PDA

View Full Version : Horror movie night?

KillerGremlin
07-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Earl and I have bounced around the idea of doing a horror movie night, either with a B movie or a lesser known horror series. But we could also do big movies too. One idea was picking a franchise and watching all the films but that's probably not easy. If we supplied links to torrents or whatever, would anyone be interested in picking a B film and watching it? We could vote on film, etc.

Might be a fun way to watch a movie you normally wouldn't, and you have a forum to complain about how campy/funny/bad it is too.

so?

Swan
07-09-2009, 06:17 PM
As long as it isn't Triloquist I will probably be down

BreakABone
07-24-2009, 02:50 AM
Well want to bump this to see if anyone else was interested.

Maybe do something like Let the Right one In since its on Netflix streaming as well.

The Germanator
07-24-2009, 09:44 AM
I like this idea. And I'd be into Let the Right One, but I've already seen it twice. That's a great movie.

Angrist
07-24-2009, 06:12 PM
So eh Earl, you're sure it's an English movie? I don't want to watch that foreign crap.

flamb
08-11-2009, 11:47 PM
So eh Earl, you're sure it's an English movie? I don't want to watch that foreign crap.

ionno man, italy churns out some great horror movies.

Angrist
08-12-2009, 08:01 AM
/slap

Combine 017
08-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Well with the new 360 update we could all watch a movie in some sort of theater lobby or something I think.

BreakABone
08-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Well with the new 360 update we could all watch a movie in some sort of theater lobby or something I think.

I thought that was only for Netflix?

DeathsHand
08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I like'a'the horror, but I don't have netflix and I'm not a big fan of ripping off movies.
Sooo... Well, I guess... Shit.

If you watch a movie I own I'll try to sit in.
Doubtful, especially if you're aiming at B movies... I prefer my horror with a dash of too serious.

There's also the option of FearNet. Back in Fredericksburg, me and the kids used to sit around drinking and watching terrible horror movies on FearNet.
Good times.

BreakABone
08-13-2009, 04:02 PM
So we have an idea, what movies do you have?

And when do we want to do this haha

DeathsHand
08-13-2009, 04:24 PM
I has.

28 days later
28 weeks later
Bubba Ho-Tep (I don't remember it exactly being a horror film though)
The Changeling (George C. Scott, not Angie Jolie)
The Devil's Backbone
The Devil's Rejects
The Devil's Willy
Exorcist Trilogy
Eyes Without a Face
The Fly
The Fog (original)
Halloween 1, 2 and 4-8
Horror of Dracula
House of 1000 Corpses (worst movie I've ever tried to watch)
In the Mouth of Madness
Inferno (follow-up to Suspiria)
Jacob's Ladder
The Kingdom 1 (Riget)
The Kingdom 2 (Riget... 2)
Entire Night of the Living Dead series, including Dawn remake, excluding Day remake.
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Omen (Original)
Repulsion
Resident Evil 1 and 2
Return of the Living Dead
Rosemary's Baby
Salem's Lot
Session 9
The Shining
Suspiria
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1, 2, and remake
The Thing
The Wicker Man (original)

Excluding two non-horror horrors, Shadow of the Vampire and Shaun of the Dead... Which I just included.

I also have Dead Alive somewhere around here, but seem to have misplaced it.

As you can see that's mostly the more obvious horror movie standards and such. I'd normally be up for adding suggestions to my collection, but right now I owe my parents about $2,500 for college and supplies.
But if someone knows of a really good one that you can pick up for real cheap, y'know how we do.

Swan
08-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Devils Rejects is a really good movie.

I wouldn't quite call it horror though

DeathsHand
08-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Devils Rejects is a really good movie.

I wouldn't quite call it horror though

I know it's the follow up to House of 1000 Corpses... Which, as I said, was possibly one of the worst movies I've ever tried to watch...
Doesn't give me much hope for Rejects.. But I'll sit through it one of these days..

Swan
08-14-2009, 12:26 AM
I know it's the follow up to House of 1000 Corpses... Which, as I said, was possibly one of the worst movies I've ever tried to watch...
Doesn't give me much hope for Rejects.. But I'll sit through it one of these days..

Yeah, House of 1000 Corpses is god awful but Devils Rejects is completely different. Same evil family but the way it is done you start to like them and kind of care about them.

I recommend checking it out. I can guarantee you will like it more then Corpses