PDA

View Full Version : Kings of Leon

Professor S
04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
While an obvious choice, these guys might just save Rock and Roll. One hell of a lead singer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1HXVlqexz4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1HXVlqexz4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fox 6
04-06-2009, 02:06 PM
*cough*

Thats what they said about the Strokes too

*cough*

The Germanator
04-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Can't say I'm a fan. Not my style I guess...

The Strokes, however, I actually liked.

Professor S
04-06-2009, 02:35 PM
These guys are the kind of throwback that I think rock needs right now. Just a dirty, bluesy, no frills rock band. Call them a guilty pleasure, but it's sure as hell better than the nutless wonders currently pretending to be rock stars in popular music, like Hoobasuck and and the others bags of douche.

Dyne
04-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I love Kings of Leon. I really need to listen to their new stuff, though. I have their old albums and they really rock.

I also love that it's like Hansen - a good version of Hansen, with an extra cousin.

Professor S
04-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I also love that it's like Hansen - a good version of Hansen, with an extra cousin.

When was the last time Hansen sang about sex, regardless of whether or not it happens to be on fire?

Typhoid
04-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I've loved Kings of Leon since the first album days, back when they were long-haired raw garage rockers. If you want something from back then, listen to "Four Kicks."

Anyways, I like all of their albums. I feel that the album Because of the Times didn't get as much attention as it should have, and was crushed because of the close release of their next (and current) album, however the newest one is clearly the most radio and typically ear-friendly to the masses, so I don't mind.

Bond
04-07-2009, 12:21 AM
Kings of Leon is great. Just started listening to them. I don't think "Only by the Night" has a bad song on it.