PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Mayhem (2/2/09)

BreakABone
02-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Mondays have always been the busiest TV day of the week for me. Back as a chapping young lad, it was the Monday Night Wars (when Nitro and Raw came on at the same time) as that diminished and more adult content came into my life well Monday is really geek heavy these days.

8pm
House- A former cancer researcher collapses in the middle of a cooking class, and the team are forced to reevaluate their own lives when they learn she gave up a promising career to seek personal happiness. Meanwhile, Thirteen suffers adverse reactions from the clinical trials, and Cuddy gives House a dose of his own medicine.

How I Met Your Mother-
Robin relies on a video résumé prepared by Barney to land a job before facing deportation back to Canada.

9pm
Heroes-
After the battle between Pinehearst and Primatech, Pete, Claire, Matt, and Daphne try to live normal lives, while a powerless Hiro tries to teach Ando how to use his new special ability and become a superhero. However, Claire discovers Nathan's plan to track down those with abilities.

And the granddady of them all
http://remote.lohudblogs.com/files/2007/08/24_logo_season5s.jpg

Teuthida
02-02-2009, 12:35 PM
What is this 24 of which you speak?

Fyacin
02-02-2009, 12:44 PM
House has been dissapointing latley, but I'll watch it anyway, lol.

The Germanator
02-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Hmm, I've never watched an episode of House, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, or 24...I guess I'm missing out on Mondays!

I'll probably watch some college hoops with Louisville/UConn and then maybe a movie I've downloaded or something.

Fox 6
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Only TV i find myself watching regularly is LOST and vintage Simpsons

Bond
02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm very upset that House and HIMYM are now on at the same time. Luckily I won't be able to watch either tonight.

Typhoid
02-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I can't wait for heroes.

BreakABone
02-02-2009, 07:23 PM
I can't wait for heroes.

Really?
I still watch Heroes, but I don't mind if its like later on in the week.
The show is just over the top and bad at times.
Granted, reminds me of an actual comic but eh.

Typhoid
02-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I think it's really neat, to be honest.
I'm not big comic reader, in fact the last comics I liked was Spawn, when I was 12 or so - but for some reason Heroes just hooked me by the balls and hasn't let me go.

GameMaster
02-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Did anyone see yesterday's special, post-Superbowl episode of The Office? Special guest star, Jack Black, included!

Anywho, a more complete Monday night TV lineup:

The Bachelor
Being Erica
Big Bang Theory
Chuck
The Closer
Colbert Report
CSI: Miami
Daily Show
Fifth Gear
Gossip Girl
Heroes
House
How I met your mother
Kyle XY
Man vs. Wild
Medium
One Tree Hill
Rita Rocks
Secret Life of the American Teenager
Trust Me
Two and a Half Men
Worst Week

BreakABone
02-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Well work totally killed my time today, stayed at a hospital 2 hours over and then had to walk home.

I haven't been able to find Chuck, and Heroes is finishing up now.

I watched 24 which was a decent episode but more of a mover. Had a decent action piece.

How I Met Your Mother was awesome. I want a resume like Barney's.

BreakABone
02-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Hmm, I've never watched an episode of House, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, or 24...I guess I'm missing out on Mondays!

I'll probably watch some college hoops with Louisville/UConn and then maybe a movie I've downloaded or something.

House- missing out
HIMYM- missing out
Heroes- Season 1 missing out
24- Mah gawd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you exlude season 6 that is. :lolz:

Heroes was interesting.
Though the ending was dumb, I thought Peter had Nathan's ability to fly? Why the hell does he need to hold on...if you can fly! And with superstrenght shouldn't he be ripping that stuff out?

BreakABone
02-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Chuck.. was... well an interesting episode.
It had Charlie from Lost playing a rocker for anyone who cares.

I watched the first episode of Scrubs. Really strong stuff, but not in the emotional way. It just weird to see the characters mature into their new roles.

GameMaster
02-04-2009, 02:49 AM
I watched the first episode of Scrubs. Really strong stuff, but not in the emotional way. It just weird to see the characters mature into their new roles.

I just finished season 1 of Scrubs and started season 2 last night. I've really enjoyed it. When it was first airing I had no interest and never gave it a chance.

Angrist
02-04-2009, 10:22 AM
I tried the first 7 or 8 eps of Scrubs, didn't like it. Not my kind of humor I guess.

GameMaster
02-04-2009, 10:18 PM
A couple years ago, I bought Season 1 of the Simpsons followed by subsequent seasons.

But boy, that first season was painful to watch. So boring. I guess it didn't really find its footing until Season 3.