PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 2

BlueFire
06-26-2009, 02:28 AM
So.. the movie had the fucking Transformers, some great action scenes and Megan Fox (with her hotness and all).. that's about all it had going for it. Pretty awful. Dialogue is cringe-worthy. I felt that everything between the action sequences was such a waste of time, and even the action scenes were bland and tiring by the end.

I had to watch the movie, though...for my childhood.

I saw the Power Rangers movie on Sunday with my friends. The feeling I had as I watched the movie, I felt in certain parts of Transformers 2 (especially when the autobots drop their one-liners).

Eh, I don't know. Maybe I'm being overly critical.

All I have to say is: Robot Heaven. Just wow. :ohreilly:

Your thoughts?

BreakABone
06-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Did you just hate on the Power Rangers movie?

You shall be hearing from my people!

Angrist
06-26-2009, 03:11 AM
Back with Transformers 1, a friend convinced me to go. I enjoyed the first half of the movie, when there was a pretty good 'alien invasion' story. I didn't really like the 2nd half, with all the mindless smashing.

Then I got dragged into it a second time, with some other friends. :( That time I just laid back and enjoyed the show, which was ok.

I don't think I'm going to watch this in cinema.

Vampyr
06-26-2009, 09:56 AM
It wasn't that great.

But it was worth paying for just to see Optimus beat the crap out of some Deceptacons.

Bube
06-26-2009, 03:29 PM
As I said in the last movies watched thread, I liked the action. And it was childish funny in a lot of places. It was just a "for fun" movie, and I liked it for that :)

Ric
06-27-2009, 07:54 PM
In it's own right, it's an ok film.

But the truth is the storyline of the film is complete and utter transformers blasphemy :mad2:

The real story is told in Transformers The Movie. Dont be fooled by the misguided decepticon trick that is this modern incarnation.

KillerGremlin
06-29-2009, 12:12 AM
My siblings wanted to see Transformers 2 and my parents did not, so I struck up an agreement with my padre that if I take them to see Transformers 2 he will go see Moon with me. I think I would have been better off sneaking my much younger siblings into The Hangover. That incredibly dumb movie is wayyyy more intelligent than this crapfest.

Here's Transformers 2:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRS90V8BQGo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KRS90V8BQGo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Only much longer and way more boring.

Here's the top 10 list of "Things I learned at Transformers 2:"
1. 2012, that movie made by the guys who brought us high quality films such as Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow, looks exactly like Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow. I guess people are still impressed with the world getting blown up on a massive CGI scale.
2. The new Harry Potter film looks pretty good. I'm actually kind of excited.
3. The "Black" Transformers have to talk in stereotypical dialogue.
4. Slow motion is cool, but only when it's on Meghan Fox's T&A.
5. College is full of models; size 0 blondes and brunettes with fake tits who walk around in skimpy outfits.
6. Special effects lose their magic when they come at you like explosive diarrhea. After the 3rd wave of Baysplosions I was wondering when the stupid movie was going to end.
7. Robot testicles? Seriously?
8. Robot heaven? Seriously?
9. They left room for a sequel.
10. An additional complaint is I hate it when people show up to the movie late and they ask you to move down in the row so they can sit. I prefer to sit at the end of a row because I can put my giant legs out in the isle and I'm not surrounded by people. Usually to secure that seat I arrive at the movie 15 minutes before it starts. If you show up late to the movie have the common courtesy to just shut the fuck up and find a seat. There is a special place in hell for these people.

KillerGremlin
06-29-2009, 12:33 AM
As I said in the last movies watched thread, I liked the action. And it was childish funny in a lot of places. It was just a "for fun" movie, and I liked it for that :)

It would have worked if it was a bit shorter, and if they cut out that horribly awful "I love you" crap between that Bimbo Broad and the "no no no no no no!" kid.

How do you make a movie that is essentially robots, explosions, and boobs, kind of boring? I was bored. And I shouldn't have been. Because I do like robots, explosions, and boobs.

BreakABone
06-29-2009, 11:31 PM
1) Megan Fox is hot... and I guess Bay knew that.. as he passed up no chance to show off her body.

2)Transformers can disguise as humans?

3)Did we need two annoying characters in this movie?

4)The plot disappeared like an hour into the movie, and it wasn't that heavy to begin with.

5)They spend like an hour setting up the desert climax, and it is finished in less than 5 minutes if that.

6) This movie was loud, and crazy, but there was no sense of anything. The fights were filmed too close... the Decepticons all look the same to me... won't even touch the black stereotypical twins....

Angrist
06-30-2009, 03:16 AM
This is funny. A friend (he's 18) asked me a few times if I wanted to go to Transformers 2. I said I didn't think it was worth it, but he said it would be cool, because part 1 was cool.
So now he went without me and he hated it. :p

Ric
06-30-2009, 05:21 PM
It's like I said people -

...the storyline of the film is complete and utter transformers blasphemy :mad2:

*SPOILERS FOR TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE*

What is ment to happen is Optimus Prime and Megatron have their final battle in which Optimus quote's the famous line ''One shall stand, and one shall fall''
They end up both mortally wounding one another, the decepticons escape and their spaceship is heavily damaged so they jetisson the 'excess weight' Starscream throws Megatron out into space.

Optimus Prime then passes the Matrix Of Leadership on to Ultra Magnus saying ''It shall light our darkest hour'' and then he dies :baby: At the same time, floating through space, Megatron bumps into Unicron. Unicron wants Megatron to fetch the Matrix Of Leadership for him, to do this Unicron evolves Megatron into Galvatron. (The Matrix is the only thing that can defeat Unicron) Galvatron then returns home and kills Starscream taking back his (Megatron's) crown.

And thats just a small part of the storyline. Just that one bit is better than Transformers 2. The overall or 'main' story of T2 does not even compare to that of TTM in the slightest degree. T2 is a rancid dog fart in comparison.

*END SPOILER/RANT*

Vampyr
06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
It's like I said people -

*SPOILERS FOR TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE*

What is ment to happen is Optimus Prime and Megatron have their final battle in which Optimus quote's the famous line ''One shall stand, and one shall fall''
They end up both mortally wounding one another, the decepticons escape and their spaceship is heavily damaged so they jetisson the 'excess weight' Starscream throws Megatron out into space.

Optimus Prime then passes the Matrix Of Leadership on to Ultra Magnus saying ''It shall light our darkest hour'' and then he dies :baby: At the same time, floating through space, Megatron bumps into Unicron. Unicron wants Megatron to fetch the Matrix Of Leadership for him, to do this Unicron evolves Megatron into Galvatron. (The Matrix is the only thing that can defeat Unicron) Galvatron then returns home and kills Starscream taking back his (Megatron's) crown.

And thats just a small part of the storyline. Just that one bit is better than Transformers 2. The overall or 'main' story of T2 does not even compare to that of TTM in the slightest degree. T2 is a rancid dog fart in comparison.

*END SPOILER/RANT*

**SPOILER, somewhat***

I can sort of understand why they didn't kill Optimus this time around - the first time they did that they had kids crying and leaving the movies. Also they have said that the reason they didn't rename Megatron Galvatron is because they thought it would confuse the general audience.

That being said, the plot you outlined is about 20000x better than what we had in Transformers 2, even that little bit. :P