PDA

View Full Version : Zombieland: Crowd pleaser?

Dyne
08-16-2009, 12:41 AM
Before District 9 a preview trailer for this movie was on, and the huge group of nerds beside me really seemed to love this preview. There was a lot of "Ahhhhh!"s and "Ohhhhh yyyyyyeeeeeeahhhhhhhhh!"s going on.

People seem to like zombies. I heard there were zombies downtown today, everybody seems to play Left 4 Dead, and zombies in general seem to have replaced pirates/vikings/ninjas in pop culture as the "it" thing.

Do you think Zombieland will fulfill your zombie needs?

Swan
08-16-2009, 01:14 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUD-PFm07SI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUD-PFm07SI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This movie looks like it will be pretty fun. Got the hot chick from Superbad. That guy who is like Michael Cera.

Shall be a good time

Typhoid
08-16-2009, 03:41 AM
I enjoyed the preview they played before District 9, so I'll probably go watch it.

BreakABone
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
This looks like good wholesome zombie fun, but I do wonder when zombies will become overplayed like Nazis.

The Germanator
08-16-2009, 09:27 PM
This looks like good wholesome zombie fun, but I do wonder when zombies will become overplayed like Nazis.

I think it's happened if they are combined.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-KQh87_V2Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3-KQh87_V2Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

KillerGremlin
08-18-2009, 06:48 PM
I think Zombieland looks really dumb. I'll go see it of course.

Woody Harrelson is the man so that's +1 point. Plus it has hot chicks in it so that's +1. It also has zombies so +1. And the old piano out the window joke...with a zombie, that's +1.

So here we sit at +4. Now the question is how is the plot going to work? Is this going to be some goofy movie where they just kill zombies in entertaining ways? If so I guess they better hope I don't get bored.

BreakABone
09-10-2009, 02:16 AM
I got a free pass to go see this tomorrow evening.

If it doesn't rain or anything may just do that.
Now to find someone to go with....

Angrist
09-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Pick me pick me!

Nah, pick Danny or something.

Teuthida
09-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Danny is still pretty nocturnal and doesn't know if he can stay up that late.

BreakABone
09-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Really good movie.

Though less of a zombie movie than I expected.
Really funny and had some cool character moments.

Typhoid
09-14-2009, 04:37 AM
Phil, we should go see it sometime this week.
I have a gift card.:cool:

BreakABone
09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Phil, we should go see it sometime this week.
I have a gift card.:cool:

The movie isn't out for another 2 1/2 weeks or so. :(

KillerGremlin
10-17-2009, 02:52 PM
It was either this or Paranormal Activity last night, so I saw Zombieland (still plan on seeing Paranormal).

I haven't laughed so hard in so long. The cameo of a famous actor whose name I won't mention but may or may not have been in Ghostbusters made me laugh harder than I have in a very long time. Also, the whole movie is dripping with humor, and the post-Apocalyptic backdrop is wonderful. My second favorite scene was probably the 406 girl scene.

If you like Zombies and movies that make you laugh see Zombieland!

Fox 6
10-17-2009, 04:31 PM
It was either this or Paranormal Activity last night, so I saw Zombieland (still plan on seeing Paranormal).

I haven't laughed so hard in so long. The cameo of a famous actor whose name I won't mention but may or may not have been in Ghostbusters made me laugh harder than I have in a very long time. Also, the whole movie is dripping with humor, and the post-Apocalyptic backdrop is wonderful. My second favorite scene was probably the 406 girl scene.

If you like Zombies and movies that make you laugh see Zombieland!

This is great! Your about to find out who they are going to call!

Dylflon
10-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Amazing mix of hilarity and actual nerve racking zombie attack moments.

KillerGremlin
10-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of tension during certain parts of the film. It would be fun if they made a sequel....or a TV show with a group of survivors moving across the country. I hope the Walking Dead TV show isn't a total failure and the writers are smart enough to deviate the plot from the comic....

/sigh

D.Edget
10-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Nice I used to always do misted bodies like that. But yours looks better than any of mine ever did. I like the colors.

What rear tires are those?

Poombormaph
12-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Most of us have seen them both at this point,now to put everyone on the spot which one was better,zombieland or bastards and why?

TheSlyMoogle
12-29-2009, 03:08 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/10/128864800451517244.jpg