PDA

View Full Version : Something Positive

BreakABone
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
I saw this at another forum, and an interesting idea for a thread and for a person's general well being.

All you need to do is like mention one positive thing that happened to you during the week or even the day just you know to express it.

Most people tend to focus on the negative aspects all too often.

magus113
09-21-2009, 04:51 PM
My girlfriend and I both got 90+ on our tests/homework assignments in school

ZebraRampage
09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
I found out that I did the wrong problem for one of my Traffic Management homework questions. I was struggling with this problem so I went on campus to find someone to talk to about it, and it was then that I realized it was the wrong problem. The problem I was actually supposed to do was ten times easier, so I finished the homework assignment without any further trouble.

Acebot44
09-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Found out today that I got four A+'s in the courses I took abroad this summer and just had around 100 new people sign up for my organization at the Welcome Week activities fair.

and here's a nice website along similar lines

http://bmylife.com/

Bond
09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
I scored a 172 on my practice LSAT over the weekend, which constitutes major pwnage.

Combine 017
09-21-2009, 08:05 PM
I got a new 40 inch HDTV, will be getting ODST tonight, and im still far superior at TF2 than BaBs is.

Fox 6
09-21-2009, 08:37 PM
and im still far superior at TF2 than BaBs is.

Me too!

Also went to an amazing Arctic Monkeys concert last night, im on cloud 9 pretty much.

Swan
09-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Awesome Arctic Monkeys show last night and...

Angrist
09-22-2009, 05:46 AM
I got better from the flue.
I get a free driver's test after I failed my first.
I played so much Majora's Mask I got sick of it.

Wait, those are all negative things in disguise. :D

I spent some good time with friends.

Vampyr
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
I play TF2 on the PC instead of the Xbox, which has a boat load more content and is infinitely more balanced. :cool:

DeathsHand
09-22-2009, 11:12 PM
I got a 98 on my first Biology test, which I later found out was the highest in my class (whose average was mid 70s) :o

I sent my SDV 100 instructor an E-mail on how my required enrollment his class is "Like requiring an atheist to go through Sunday school" and how I highly doubt I'll actually come away having learned anything meaningful to me, and came away with a more suitable way to earn a decent grade in the "class".

I finally bought new ink for my printer and resisted the urge to suck out all the Cyan (shades of blue make anything look delicious).

ZebraRampage
09-23-2009, 12:18 AM
One of my classes is canceled on Thursday due to the expectation of protests on my campus regarding the G20 Summit. Hopefully my other class that day will be canceled too.

Typhoid
09-23-2009, 01:41 AM
I worked on a song for the first time in 4 months tonight.
I guess that's something.

TheSlyMoogle
09-23-2009, 03:42 AM
I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost a month now. That's a positive accomplishment. My wallet is happier, My lungs are happier. All around good times.

Teuthida
09-23-2009, 04:22 PM
I found a new band I really really like and got complimented by a comics seasoned pro.

Bond
09-23-2009, 04:37 PM
I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost a month now. That's a positive accomplishment. My wallet is happier, My lungs are happier. All around good times.
http://www.gametavern.net/forums/ht/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Vampyr
09-23-2009, 05:34 PM
http://www.gametavern.net/forums/ht/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Are you offering him a lighter?

BreakABone
09-23-2009, 05:48 PM

Was hoping, you would admit to liking the vagina finally...

Hmm, let's see...

I got X-men Volume 3 and 4 on DVD.

DeathsHand
09-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Was hoping, you would admit to liking the vagina finally...

How would you define vagina?

Dylflon
09-24-2009, 01:29 AM
I finished shooting my grad film recently.

Also, I assistant directed another film this week and I wasn't feeling too good about how the shoot went but the director came and thanked me for saving her life and said it was the best shoot she'd ever had.

KillerGremlin
09-24-2009, 04:39 AM
I scored a 172 on my practice LSAT over the weekend, which constitutes major pwnage.

Does that make you a genius?

Bond
09-24-2009, 10:14 AM
I finished shooting my grad film recently.

Also, I assistant directed another film this week and I wasn't feeling too good about how the shoot went but the director came and thanked me for saving her life and said it was the best shoot she'd ever had.
I couldn't help but feel a sexual undertone while reading this.

KillerGremlin
09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
I couldn't help but feel a sexual undertone while reading this.

Did you feel it with your genius?

Ric
09-24-2009, 05:51 PM
My Yonger brother is visiting for the day before going off on his travels elsewhere tomorrow.

AND I get the day off on Sunday, woo hoo! Finally, I have not had a day off since August bank holliday. 7 day weeks a killer BUT I get paid tomorrow (friday) ;)

KillerGremlin
09-24-2009, 07:08 PM
I discovered the joy of ménage à trois.

Fox 6
09-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Snap.

Pics or it did not happen!

Swan
09-24-2009, 10:14 PM
I discovered the joy of ménage à trois.

Give me a day and I will find the video.

Combine 017
09-24-2009, 10:45 PM

Ya but you're not as cool now.

Angrist
09-25-2009, 04:41 AM
I'm going to visit my family this weekend!

