PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Rourke Officially in Iron Man 2

GameMaster
03-11-2009, 10:17 PM
http://imgur.com/KFRH.png

Glad to see the old Mick getting a second chance.

Swan
03-12-2009, 01:41 AM
Any idea which villain?

Or would it be one they just create for the movie

Professor S
03-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't see this going well. Rourke isn't a character actor. He's best wehn he plays characters through himself. His best roles were all aspects of his own tortured self (Barfly, Wrestler, etc.). And I don't think a Russian accent is going to help things.

Dyne
03-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Personally, I can't stand Mickey Rourke.

The only way I see this working is if they make a new "Plastic Surgeon from Hell" villain specifically for him.

Typhoid
03-12-2009, 05:23 PM
I really hope he plays a geriatric in a coma who gets no lines.

BreakABone
03-12-2009, 05:59 PM
So much Rourke hate, but here are some details.

ICM has scored its second casting deal for Marvel's Iron Man 2. After at first being low-balled by the studio to the tune of $250K, Rourke has signed on for the role of the Russian villain in the sequel after his agent David Unger got the quote up to a "significant" level despite this punishing economic climate where the studios are taking advantage of talent.

Marvel Studios confirmed today that Sony Pictures Entertainment will release SPIDER-MAN 4 on May 6, 2011. Additionally, Marvel Studios has revised the release dates for THOR and CAPTAIN AMERICA as part of its release strategy for an uninterrupted road to THE AVENGERS, now debuting May 4, 2012