BreakABone
04-17-2009, 01:07 PM
I tried to avoid it.

'Green Lantern' to shoot in Sydney
Warners, DC drawn to Oz by federal, state incentives
By Pip Bulbeck
April 16, 2009, 01:51 AM ET

"Green Lantern"
SYDNEY -- Warner Bros. and DC Comics' next big-budget feature, "Green Lantern," will be made at Fox Studios Australia in Sydney, New South Wales Premier Nathan Rees said Thursday.

Director Martin Campbell will be at the helm of the comic book's big-screen adaptation, working from a script by Greg Berlanti and Michael Green. Donald Deline will produce with a reported budget of $150 million.

Rees said the film will create about 500 jobs and include a "substantial investment" in digital effects work in Australia.

"Green Lantern" should be eligible to receive the Australian federal government's 15% location rebate on top of the incentives supplied by the New South Wales government to bring the project to Fox. New South Wales outbid interstate rivals Victoria and Queensland for the work.

"The decision by Warner Bros. to locate the production in New South Wales is tangible evidence that having a competitive incentive scheme in place returns positive results," Fox Studios Australia CEO Nancy Romano said.

The project is the latest film also to be attracted by the decline in the value of the Australian dollar.

"Green Lantern" is the third Warner Bros.-backed feature being made in New South Wales. "Happy Feet 2" is in development there, and "Guardians of Ga'Hoole" is in production by Animal Logic.

Preproduction on "Green Lantern" is set to begin in July, and filming is scheduled to start in November. Warners is aiming to release the film in December 2010.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i8ff4031e6fcd4bbcc4b63118cb6b7e07

Let's see if DC goes the Batman route or... there every other comic route.

Swan
04-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Which Lantern they going with?

Hal Jordan?

BreakABone
04-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Which Lantern they going with?

Hal Jordan?

like there is any other candidate.

I would have preferred Stewart or Raynor.
Guy Gardener would be awesome if a comedy.