03-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I love this movie

http://img.listal.com/image/productsus/1000/B00001ODHV/movies/fitzcarraldo.jpg

Angrist
03-05-2009, 10:41 AM
What is it?

Professor S
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
It's a german film by Werner Herzog about a man obsessed with bringing an Opera house to a small backwater Amazon town in the early 20th century. To achieve this goal, he dreams of a wild scheme to bring in money from resources that were first though unaccessible.

Its a movie about obsession, failure and and personal victory/vindication in the face of insurmountable obstacles. To me this film is autobiographical of the filmmaker, Herzog, who was known to be a task master and willing to film his vision at any personal or human cost.

KillerGremlin
03-06-2009, 05:48 AM
I will look into it...
and if it sucks...

I will hunt you down!!!

Seth
03-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I love this movie too! In fact, it's still on my harddrive. Aquirre, Wrath of God originally tuned me into Herzog, it also stars Klaus Kinski. It's my favourite W.E. film. Prof_s you've probably seen it.

Kinski's and Herzog's families shared a condo while in their early teens.
anyone see the The Wild Blue Yonder(2005). It stars 'wormtongue' from LOTR.
http://nettikmovie.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/aguirre-wrath-of-god-02.jpg

Professor S
03-12-2009, 07:58 AM
I haven't finsihed Aguirre yet, but I've seen almost all of Herzog's other films. His remake of Nosferatu is probably my favorites for Kinski's performance and how desolate it feels.

Seth, you've seen My Best Fiend, right? Kinski was one crazy sob.

Seth
03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
I haven't seen My Best Fiend. I just read the description on imdb...and as soon as school's over I'll get the time to. Nosferatu....it's been on my hd twice and I still haven't seen it. one of these days. I was recently 'forced' to watch Twilight so I need to get the bad taste out with a good vamp film.

there's a lot of herzog i haven't seen...but i'm still young so time is mine.