're talking nuclear device to cauterize the wound. If it doesn't work it could be a mega catastrophe, much larger than it is already. The media's been downplaying the amount of oil being released from the beginning.
The amount of toxic chemicals being released into the air is also of alarm. There's talk that young children and pregnant women especially should get out of the area.

All this is gathered from an Alex Jones radio interview with an ex oil executive spilling the real details. dunno how seriously to take it, but the air tests that they're coming back with are dangerously high, confirming that there's a toxicity load that the people aren't being warned about.

ZebraRampage
06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
I was in the hospital for three days after having a very bad allergic reaction to an antibiotic called Bactrim. It's a sulfa based drug, and I was using it to treat a possible MRSA lesion, which came back as negative later on. I had a massive headache, back ache, and an extremely high fever of 104.3 on Sunday, and I felt just as shitty on Monday. Then Monday evening I started to break out in hives, and it was so bad on Tuesday at 5 AM that I had to go to the hospital. They put me on steroids and a saline IV until I left, and now I'm taking smaller doses of steroids at home until the rash subsides. What's worse is that I'm in an area of Philly where a lot of power outages occurred yesterday at around 3PM, and it hadn't come back yet once I got home at 1:00 PM today. So that was more hell to deal with. The power is back on now though, and I'm making a recovery, so hopefully all will be back to normal soon. I missed work all week, and I can't work next week since I can't be out in the sun, so I guess I'm going to miss a paycheck.

Acebot44
06-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Oh man, sorry to hear about all that Z, hope things get better for yah.

Angrist
06-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Yeah good luck... :(

Angrist
07-15-2010, 10:06 AM
My mother and brother are on their way to the vet with 1 of our cats... to put her down. :( She's old, sick and in pain.
Sucks so hard to say goodbye to your pet, knowing you'll never see her again.

Vampyr
08-04-2010, 11:40 PM
I wish I knew everyone responsible for the creation of Internet Explorer so I could hunt them down, drag them into the street, and shoot them.