PDA

View Full Version : The Return of 24...?!

Thespis721
03-20-2009, 08:10 PM
I know. I know. We're already over halfway through the season, but I've been swamped the past few months and I couldn't even turn on my TV, but I got some time, caught up on my episodes and am up to date.

To be honest, I was expecting very little from 24, especially after that crap fest that was last season. After last season, I was more for them just hanging it up and calling it a day. However, this season is shaping excitingly well. The writers are losing their plot ADD and sticking with subplots through completion, they are making the softer, quieter choices over the explosions nine times out of ten. And most importantly, I think only one or two people were tortured, for a very short period of time, and were followed up with some serious consequences.

My only quams are that sometimes I don't follow a few character's motivations. Perhaps it's because they are going to pull a Nina or just lax writing.

I don't know. I'm excited again to watch 24 on Mondays again! What do you guys think?

BreakABone
03-20-2009, 08:33 PM
You really didn't like season 5?
I thought it was awesome.

And this season has been fun as well thus far.
Loved the ending of last episode... except Tony enjoying dinner apparently.

Thespis721
03-20-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't know how many people are going to get that joke about season 5. This ain't Batman and Robin.

But I actually wasn't the biggest fan of season 5 either. I always felt 24 was on a slow decline after season 3.

And regarding Tony... you gotta eat sometime and I think you can appreciate one of the few times you see a 24 character actually eat. I don't remember that happening since season 1 when Jack is being interrogated by Mason and he's scarfing down the food in front of him.

BreakABone
03-22-2009, 05:10 AM
I don't know how many people are going to get that joke about season 5. This ain't Batman and Robin.

But I actually wasn't the biggest fan of season 5 either. I always felt 24 was on a slow decline after season 3.

And regarding Tony... you gotta eat sometime and I think you can appreciate one of the few times you see a 24 character actually eat. I don't remember that happening since season 1 when Jack is being interrogated by Mason and he's scarfing down the food in front of him.

At this point, I'd be happy if anyone of them actually watched the show.
Season 5 is my favorite season, but I can see why think its a bit over the top.

And yeah, I get Tony eating at a fairly reasonable hour, its just kind of weird since the time before that he just happened to be sitting outside of the White House.:lol:

BreakABone
04-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Another fine episode, but I have to say it is weird to see Jack off the field so much.

tornadothrasher
04-07-2009, 02:15 AM
All I know is Cuthbert better give Jack those stem cells.

gekko
04-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Tony... WTF? What is going on?

BreakABone
04-14-2009, 01:18 AM
All I know is Cuthbert better give Jack those stem cells.
And she's back.
Looked a bit aged.

Tony... WTF? What is going on?

And I know!
Curious where it goes.