ZebraRampage
09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
I hope I can find something positive today.

My girlfriend lost her wallet last night, and she was supposed to fly out here to see me today, but since she lost her identification, she can't get past security at the airport, meaning she can't fly out to see me.

Angrist
09-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Losing identification is BAD. Gonna cost her money?

My bro and I are going to see Carries in half an hour!

ZebraRampage
09-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Losing identification is BAD. Gonna cost her money?

My bro and I are going to see Carries in half an hour!

The good news is that she found out she lost her wallet on a university bus, so it was placed in the lost and found. The bad news is it's too late to visit me now. But we're trying to revalidate the tickets for another date.

KillerGremlin
09-29-2009, 07:44 PM
In one of my classes my professor told me he heard things (not necessarily good things though, lol :ohreilly: ) from a professor from another class I took. I totally rocked the other class and thought I had a good relationship with the professor so does that mean I am gaining credibility. :p

More than likely the other professor probably told the new one that I smell.

ZebraRampage
09-29-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm re-establishing a student chapter that went away five years ago at my college. ASHE, American Society of Highway Engineers. I'm going to be the president for the student chapter too, so that's awesome. Since I'm graduating soon, I won't really be doing anything but starting it up again for future students, but it'll be great for my resume.

Dylflon
09-30-2009, 05:27 AM
I don't have to be on another film set until October 8th!

That means I have time to catch up on 300 pages of reading, and hopefully edit a music video so I can start editing my own movie.

I'm pumped since I've only had...3-4 days off in the last 5 weeks and a bit.

Angrist
09-30-2009, 06:54 AM
I've did a good amount of work on my thesis yesterday, and I feel like working on it again today!

Ric
09-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Ya but you're not as cool now.

:lol:

Not by half AND you're not allowed to wear a leather jacket anymore either.

Yesterday on my way to work in the morning I saw a squirrel collecting and hiding acors for the winter. He was still at it when I came home after work that day. Today I saw him again.

I also saw a ninja squirrel seemingly fly up the side of a wall about 6ft tall, run along it really fast then leap off into a tree about five feet away. It was cool.

KillerGremlin
09-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I did good on my exam. Hooray for me.

I also took an epic dump today. It was like staring into the Grand Canyon. I almost took a picture.

Angrist
10-01-2009, 05:19 AM
A neighbours cat let itself pat today. They have another cat which was already friendly with me, but this one was always scared. Not anymore apparently.

KillerGremlin
10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
A neighbours cat let itself pat today. They have another cat which was already friendly with me, but this one was always scared. Not anymore apparently.

Did you offer it candy if it got into your car?

The Germanator
10-01-2009, 11:14 PM
My friend beat Yo! Noid today!!! I really never thought I'd see the game beaten. Incredible!

Angrist
10-02-2009, 05:29 AM
Did you offer it candy if it got into your car?Of course not!

I don't have a car. :(

ZebraRampage
10-04-2009, 04:24 PM
I finally fixed the brakes on my bike!

Also, my girlfriend finally got tickets to come see me, confirmed. Sure it's a month later than we wanted..but better late than never. I don't know why, but because she was flight with two different airlines, she was having issues getting new tickets with her old canceled ticket that was re-validated.

KillerGremlin
10-15-2009, 07:43 PM
It's Friday eve!

BreakABone
10-16-2009, 02:07 AM
I finally got to try Good Burger, it was a really awesome burger.

Typhoid
10-16-2009, 02:54 AM
I went through all my change today, and I have roughly 90 bucks in change.

Angrist
10-16-2009, 08:55 AM
So far I've done some good work on my thesis.
Negative side is that it's not as much as I hoped for.

KillerGremlin
10-16-2009, 10:11 AM
I finally got to try Good Burger, it was a really awesome burger.

Did you have sex with it or did you eat it?

and Angrist/Cowboy Earl: what is your thesis?

Angrist
10-16-2009, 11:16 AM
My MSc thesis on experience of emotion in natural environments. I interviewed 18 people to discuss every possible aspect of experiences they've had in nature.
So now I have chapters with stuff that influences the experience of emotion. Like weather. Other people. Associating a situation (a dead forest) with something else (the apocalypse). How wild the area is. How well people know it.
I like it, but I lack some self-discipline and motivation. :) Getting better though.

ZebraRampage
10-22-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm extremely excited right now because I finally get to see my girlfriend! :D I guess I'll just say that I'm going to have a positive weekend instead of just saying something positive for everyday.

Typhoid
10-23-2009, 12:30 AM
I got my welding job back barring my ability to work because of my back.

First day back was today, after not moving for 3 hours after work, I feel okay.

BreakABone
10-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I got my welding job back barring my ability to work because of my back.

First day back was today, after not moving for 3 hours after work, I feel okay.

Congrats on that.

I er.. hmm got to see Spinto Band and concert and see Danny.
That's cool.

I've got my costume semi-ready, and trying to organize an event for work.

Teuthida
10-25-2009, 06:24 AM
I went out for the first time in months (to see The Spinto Band) where I interacted with other humans.

Angrist
10-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Did you get pictures of the three GTers?

