PDA

View Full Version : Back to school?!

Fox 6
09-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Whos going back to school?

My first day is tomorrow. Last year baby!

Bond
09-08-2009, 02:26 PM
This is my second week.

Patiently waiting for the swine flu epidemic to shut down campus for weeks.

DeathsHand
09-08-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm back in school for the first time in *looks at watch*... about 10 years.

This is the start of our third week, and I just had to drop ENG 111 because my schedule was too crowded for such a reading intensive class... I'd get through a page and fall asleep.

That leaves me with PSY 201, BIO 101 Lecture/Lab, SDV 100, PED 116, and MTH 3 (That's algebra 1, but hey, I haven't really used math in *looks at watch*... about 10 years)... 13 credit hours...
And a part-time job.

I'm also patiently waiting for the swine flu epidemic to shut down campus for weeks.

Swan
09-08-2009, 07:47 PM
I've been in school since May

The Germanator
09-08-2009, 08:52 PM
I haven't been to school in a while. I should get back to that one of these years.

Vampyr
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Starting on my third week.

Taking Matrix Algebra, Calculus 4, Introduction to Operating Systems, Web Programming, and Human sexuality.

Also waiting on swine flu to shut down campus.

ZebraRampage
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm in my last semester of undergrad, so I'll be graduating in December. I'm taking my Civil Engineering Senior Design and the focus is on Transportation, Traffic Management and Operations, ArcGIS Mapping, and my writing class is Intro to Econometrics.

As for the swine flu, there have already been a few cases of it on my campus. The precautions so far are just to wash your hands a lot, and make sure you cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze. I hope that they're taking other precautions than just that..

Swan
09-08-2009, 11:01 PM
I know in February we get 2 weeks of shut down because of the olympics.

Though my program ends a few weeks before that.

The Germanator
09-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm in my last semester of undergrad, so I'll be graduating in December. I'm taking my Civil Engineering Senior Design and the focus is on Transportation, Traffic Management and Operations, ArcGIS Mapping, and my writing class is Intro to Econometrics.

As for the swine flu, there have already been a few cases of it on my campus. The precautions so far are just to wash your hands a lot, and make sure you cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze. I hope that they're taking other precautions than just that..

For young, healthy adults, Swine Flu isn't any worse than your run of the mill flu, so I wouldn't be all that worried on a campus filled of presumably young, healthy adults. I had some kind of wicked two day flu right around when the H1N1 hubbub started. I don't know if it was swine flu, but if it was it wasn't that bad.

DeathsHand
09-09-2009, 12:08 AM
For young, healthy adults, Swine Flu isn't any worse than your run of the mill flu, so I wouldn't be all that worried on a campus filled of presumably young, healthy adults. I had some kind of wicked two day flu right around when the H1N1 hubbub started. I don't know if it was swine flu, but if it was it wasn't that bad.

I don't believe they're necessarily worried that it will harm young, healthy adults in the long run. Methinks they're more worried about it spreading like wildfire because nobody's built up any immunity to it.

And a college in which (oh, let's say) 75% of the students and faculty members are out sick for a week+ on end isn't going to operate very effectively.
Not to mention there are bound to be some students who aren't as healthy as most young adults...
And I'm not sure how it works at other colleges, but at least 2 of my instructors are decrepit old men. So won't somebody please think of the decrepit old men?

BlueFire
09-09-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm in my second week as well. Last year. Oh dear.

I'm taking:
Latin American Politics and IR
Philosophy of the Enlightenment
US Political Parties
Universal History

and after calculating, I will probably have written 81 pages worth of papers by December 21st.

...fun fun.

Teuthida
09-09-2009, 01:11 AM
This is the start of my second year out of schooling. If I'm not able to completely support myself with cartooning within the next year or so I'm probably going to go back to school to get a degree to teach high school biology.

Angrist
09-09-2009, 07:38 AM
The academic year started again, but it does't really matter to me. I've basically been working all summer (not that hard though) and I hope to finish up this month.

KillerGremlin
09-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Hmm...4th year, should be graduating in 4.5 or 5 years because of the major transition from Engineering to Applied Psychology...taking 3rd Semester of Spanish (1 more after this), Advanced Statistics for Applied Psychology, Statistical Methods and Psychological Testing, Gender and Women Studies: Sex Community, LGBT in Contemporary Society, and Gender and Women Studies: Feminism and Social Change.