PDA

View Full Version : The Gremlins Thread

BreakABone
04-08-2009, 12:47 AM
On the behest of one of our... less active members... I am watching this movie for the first time.

And just curious has everyone else seen? And what think?

Shall post my thoughts when done.

Zen
04-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Both gremlins and the sequel were among my favorite movies growing up, rewatched recently....not so cool, i have maaaany fond memories though, i just cant believe you have never seen this movie, i can basically recite most of the lines in the sequel. and I still have the biggest crush on what'shername playing the female lead.

BreakABone
04-08-2009, 02:45 AM
The movie was good, but I can see its one of those movies you appreciate when you are younger.

The older me just saw some poor puppetery special effects, and a dated 80s level of violence.

Still a fun movie.

KillerGremlin
04-08-2009, 05:23 AM
You can see what Furby ripped off......

Gremlins is much better than Gremlins 2, but man do I love those movies.......they are campy, fun films.

Gremlins was one of the first horror movies I ever saw, and it is still one of my favorites to this day. It has some fun social commentary slipped into it, and the fact that they cast the film during Christmas....it's just a brilliant and deviant little film.

The Germanator
04-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Gremlins series. Certainly a lot of that has to do with the fact I watched them so many times as a kid, but I still appreciate them today. The first is definitely more of a classic horror film with a hint of goofiness, and then Gremlins 2 went flat out goofy.

I appreciate both of them for what they are and if a really good special edition DVD had come out I would've bought it in a second, but they've never really put anything decent out.

And yes, Gremlins era Phoebe Cates is a total babe.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/MMPH-E/254325.jpg

Angrist
04-09-2009, 08:45 AM
The first Gremlins was great. It really scared me as a kid. I must have seen it at least 5 times. The second one was too over the top and boring.

KillerGremlin
04-09-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Gremlins series. Certainly a lot of that has to do with the fact I watched them so many times as a kid, but I still appreciate them today. The first is definitely more of a classic horror film with a hint of goofiness, and then Gremlins 2 went flat out goofy.

I appreciate both of them for what they are and if a really good special edition DVD had come out I would've bought it in a second, but they've never really put anything decent out.

And yes, Gremlins era Phoebe Cates is a total babe.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/MMPH-E/254325.jpg

Dude hellz yeah she is hot. She got naked later in her career...total babe.