PDA

View Full Version : LOST Tonight

Bond
03-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Technically tomorrow night, but I'm so excited I had to make a thread today.

How will Sawyer deal with the arrival of his old friends? Nobody knows!

Dylflon
03-18-2009, 01:24 AM
You scared me. I thought they'd moved the day for a second.

Bond
03-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Just had a gander at the promotional photos for this episode.

Looks like it's going to be sweet.

Fox 6
03-18-2009, 02:32 AM
Was reading that we get to see young Ben Linus in the near future too.

GameMaster
03-18-2009, 03:05 AM
How will Sawyer deal with the arrival of his old friends? Nobody knows!

Well, he seemed pretty happy to me.

But when he was talking to Jin on the phone he did say not to bring them back so... I assuming he just doesn't want Jack and Co. to blow their cover.

Teuthida
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I hate you. I was looking for torrents all last night. I use these threads to indicate when the show is out since I don't watch tv and forget what day it comes on...or what day it is. Only enter the thread after I've watched the show.

So tonight tonight?

Bond
03-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Haha, sorry. Next time I'll make the thread title more clear.

BreakABone
03-18-2009, 06:27 PM
To be fair to everyone here, you did make the thread LAST night even according to my clock and I have one of the earlier time zones in the country.

Just put the date next time so no confusion or make the afternoon of.

Bond
03-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Decent episode.

Combine 017
03-18-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm so excited.
it's going to be sweet.

Decent episode.

:p

GameMaster
03-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Haha, he did kind of fill us full of false hope, didn't he? :D

I think next week, we'll have Fox do this since he was kind of running the LOST episode threads anyways.

Fox 6
03-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Sooooo good.

manasecret
03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Why torrent them? You can watch them in HD free at ABC.com. Unless the few sets of 30-60 seconds of commercials are just not for you.

This episode was fun, but kind of a boring segue into more interesting things. I think if it hadn't been spoiled earlier in this thread (!!!) the Ben Linus revelation at the end would have been a lot cooler.

Bond
03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
I think the show is going to start going back to character-centered episodes now that everyone is back together. Just a hunch.

Fox 6
03-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Wonder what happened to Faraday?!?!?!

Teuthida
03-19-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm thinking he used that magic turny wheel or something similar given where we saw him a few eps ago....or with the others?

Bond
03-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Who is everyone's favorite character?

GameMaster
03-20-2009, 02:48 AM
I like Locke. I love the amount of faith he has in the island and his devotion to it.

I love the way his calmness always unsettles everyone else. He's so zen and in-tune with his surroundings.

If I haven't mentioned it enough, my least favorite character is Hurley. I can't tell you how many times I've mentally shouted "Shut the fuck up" to that stupid, loud fool.

Sawyer lost some points in my book last night for the way he treated Jack. I've never had a problem with his behavior because it's just part of his character but last night he was a grade-A jack ass when he gave his little speech to Jack. Talk about a power-trip. I hope Jack gets revenge by screwing Juliet in Sawyer's bed. And I hope Sawyer walks in and sees it happening.

Swan
03-20-2009, 05:07 AM
My favorite character through out the series was Charlie. Didn't want him to die but it was a good death.

My least favorite character is easily Jack. He has bothered me through out the whole series

Does anybody else think Claire will come back?

BreakABone
03-20-2009, 05:50 AM
My favorite character through out the series was Charlie. Didn't want him to die but it was a good death.

My least favorite character is easily Jack. He has bothered me through out the whole series

Does anybody else think Claire will come back?

This is how I felt, and when someone spoiled that Charlie bites it at the end of season 3, it gave me even less motivation to finish the show.

Though I had a certain dislike of Kate and Anna Lucia as well.

Dylflon
03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
I like Locke. I love the amount of faith he has in the island and his devotion to it.

I love the way his calmness always unsettles everyone else. He's so zen and in-tune with his surroundings.

If I haven't mentioned it enough, my least favorite character is Hurley. I can't tell you how many times I've mentally shouted "Shut the fuck up" to that stupid, loud fool.

Sawyer lost some points in my book last night for the way he treated Jack. I've never had a problem with his behavior because it's just part of his character but last night he was a grade-A jack ass when he gave his little speech to Jack. Talk about a power-trip. I hope Jack gets revenge by screwing Juliet in Sawyer's bed. And I hope Sawyer walks in and sees it happening.

That was my favorite scene!

Something I notice about how you react to the show is that you tend to judge characters on qualities you'd look for in your friends instead of qualities that make them interesting characters. You often complain about Jack and I insist that it's Jack's lack of leadership qualities and tendency to make poor decisions that makes him an interesting character.

I thought it was sweet that Sawyer called him out. I have a bus to catch so I'll finish this thought later.

GameMaster
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
That was my favorite scene!

Something I notice about how you react to the show is that you tend to judge characters on qualities you'd look for in your friends instead of qualities that make them interesting characters. You often complain about Jack and I insist that it's Jack's lack of leadership qualities and tendency to make poor decisions that makes him an interesting character.

I thought it was sweet that Sawyer called him out. I have a bus to catch so I'll finish this thought later.

I'm analyzing the characters subjectively. I'm only interested in how they react and respond. And then I present my opinion.

You're analyzing the characters objectively. I think you're judging them purely from a literary standpoint. How richly they've been written and the complexities the authors have given them and stuff. Which I get, cause you're a writer, and director and stuff.

But when you said 'instead' up there in the quoted text, it makes it sound like I shouldn't be looking at it subjectively.

I think they're just different ways of watching a show. Neither one is wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot what it was about Jack that I was complaining about. I think you and I were discussing Jack and Locke and I was pointing out why I think Locke is better or something.

Jack was actually a great leader and 'shepherd' for the passengers in seasons 1 through about 3. Then after that, the group kind of split with Jack heading one and Locke heading the other.

I disagree completely with Sawyer's point about Jack being rash and reacting to things to quickly without thinking through a little.

The situation Jack was in when the plane first crashed is A LOT different from the situation Sawyer's in now that he's kind of leading a small part of the Dharma. Jack didn't have time to think when he woke up and their was burning wreckage from the plane and people injured and screaming. Jack didn't have a furnished house to sit in each night to think things through.

Sawyer's argument just seems so stupid. Sawyer lied his way into a community that was already completely built and established with all the things they need to survive.

When Jack was the leader, they had nothing. So of course Jack wouldn't have time to think because he had to worry about food, shelter, bears, invisible smoke monster, and the Others.

Dylflon
03-20-2009, 05:02 PM
That's a pretty good point, actually.

I really don't think any of them have good leadership qualities.

Jack is too stubborn and proud, and is more willing to see a bad idea through than take input from others.

Everything Kate does is completely self motivated.

Locke even while putting on the facade of a leader can't make decisions, and instead relies on orders.

And Sawyer while being good at lying has a long history of being a selfish survivalist.

Also, people I've been talking to seem to think that the ending to the last episode sucked despite the fact that Ben being there changes everything. If he met them when he was a kid, then that means he's known them the entire time.

Though we don't know the implications of this yet.