PDA

View Full Version : Movies/Shows That Take Place in Your City

BreakABone
09-20-2009, 03:31 PM
This is a pretty simple thread, just some shows or movies that you know that have taken place (even if not filmed) in your city or nearby.

Fox 6
09-20-2009, 03:37 PM
This is Hollywood North. Too many shows and movies are filmed here to name them!

magus113
09-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Dexter and CSI Miami though I read somewhere that they don't film here in Miami. And I think Burn Notice too.

BreakABone
09-20-2009, 04:39 PM
No, I meant shows that actually take place in your city like Dexter and CSI which are set in Miami

As opposed to shows/movies that are filmed in your area, that doesn't happen to many people.

Just curious because I know the big markets so more curious about the lesser of the big 3. NY, LA and Washington.

Swan
09-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Hmmm, a few shows set in Vancouver.

Mostly all canadian shows.

Da Vincis Inquest, Cold Case(I think)

The Germanator
09-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Hmm...

Philadelphia:
Rocky + sequels (obvious)
Philadelphia (more obvious??)
12 Monkeys
All M. Night Shyamalan films (He grew up in the area. I got to drink to the new year on a bar on the set of The Village, it was awesome)
National Treasure

TV Shows in Philly:

Cold Case (not anymore I think, but was filmed in Philly for the majority)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (obvious, but awesome)

Stuff in Wilmington, DE:

Not really sure, but I know one X-files episode was based in Wilmington.

Teuthida
09-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Let's see, NYC is too easy...so I'll go real local.

- The final battle in MIB takes place in Flushing Meadows Park.
- Fran Drescher's character on The Nanny is from Flushing (never watched enough to know if went back there)
- Ang Lee's The Wedding Banquet (never saw it)
(and if delve into comics, Spidey's Uncle Ben is buried at a cemetery near me and Stark Industries munitions plant was originally located in Flushing)

There was a scene from some movie involving a bank heist at a shopping center I used to go to. Don't remember what it was.

When I used to work in downtown Manhattan they'd frequently film Law & Order across the street. When I had to make deliveries to that building it was always a pain trying to get inside.

Angrist
09-21-2009, 04:59 AM
None that I know of. Oh wait!

http://www.neerlandsfilmdoek.nl/upload/kameleon/kameleon.jpg
Movie adaptation of a popular Dutch book series. Takes places (and was shot) around my birth town of Sneek.

And I bet some WWII movies take place in my current home town Wageningen, where the peace treaty was signed.

DeathsHand
09-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Any movie or TV show that has/had to do with American politics ever.
And Minority Report.

Typhoid
09-22-2009, 04:43 AM
For Vancouver:

Hard Core Logo
National Lampoon's Going the Distance
Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
Part of Babylon A.D., but I guess that doesn't count.
Da Vinci's Inquest
The Hitman (Starring Chuck Norris)
Intersection (Starring Richard Gere and Sharon Stone.)
Are we there yet (Starring Ice Cube)
Robson Arms (TV Show)
Danger Bay (TV Show)

Ginkasa
09-24-2009, 02:35 AM
All I can think of off the top of my head is Saving Grace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saving_Grace_(TV_series)).

KillerGremlin
09-24-2009, 04:42 AM
Blues Brothers, The Fugitive, Married With Children, Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Filmed...a shit ton of films. Of course, The Dark Knight. Gorgeous city Chicago is. The scene with Lower Whacker Drive is epic.

candy
10-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Well ,actually I can't find any films that take place nearby ,for I live the the countryside and the people here are always being neglect.

Angrist
10-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Ok, this post makes me think it's not a spammer. But it's still fishy.

BreakABone
10-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Ok, this post makes me think it's not a spammer. But it's still fishy.

I'm confused as well, the only thing is... its so topical, like her posts make sense (somewhat) and are relevant to the conversation.

The evolution of a Spambot?