PDA

View Full Version : Grooveshark

Vampyr
04-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Grooveshark (http://www.grooveshark.com)

Does anyone else use this? It's like Pandora (http://www.pandora.com) except better. There's no limit on the number of times you can change songs, and you can actually pick what you listen to, build playlists, and then turn on autoplay if you want.

Forgot to mention it's legal. Only thing you can't do is skip around to different parts of a song.

Typhoid
04-22-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't even know what Pandora is.

ZebraRampage
04-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Do you always have to search for songs? You can't "save" the ones you like?

I got it to make playlists, so never mind. It is better than pandora, but it can be overwhelming just trying to get the songs you want, especially if you're like me and you like to have the whole album, not just some of the songs.

Vampyr
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Do you always have to search for songs? You can't "save" the ones you like?

I got it to make playlists, so never mind. It is better than pandora, but it can be overwhelming just trying to get the songs you want, especially if you're like me and you like to have the whole album, not just some of the songs.

You can search by album, too.

ZebraRampage
04-22-2009, 08:40 PM
You can search by album, too.

I noticed that there are a lot of songs in those album clusters that aren't really part of the album..

Bube
04-23-2009, 07:22 AM
I use it sometimes, because Pandora became a US only thing a few years ago. But I think Pandora was better, that genome thing got really good results.

Angrist
04-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks, they have Marit Larsen's CDs. Certainly more useful than Last.fm!

Vampyr
04-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I use it sometimes, because Pandora became a US only thing a few years ago. But I think Pandora was better, that genome thing got really good results.

Pandora never gave me anything I really liked. :(

Bube
04-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Pandora never gave me anything I really liked. :(
Really? I discovered a ton of artists off of Pandora. I wish I could use it again..

manasecret
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Yay, skip forward and backward without the website guilting you about it. Pandora: "What, you don't like three of the songs I chose in a row? Are you sure you're not a pirate?"

Vampyr
04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Yay, skip forward and backward without the website guilting you about it. Pandora: "What, you don't like three of the songs I chose in a row? Are you sure you're not a pirate?"

Hehe, yeah, I hate that. I actually like the songs that Grooveshark gives on it's autoplay more so than Pandora's.

Whenever you click the 'learn about autoplay' link in Grooveshark, it actually says next to the 'skip' button, "Maybe you like this song but don't feel like listening to it right now. We understand."

And some the listings are a bit off, but at least there -are- listings.

Ric
05-31-2009, 06:25 PM
I started using this myself a while ago. I never noticed the thread before now. You can do quite a lot with it, I like that you can get different edits and mixes of songs too.

Made a few playlists now, 'Red Hot Chili Peppers Live In Hyde Park' I made a playlist of with the songs in the correct order. I went to the concert ;)

I go by the username Asmodeus.