What's positive here: I've been working on my thesis all day. I wanted to hand in the results chapter this afternoon. But I didn't have enough time. And I'm incredibly stressed! :(

Fox 6
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
I ended up getting 85% on an exam I thought I totally bombed. haha

Bube
10-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I actually can't find anything positive about my day. Or recent days, for that matter. I've been a bit depressed lately, and not being able to find one positive thing about my day got me even more depressed :(

Bond
10-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I actually can't find anything positive about my day. Or recent days, for that matter. I've been a bit depressed lately, and not being able to find one positive thing about my day got me even more depressed :(
How is medical school going?

Bube
10-26-2009, 04:29 PM
How is medical school going?
Meh. This year I'm doing surgical rotations, so it's all either practical or theoretical surgery. Which makes me want to kill myself.

If there was a chance to skip forward in my life, as in Click, this year would be it.

I passed my ophthalmology exam a few days ago, and currently doing orthopedics. My ortho professors (proff...? :p) are going to make us work very hard. It's going to be a long 3 weeks.

Oh, and I'm also studying for the USMLE-like test we take after we graduate (which is in 2 years). I'm taking extra classes on weekends, so that leaves me with no free days. I can't even sleep in!

See why I'm depressed? :)

Angrist
10-27-2009, 09:58 AM
You need to be more like the people in Scrubs! They prove that you can have fun during stuff like that. :D

Something positive here: I don't miss Scrubs at all (just finished season 1). Right now I'm rewatching Firefly. :love:

KillerGremlin
10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Meh. This year I'm doing surgical rotations, so it's all either practical or theoretical surgery. Which makes me want to kill myself.

If there was a chance to skip forward in my life, as in Click, this year would be it.

I passed my ophthalmology exam a few days ago, and currently doing orthopedics. My ortho professors (proff...? :p) are going to make us work very hard. It's going to be a long 3 weeks.

Oh, and I'm also studying for the USMLE-like test we take after we graduate (which is in 2 years). I'm taking extra classes on weekends, so that leaves me with no free days. I can't even sleep in!

See why I'm depressed? :)

Med school students have high rates of depression. Or so I have heard. But just think, once you get done with it you will be one of the most highly respected members of society and you'll have a nice paycheck to boot.

Bube
10-27-2009, 01:52 PM
Not really, it's not that much here. New graduates earn somewhere between $1000-1250 :) That's not enough in this country..

Oh, and one thing I didn't mention in previous post, I'm having a bit of relationship trouble, so.. I think that's the main reason..

Why am I posting all this here?! :p

Bond
10-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Not really, it's not that much here. New graduates earn somewhere between $1000-1250 :) That's not enough in this country..
$1000 - 1250 a month? Wow. That's insulting to the medical profession.

Bube
10-27-2009, 02:04 PM
$1000 - 1250 a month? Wow. That's insulting to the medical profession.
I agree with you. Keep in mind, the rent of a normal, livable apartment is around $500, and the price of gas is $2 a liter. 1 liter is equal to about 0.25 gallons, so that's $8 a gallon. Nice. I just got even more depressed.

Edit: You know what, I just read my post, and I find the fact that we pay $8/g is just hilariously funny :D

KillerGremlin
10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Wow, I'm sorry that you don't get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars annually. You should come to America. :p But we have our own problems...The thing is you're still in a highly respective field, and once you get done with it I'm sure you will feel accomplished and that will make it all worth it.

Anyway, I sense a disturbance in your pants. Relationship problems you say?

Bube
10-28-2009, 08:29 AM
I'm thinking about going somewhere after I graduate. But I had Canada in mind :) I'm not saying I should be paid hundreds of thousands, but 1000 is a bit low, don't you think? :)

And to your second question, yes, unfortunately. But I'd rather not talk about it, it doesn't look too good right now..

Dylflon
10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm thinking about going somewhere after I graduate. But I had Canada in mind :) I'm not saying I should be paid hundreds of thousands, but 1000 is a bit low, don't you think? :)

And to your second question, yes, unfortunately. But I'd rather not talk about it, it doesn't look too good right now..

Canada, Canada, Canada!

Vampyr
10-30-2009, 05:36 PM
So, as some of you may know, the laptop I bought when I was a Freshman randomly and mysteriously died a few months ago. Since then I've bought a new Sony Vaio, which I love.

I've been meaning to buy an external enclosure for the two hard drives in my old computer, since like a moron I didn't back up my stuff very often. I've been terrified that my hard drive was dead, and that was the reason the computer wouldn't start. If that was true, it would mean that I lost tons and tons of pictures of vacations, christmases, my kitten, my girlfriend and I, plus tons of other things, including bookmarks I've had forever.

I finally ordered an enclosure from newegg, popped in my old hard drive...and it worked!

Now time to backup my system onto a couple of DVD's.

Teuthida
10-31-2009, 06:54 PM
I got asked to submit a comic to an adults only smallpress Australian comic magazine called YUCK! That was a good lesson to always check your spam folder. Now I wonder if I missed out on other jobs.

