PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 1 or 2

BreakABone
04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm just curious which folks prefer, I know more people tend to lean towards 2, but I think 1 told a better story and had a more isolated feeling to it.

They are both much stronger movies than 3 though.

Vampyr
04-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Prefer 2 myself. Terminator vs. Terminator was awesome, and having Arnold as the good semi-bad guy was also very cool. Not to mention the liquid metal was an awesome effect.

One thing that I didn't like so much about the third one was that I felt that the terminator from the second was much more lethal. The third one had more firepower, but ultimately easier to kill.

Dyne
04-20-2009, 02:17 AM
2 was perfect. It nailed the really high production values. It was the height of James Cameron's blockbuster brilliance.

Also, the sunglasses were the best. :cool: Awesome Persol Sports.

Angrist
04-20-2009, 08:39 AM
I never really remembered Terminator 1 until I watched it again a year ago or so. It was so much better than expected.

Like BaB I think the story is a bit better than that of T2. But T2 has a better atmosphere, action, actors. I think I'll go with T2, although it's pretty close. All in all I think T1 is underrated, T2 overrated.

The Germanator
04-20-2009, 09:49 PM
I know I'll face some wrath for this, but I've never seen either.

KillerGremlin
04-21-2009, 03:37 PM

You should check them out someday. They are good, especially if you like sci-fi and angry robots.

Anyway, I think I said previously that I prefer T1 to T2. Now, T2 is a more visceral and stimulating film. It has better special effects, 2 robots going at it....

But T1 really highlights the helpless humans vs. deadly robot experience. I think T1 is equally as suspenseful if not more so than T2. Plus Arnie as a bad guy? Totally awesome.

I'd say this battle is about as close as they come though. I don't recommend one without the other. I'd say both movies are mandatory viewing if you are looking to check out the Terminator world.

BreakABone
04-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh you will feel wrath!
The Wrath of Khan!
But seriously, both are extremely awesome movies that still hold up to this day.
I would also try and go in with as few information as possible, as some of the suspense is built around not knowing.

Vampyr
04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Fun facts:

1. James Cameron first considered OJ Simpson to play the Terminator, but ultimately decided against it because he was "too nice."

2. Arnold initially auditioned to play the part of Reese.

3. Mel Gibson turned down the role of the terminator