PDA

View Full Version : Oh snap! LOST finale!!!!!!!!!!

Fox 6
05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Think anyone will die?

Swan
05-14-2009, 02:03 AM
It was good but could have been better in all honesty.

Nowhere near as good as some of the past finales

Fox 6
05-14-2009, 02:05 AM
!!!!

had a sneaking suspicion thats what was inside the box the were carrying ;)

Swan
05-14-2009, 02:13 AM
!!!!

had a sneaking suspicion thats what was inside the box the were carrying ;)

As did I.

Fox 6
05-14-2009, 03:08 AM
1 season left! :(

Dylflon
05-14-2009, 03:24 AM
That Locke reveal makes Locke's death so tragic. When Ben strangled him, he died for real. He never got to really come back. He died defeated, alone, and heartbroken, betrayed by some he (sort of) trusted.

Dylflon
05-14-2009, 03:41 AM
Oh, and it turns out Locke was never special after all.

The Locke that wasn't really Locke tricked Richard into thinking Locke was special but was really just using Locke as a puppet.

In this episode Richard is all "He's supposed to be special but I don't see it"

So that's doubly depressing for Locke. He's just been jerked around this whole time.

manasecret
05-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Richard said he saw the whole Dharma Survivor crew die before his eyes. How did he see that since it seems he wasn't at that scene? And how could they detonate a hydrogen bomb and Richard and Co. still be alive?

Jacob being everywhere? Awesome. And my best guess is that Not-Locke must be Jacob's "friend" from the scene with the old medieval ship.

Also, Jacob says to Not-Locke, "Looks like you found your loophole." Does he mean the Ankh that the statue holds in both hands?

Speaking of the statue, apparently Ben knows how it was destroyed. Mysteries...

Dylflon
05-14-2009, 01:34 PM
The ankh is a symbol for eternal life, not a physical thing he needs to kill Jacob.

My guess is that for some reason or another, he can't kill Jacob with his bare hands and therefore orchestrated a whole lot of shit to eventually use John as a puppet.

I think when the island "spoke to John" in the first season, it was that guy manipulating him. John is always talking about things he is supposed to do and things leading to something and destiny.

Poor bastard has been a pawn all along.

Or possibly he's been visited by both Jacob and Jacob's enemy. Who knows?

Typhoid
05-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh, and my theory on the bomb to the Swan:

Farrady only said he was going to detonate a bomb - not explode the island. He also said he needs to get the people "Back where they belong" aka 30 years in the future (the present). He stated that the time flashes they experienced earlier were due to the electromagnetic field underneath the Swan, thusly sending them 30 years into the future to where they should be, in order to not push the button underneath the station, which shall explode the bomb core that was dropped down there that Juliette did not actually detonate.

And to do with John, I say it says a lot about his character. His whole life he was nobody, he was used as a puppet, and a tool for others' gain. You start to think that John has actually changed, and the Island does have extreme power - but instead it's just another jacob-like-person using John for his own gain.

Also, Jacob says to Not-Locke, "Looks like you found your loophole.

At the beginning of the episode it started with Jacob and other-guy onthe Island, other-guy said he will kill Jacob, and find a loophole. So he becomes John Locke (Somehow) and manipulates Ben to do it. Thus, the loophole.

Swan
05-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Jacob being everywhere? Awesome. And my best guess is that Not-Locke must be Jacob's "friend" from the scene with the old medieval ship.the statue, apparently Ben knows how it was destroyed.
I assumed that the ship was Desmonds

Typhoid
05-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I assumed that the ship was Desmonds

I assumed it was the Black Rock - the slaver ship with all the TNT that was in the middle of the jungle.

Bond
05-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Jacob and Esau perhaps. Fraternal twins from the Bible.

Bond
05-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Few Observations:

- I think what were believed to be orders given by Jacob in the past few seasons were really being given by Esau.

- When Jacob says "They're coming" right before he dies, I believe he is referring to the Oceanic 6.

Swan
05-16-2009, 02:50 AM
I really want a Richard centric episode before the series ends