On an art forum I belong to, joined in on a Christmas art swap and got quite a popular fellow as my swapper. He even has his own wikipedia page. :)

KillerGremlin
11-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I tipped the scale at 209lbs on Saturday. That means I have 20 pounds to go before I am in the "healthy weight" according to the BMI. That is pretty much my new goal, 189 or thereabouts.

I have a long way to go, because you figure on a good week I lose 1 pound, on a better week I lose 3....and on a shitty week I stay about the same (which happened 2 weeks ago).

But I'm actually really enjoying dieting. I'm eating less food but I'm eating meals more frequently. I've been eating consistent breakfasts which has seemed to really help. I have more energy overall. Also, since I'm no longer in the business of stuffing myself till I am uncomfortably full...I haven't felt uncomfortably full. :lol:

It's weird because I don't miss a lot of the unhealthy foods that I ate frequently...chips, cookies, soda (partially because you can supplement this with 0 calorie carbonated water). I do miss beer though. Beer and chocolate. I mean damn, I really miss beer. :( At least with chocolate you can still eat it, just sparingly or in pseudo-healthy ways (fiber bars/granola bars).

Once I hit my goal I'm having a beer. :p

Anyway, I also went to a pretty decent sushi place. This isn't all that big of news except that this sushi place is right across the street from where I live, so I can literally walk out of my place and go get yummy sushi. And the sushi was pretty good. I LOVE ginger and wasabi!

Dylflon
11-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I lost 5 pounds due to the swine flu. I figured I'd gain it back right away. But instead, I lost an additional pound.

Awesome!

Combine 017
11-03-2009, 08:01 PM
I lost 5 pounds due to the swine flu. I figured I'd gain it back right away. But instead, I lost an additional pound.

Awesome!

You see, not all viruses are bad.

ZebraRampage
11-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Only 46 more days until I graduate from college. I can't wait for December 19th.

KillerGremlin
11-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Man, my college is winding down too. 2 more classes and I have my Minor in Gender and Women Studies secured. A few more Psychology classes and I have my BA in Applied Psych. I'm 99% sure I'm doing grad school straight out of undergrad so that means I need to decide between a PHD or a Masters. Also I need to get a job doing research or working as a Teacher's Assistant while I am in Grad School.

Fox 6
11-04-2009, 07:59 PM
I got a $1200 scholarship check at a ceremony today!

Combine 017
11-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I got a $1200 scholarship check at a ceremony today!

Was it oversized?

Bond
11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Man, my college is winding down too. 2 more classes and I have my Minor in Gender and Women Studies secured. A few more Psychology classes and I have my BA in Applied Psych. I'm 99% sure I'm doing grad school straight out of undergrad so that means I need to decide between a PHD or a Masters. Also I need to get a job doing research or working as a Teacher's Assistant while I am in Grad School.
What about a BA in Psych and an MBA? Or a PHD/MBA program?

Swan
11-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Scored 100% on my test yesterday

Fox 6
11-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Was it oversized?

nope :(

Angrist
11-05-2009, 11:52 AM

Awesome!I'm telling you, H1N1 is the best thing that can happen to you.

My thesis supervisor was very positive about my work.
I won a coupon for €50 of groceriers.
Driving lessons went well. My instructor has faith in me.
Something I forgot.

TeefTomi73
11-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Please share with us something POSITIVE that youve learned from an ex. Could be the last one, or 3 exes ago. Whether its about yourself, or about human nature.

Angrist
11-11-2009, 03:22 AM
I just handed in my thesis. That's positive.

But I had to stay up ALL NIGHT to work on it. I've been busy for 14 hours straight. :eek3:

So now I'll crawl into bed.

KillerGremlin
11-14-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm doing good in school, and the scale today said 199 pounds! This is the first time since high school that my weight has been under 200 pounds! I have 10 more pounds to (189) before my BMI is in a "healthy" range. I'd like to hit 189 and I'll slow down my dieting a little, I still want to get my weight down to around 180 so I'm a bit below the bare minimum for a healthy BMI. So, basically, I still have a lot of dieting left to do. :D

Also, I've seen two advisers and have a good shot at grad school. I need to do good on the GRE (goal = 1200). I also need to get some letters or recommendation and do some research. I'm really hoping I can get into a PHD program.

KillerGremlin
11-14-2009, 05:06 PM
What about a BA in Psych and an MBA? Or a PHD/MBA program?

I've heard that for an MBA you want to go out and work and get some real world experience for a few years before pursing the MBA.

I'm going to graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology and a Minor in Gender and Women Studies. The GWS Minor is to help me with Graduate school so I can apply into a Clinical Psychology program that emphasizes sexual studies (as my goal is to do Relationship/Sexual Therapy).

I honestly have minimal interest in Business and would prefer to work close with helping people and furthering my knowledge in the field of Psychology. And the PHD program for Clinical Psychology is quite intense, it's 4 years of heavy coursework plus 2-3 years of time for a Dissertation, plus time for an internship and time for the required APA certification.

That is of course if I can get into a PHD program. My GPA is not great due to my time in Engineering. I need to see how the GRE goes, what research I can get over the next year and a half, what letters of recommendation I can secure, and all that fun stuff. I'm really hoping I can knock out a 1200 on my GRE.

Teuthida
11-15-2009, 08:05 AM
I found a wad of cash hidden away in a book I completely forgot about from a past job...and went right to paying bills. *sigh*

Acebot44
11-18-2009, 02:14 AM
A+ on both of my mid terms, admission into the Law Fellows program. Enrolled in all the classes I wanted for the upcoming quarter too. Good times.

Typhoid
11-18-2009, 02:51 AM
I don't have to wake up early anymore!

Teuthida
11-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Didn't have bed bugs afterall...

...I still have mosquitos. I blame global warning.

Typhoid
11-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Babsy bought me a game.

Fox 6
11-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Finally finished my 32 page book in InDesign. Worst project ever.....................................................

Teuthida
11-29-2009, 08:35 PM
How easy to learn is InDesign? Any idea how it compares to QuarkXPress? I'm able to take some free graphic design courses and was wondering which ones I should go with.

The Germanator
12-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm going to apply for job working on the US Census 2010. I don't know why, but I'm kind of looking forward to knocking on people's doors and pissing them off with questions.

Typhoid
12-08-2009, 06:29 PM
My friend just dropped off a shirt he got me for Christmas.

It's a light blue shirt with Mario on the front that says "Party like it's 1985".

Awesome.

BreakABone
12-08-2009, 06:54 PM
My friend just dropped off a shirt he got me for Christmas.

It's a light blue shirt with Mario on the front that says "Party like it's 1985".

Awesome.

http://media.80stees.com/images/products/Nintendo_Mario_Party_Like_its_1985-T.jpg
?

I wanted this one, but already have a Mario 85 shirt.

Typhoid
12-08-2009, 07:32 PM
That's the one.

Bond
12-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Snow Day bitches.

Fox 6
12-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Snow Day bitches.

Bah humbug!

Psh at least im in my last week nah nah a boo boo :p

Bond
12-09-2009, 01:46 AM
We're in a blizzard - wahoo.

Angrist
12-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Gimme snow!! :(

I might get a job (only for 6+ months)... I'll know more in a week.

The Germanator
12-09-2009, 09:34 PM
We're partially done recording 3 songs of the new Spinto Band record. Yea.

Teuthida
12-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Shall be doing a 10th Muse crossover miniseries with other indie superheroes.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/323106-78881-10th-muse.jpg

Nervous as hell. Following so many great artists. If I had a gag reflex I'd vomit with excitement.

ZebraRampage
12-10-2009, 03:15 PM
I just finished my last undergraduate college class. Now I just had a presentation tomorrow, two finals, and a paper left. I can't wait to be done!

Acebot44
12-11-2009, 04:20 AM
I'm in a state of bliss right now, just thinking of how far a lot of the members of this forum have gone so far, academic and real-life wise. Congrats on everythings, great job everyone. :D

Angrist
12-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Thanks. :D

I'm currently waiting to hear about a temporary job.

Fox 6
12-11-2009, 10:35 AM
2 more exams today and my cruel run of 9 finals will be over!

LET THE BREAK BEGIN!

Fox 6
12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!

Finally done the semester!

ZebraRampage
12-19-2009, 11:22 PM
I finished my last final today, so now I'm done with college! Well, I'm done just as long as I passed everything.

Bond
12-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Nice.

I have one more final on Tuesday at 7:25pm. Have to do well on it for another 4.0.

Angrist
12-20-2009, 07:28 AM
I love snow so much. The only 3 disadvantages of it are the dangerous road conditions, not being able to lead a normal life, and the melting of snow-covered ice.

Dylflon
12-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Grades are in.

2 A's and 1 A-

Teuthida
12-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I got a bigass new scanner. No more scanning each comic page multiple times and aligning the pieces up on photoshop. It's a thing of beauty.

Bond
12-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Ffffrrrrreeeedddddoooooooooooommmmmm!!!!

Although I might have to settle for a 3.9 instead of the 4.0 I wanted.

Typhoid
12-23-2009, 05:35 AM
I saved Christmas at work.
We got some dumb large order that had to be shipped by Christmas, on top of the orders we had - so I didn't take a break today to finish it, and as a result none of us have to go in until after January, opposed to working until Christmas Eve.

Acebot44
12-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Got two A+'s and an A the last quarter.

Spent the weekend in a snow covered mountain cabin with 15 of my closest friends.

Will be in Vegas with my family and a couple buddies from the 24th to the 27th.

Then have plans to go up to South Lake Tahoe for New Years and some snowboarding.

Signed up to feed the homeless and donate some food/cash in a couple weeks.

Had my first photoshoot for a friends new fashion blog the other day and was able to pull out some solid pics with my new f1.8 50mm lens.

Here are some pics from the last week:

Combine 017
12-30-2009, 03:49 AM
Got myself a Macbook.

Typhoid
12-30-2009, 06:13 PM
My aunt who I never see anymore came over and gave me pot?

The Germanator
01-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm drinking some eggnog I made on Black Friday, so it's aged 37 days. It's tasting really good.

Acebot44
01-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Learned how to get a free 3-month trial of Amazon Prime like so:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679405429/ref=oss_T15_product?tag=dealswoot-20

* Click the link above to Pride and Prejudice
* Click the Add to Cart with FREE Two-Day shipping button on the right side of the page
* Click Proceed to checkout button
* Review the trial offer details, then click Start my free trial

You will then end up at the Place your order page at which point you may leave the page without placing an order and keep your free trial without making a purchase. Visit your account details, then click on Manage Your Prime Membership. From there, choose to not Auto-Upgrade after your 3-month trial expires, or else you'll get charged $79.00 at its conclusion.

Enjoy!

Teuthida
01-03-2010, 03:31 AM
I did that too a couple weeks ago. My first purchase came nice and quick. My next two day shipping order took well over a week. I guess because of Xmas and all...but if I was paying $79 a year for this that would really suck.

Bond
01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Just got a summer internship at a Fortune 500 financial services company at $16/hr. :)

ZebraRampage
01-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Just got a summer internship at a Fortune 500 financial services company at $16/hr. :)

That's pretty good pay for an internship. I'll be sure to post in here when I get a job.

The Germanator
01-15-2010, 05:46 PM
We got booked for a festival in Spain in March. They're paying for flights and everything. Should be pretty fun.

Angrist
02-12-2010, 09:29 AM
I want to go to Spain too.
No wait! I don't. I think I'm boycotting it because of the bull fights etc. Hmm then I should boycot France as well...

Aaanyway my week ended with something positive. I just got called, they have a temporary job for me. :D

Fox 6
03-01-2010, 04:51 PM
First day back at school, walk into our PC lab (which is filled with crappy PCs). It is now filled with with the brand new 27" iMacs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZebraRampage
03-01-2010, 05:08 PM
I got a call this morning from a consultant company seeing my resume on career builder. They want to send my resume to SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority) to do consultant work for them as a bridge or construction inspector. It pays $25.00/hr with 40 hr weeks, so that's quite a bit of money starting out. It's kind of a temporary job, because it's like being a contractor where you only work when there is work, but it'll be a good way to start bringing in money.

Dylflon
03-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Passed my road test!

And it's my birthday tomorrow!

Typhoid
03-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Passed my road test!

And it's my birthday tomorrow!

So now you are you're own Andrew.

Swan
03-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Beat Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran!

ZebraRampage
03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
I am pretty sure I just got a job. I had a two hour interview with the URS Corporation as a Bridge Engineer. They said I should know in a week, and it seems like they want to get me as soon as possible.

Acebot44
03-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Completed a semesters worth of reading in an evening.

I'm coming for yah, finals!

Fox 6
03-13-2010, 10:21 PM
about 4 weeks left of school and then a 6 week practicum.

Swan
03-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Got a job this previous week in my trade so that is pretty sweet.

Now I jsut need to get in shape

Acebot44
03-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Found out the Zooey Deschnel was at my old High School* and filmed her new music video there.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pZ3cTwI9bIw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pZ3cTwI9bIw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

*It's also been used for the movies..

Clockstoppers
Not Another Teen Movie
The Craft
and a bunch of others

The TV Shows...

Quantum Leap
Beverly Hills, 90210
Felicity
American Dreams
Summerland
Monk
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
and currently The Secret Life of the American Teenager

This might be my favorite use of it so far though

Angrist
03-17-2010, 05:46 AM
I got the jubileum edition of Colonists of Catan. A good deal, and I had some coupons to spend anyway!

KillerGremlin
03-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I rocked my exam to begin practice Intake/Life History interviews.

I basically had to memorize all the client confidentiality, suicide assessment, dangerousness risk assessment, and basic 101s of doing an intake interview. I'm actually pretty psyched because next semester I should be starting up my internship doing actual supervised work in the field.

I'm totally psyched for counseling...research...not so much. lol, but that's what all the university's want these days.

BreakABone
03-20-2010, 01:51 PM
I rocked my exam to begin practice Intake/Life History interviews.

I basically had to memorize all the client confidentiality, suicide assessment, dangerousness risk assessment, and basic 101s of doing an intake interview. I'm actually pretty psyched because next semester I should be starting up my internship doing actual supervised work in the field.

I'm totally psyched for counseling...research...not so much. lol, but that's what all the university's want these days.

Oddly, my job didn't really do anything like that until a few months ago, we had to go to a training for it.

Though client confidentiality should be easy. Suicide assessments are difficult.

I also think that the danger scale is odd at times, but I think only because of the criteria. (Being a greater risk if been raped/sexual abused) and the likes.

Fox 6
03-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Im about 8 weeks from graduating and I already have a company interested in me. As part of our program, we have to take a 6 week work practicum.
this company wasnt going to take a student at all initially, but after meeting with 2 employees and having a mini-interview they are willing to offer me a practicum there. As of this morning I hadnt accepted, because i was weighing my options from another company that was interested in me. When i arrived today, my program head told me that they had phoned him multiple times inquiring about me, and they had already gone to their union and gotten a special permission for me to be able to work there for 6 weeks. needless to say this is about more than just a practicum, and i accepted. This is a very well off company that has moved into a new automated, and green facility, and they have an excellent reputation. They have been around since 1928 and are in their 3rd generation of family ownership.

Here is there website incase any of you were curious.

http://www.mitchellpress.com/

Bond
04-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Received a $2,000 merit scholarship from my university yesterday.

Fox 6
04-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Im about 8 weeks from graduating and I already have a company interested in me. As part of our program, we have to take a 6 week work practicum.
this company wasnt going to take a student at all initially, but after meeting with 2 employees and having a mini-interview they are willing to offer me a practicum there. As of this morning I hadnt accepted, because i was weighing my options from another company that was interested in me. When i arrived today, my program head told me that they had phoned him multiple times inquiring about me, and they had already gone to their union and gotten a special permission for me to be able to work there for 6 weeks. needless to say this is about more than just a practicum, and i accepted. This is a very well off company that has moved into a new automated, and green facility, and they have an excellent reputation. They have been around since 1928 and are in their 3rd generation of family ownership.

Here is there website incase any of you were curious.

http://www.mitchellpress.com/

So today was my first day of the practicum. My overall impressions are extremely positive, they have a brand new facility that is uber nice, and very impressive. Everyone i met is very nice and open.

But the main thing was their production operation which is very organized and streamlined. To top it off they have a printing press that is probably the most modern and advanced ive ever seen. They can print amazing quality at very high speeds (which is almost unheard of).

By the sounds of things, there is a good chance that this could lead into employment, which would be outstanding.

The Germanator
04-18-2010, 03:36 PM
I finally got hired for the census! $16.25 an hour and 50 cents per mile to knock on peoples' doors and get them to fill out a census form. Not too shabby though I may be going to semi-shady areas, so I'll have to be careful I suppose.

Typhoid
04-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Congratulations.
You should buy a gun.

The Germanator
04-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Heheh. Hmm, if only there were a thread to discuss when and why a person should buy a gun...

Combine 017
05-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Got a road test booked on Friday for my Class 5.
Lets hope I wont be posting in the "Something Negative" thread in a couple days. :p

Dylflon
05-05-2010, 01:38 AM
I finally got hired for the census! $16.25 an hour and 50 cents per mile to knock on peoples' doors and get them to fill out a census form. Not too shabby though I may be going to semi-shady areas, so I'll have to be careful I suppose.

For some reason after I read this post I became inspired to write a film about someone who works for the census.

Please share with me your craziest census experiences.

Fox 6
06-09-2010, 02:22 PM
this was buried pretty far back, guess a lot of positive stuff doesnt happen to us?

Just learned that i got one of the few achievement awards for 2nd year students. I dont know how much it is, find out on the 23rd. :D

Angrist
06-11-2010, 10:38 AM
I got a job interview and it went pretty well. Now I have to play the waiting game.
It's for a temporary job, 3.5 months.

Fox 6
06-14-2010, 04:39 PM
this was buried pretty far back, guess a lot of positive stuff doesnt happen to us?

Just learned that i got one of the few achievement awards for 2nd year students. I dont know how much it is, find out on the 23rd. :D

Just got an official letter, $500 and a trophy, nice!

Combine 017
06-18-2010, 08:29 PM
I passed my driving test and got my full license.
Time to celebrate by drinking copious amounts of booze!

Bond
06-18-2010, 08:37 PM
I passed my driving test and got my full license.
Time to celebrate by drinking copious amounts of booze!
And then driving home?

The Germanator
06-18-2010, 08:56 PM
And then driving home?

To make a drunk thread.

Combine 017
06-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Precisely.

Typhoid
06-19-2010, 04:41 AM
That was the best sequence of posts I've seen in a long time.

Fox 6
06-23-2010, 09:57 PM
What a day....

I graduated (with distinction)

Got a job offer

received my achievement award ($500 and trophy)

and i have another job interview tomorrow morning.

Angrist
06-24-2010, 08:41 AM
Sweet. I wish that would (have) happen(ed) to me. I'm still jobless, even though I'm pretty good at what I do...

Fox 6
06-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Too much of a good thing?

My interview today went pretty smooth, and the guy was cool. The shop does a lot of large graphics for 7-11's across Canada and all of British Columbia lottery graphics among other things. The job is a management roll in production and coordination and stuff lie that. I have good feelings.

So have two coal in the fire, i should know more on Wednesday about what i will do. I was a bit nervous phoning the guy who gave me the initial job offer if it was ok to wait till wednesday cuz i had another opportunity, but he was okay with it.

Dare I say that yesterday and today are 2 of the biggest days in my life?

Typhoid
06-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Which company(ies) are you applying at?

Fox 6
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Which company(ies) are you applying at?

http://www.mail-o-matic.com/?gclid=CNvU_oHZuaICFRNZiAodDxwK4A

and the large format company is called Prism Tech. Their website is very basic, but they are a solid operation. They have the largest UV screen press in this part of North America. They do a bunch of neat stuff including a couple of giant cut outs of characters that looked like they were designed by the same guy who does the cranium characters, (i know he is a real artist, cant remember his name)

Teuthida
07-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Woo, finished my first pro comic book. Took waaay longer than it should have. Won't be out till I finish more of this miniseries though. Better get crackin'.

Angrist
07-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Congrats! :)

Typhoid
07-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Something positive was Sandwich Day '010, which I finally decided to put pictures on a computer.

So now you can see some delicious premium sandwiches.

Ingredients:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs088.ash2/37747_10150226653785263_597165262_13785154_4185771_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs168.snc4/37747_10150226653790263_597165262_13785155_6084572_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs088.ash2/37747_10150226653795263_597165262_13785156_3354431_n.jpg

The making of:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs097.ash2/38176_10150226653860263_597165262_13785157_2383833_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs051.snc4/34932_10150226654115263_597165262_13785163_6441419_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs177.snc4/38176_10150226653865263_597165262_13785158_2856178_n.jpg

The eating of:

Dylflon's Brother
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs197.snc4/38176_10150226653870263_597165262_13785159_5602405_n.jpg

Dylflon
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs051.snc4/34932_10150226654120263_597165262_13785164_1784468_n.jpg

Fox 6
07-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Turned $15 into $145 last night playing slots.Came out at about +$120 after I bought a round of drinks for friends.

Acebot44
07-25-2010, 02:58 PM
After living in the US for over 14 years, I was finally awarded citizenship this week.

Time to weigh my options of one shitty politician over another.

Fox 6
07-25-2010, 03:05 PM
After living in the US for over 14 years, I was finally awarded citizenship this week.

Time to weigh my options of one shitty politician over another.

Just out of curiosity, where were are you from originally?

Acebot44
07-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Iran, hence the delay

Dylflon
07-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Man...those were good sandwiches.

The Germanator
07-26-2010, 04:54 PM
So we have a day off in Los Angeles right now and I'm staying at a ridiculous house in the 90210 with a pool and everything. A family friend owns it, but he travels all the time, so he's letting us stay here. It's pretty sweet to feel wealthy for a day before we get back in the van and keep on slumming it.

BreakABone
07-26-2010, 04:56 PM
So we have a day off in Los Angeles right now and I'm staying at a ridiculous house in the 90210 with a pool and everything. A family friend owns it, but he travels all the time, so he's letting us stay here. It's pretty sweet to feel wealthy for a day before we get back in the van and keep on slumming it.

You should invite Acebot over, and have a GT party. :p

ZebraRampage
07-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I went on a 30 mile bike ride today with lots of hills, yet I'm performing really well on them now.

Typhoid
07-30-2010, 05:03 PM
In the words of Professor Farnsworth: "Good news, everyone!"

Turns out I don't need a new robot spine. I got my CT scans back, and it shows that nothing pre-existing was wrong with my spine before the accident, and every ounce of pain [which is 4 herniated discs in the lower spine] I've felt over the past 5 months is the sole cause of the accident, and will require an additional 2-3 months of work-rehab.

This will make my lawyer very happy.
And when my lawyer is happy, I am happy.

Typhoid
08-04-2010, 05:28 AM
After some extensive wikipediaing, I have discovered one thing:

1: Boredom induced sleuthing has advantages.

So in Canada medicinal pot is legal, but only for certain situations. Disease, spinal chord problems due to injury, epilepsy. Wait, what was that - spinal chord problems? Why, I have one of those!

So after reading about the spinal chord itself, the spinal chord ends around the L1/L2 vertebrae. Meaning that anything lower than the L1/L2 [basically the small of your back] area doesn't classify as 'spinal chord'. After reading my CT scan report, I have a few herniated discs, two of which are at L1 [i]and L2 [the others being lower].

Therefore technically due to Canadian law, I am eligible for medicinal marijuana.

Teuthida
08-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Very nice. Have you noticed it to help any (assuming you've smoked since your accident)?

Typhoid
08-04-2010, 06:13 PM
You assume completely correctly. I've been smoking it since I was 18 [regularly or semi-regularly], and to be totally honest - it does help with the back pain.

I've been on codeine every day [so I'm able to function] for the past 5 months, and I'd really love to not destroy my kidneys any longer.

Dylflon
08-05-2010, 10:16 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Now the government will be your weed dealer!

The Germanator
08-10-2010, 12:50 AM
I got to go to Lollapalooza yesterday, but only because the same promoter screwed up our Austin show. I got to kind of see MGMT and Arcade Fire from far away while drinking free booze. The highlight of the day was definitely just looking at all the babes in two pieces walking around though.

Dylflon
08-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Just finished the last essay I'll ever have to write.

I am done school forever!!

ZebraRampage
08-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Just finished the last essay I'll ever have to write.

I am done school forever!!

Hopefully you won't have to write anything worse than that in the future when you get a job. Wait, I'm supposed to be positive in this thread, right?

Dylflon
08-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Hopefully you won't have to write anything worse than that in the future when you get a job. Wait, I'm supposed to be positive in this thread, right?

I'll have to write tons of scripts and treatments and such. Probably budgets and a whole other whack of things I will write.

But never again will I ever have to write an essay. I've written hundreds of pages over the last 5 years. So happy to be done...

ZebraRampage
08-16-2010, 07:06 PM
My cats are being very happy and affectionate with each other in my room, while I've been listening to NEDM. I guess it only makes sense..